ADVERTISEMENT

Banners

"I thought the headline was from The Onion, and that the image was the product of fairly rudimentary PhotoShop skills. I was wrong on both counts."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/10/colts-raise-afc-finalist-banner/

banner.jpg

Fits in with EIGHT other "participant" banners, two for making the playoffs as a WILD CARD!

NOTHING anywhere in sports is as lame as this.

IMG_0692.jpg

image-jpg.9491

10000231-00-00-00-00_lg.png

The banners are a joke.

An established history of your organization being unethical, cheating scum is worse.

Blatant hypocrisy like...
no way I could ever cheer for unethical, cheating scum. No UK, no Colts.*

nt

is probably somewhere in between the two.

Is there really a Sweet Sixteen Banner hanging in Assembly?

I know he went with the whole "ring" thing, but that can't be accurate, can it?
No. We hung the separate B1G Champions banner for 2013, but there is no "Sweet 16" banner.

Which is worse

IU Sweet 16 banner or Colts AFC finalist banner?
I can understand an AFC Champion banner that you add dates to, but an individual banner for an AFC Finalist is such a Purdue thing to do.

IU has a 2013 Big Ten banner just as Knight put one up for 1983, but I haven't seen a separate banner for a Sweet 16. I suppose it is okay to put one in Cook Hall.

UE recently put their CIT banner in their practice facility and not in the Ford Center.

Google image search using "NCAA Mens basketball sweet 16 banner" suggest that there are three schools where such banners exist.

One is at Ball State. They go all out! Make the 64 team field, hang a banner!

7367396822_b13b78f05a.jpg

Another is at Florida Gulf Coast University ("Dunk City") and is kind of understandable, since that one team put their program on the map:

1113_NCSP_FGCUMHoops5287_3815160_ver1.0_640_480.JPG

The other is at Cornell, where again such an achievement is an extreme rarity:

images

To my knowledge no other schools have put up such a banner for an NCAA Men's basketball sweet 16 appearance. A few have one banner listing all such appearances in the school's history, though.

Last edited:
Google image search using "NCAA Mens basketball sweet 16 banner" suggest that there are three schools where such banners exist.

One is at Ball State. They go all out! Make the 64 team field, hang a banner!

Another is at Florida Gulf Coast University ("Dunk City") and is kind of understandable, since that one team put their program on the map:

The other is at Cornell, where again such an achievement is an extreme rarity:

To my knowledge no other schools have put up such a banner for an NCAA Men's basketball sweet 16 appearance. A few have one banner listing all such appearances in the school's history, though.

I thought you were a "scientist"? Shouldn't you be able to do a little better research than this?

Just a few minutes of research into this, and you don't have to go further than the Dean Dome itself to find similar banners....

262414.jpg

North%20Carolina%203rd%20place%201973%20NIT%20banner.jpg

Regardless, this is a RIDICULOUS argument because IU didn't hang a Sweet 16 banner. There isn't one in Assembly Hall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT