ADVERTISEMENT

Ballo vs IU in 2022

He had 15points, 12 rebounds and 2 assists. I’ll take that.
TJD had 11 points and 5 rebounds. Ballo is the type of center that was kryptonite to TJD and Ware. He fills a need for rebounding and shot blocking that we will lose with Ware gone.

BTW, people wringing their hands over playing two bigs need to remember, Newton and Jeffries, Garrett and Thomas, Tolbert and Turner. It works if you have the guards to take and make shots.

TJD had 11 points and 5 rebounds. Ballo is the type of center that was kryptonite to TJD and Ware. He fills a need for rebounding and shot blocking that we will lose with Ware gone.

BTW, people wringing their hands over playing two bigs need to remember, Newton and Jeffries, Garrett and Thomas, Tolbert and Turner. It works if you have the guards to take and make shots.
I agree- but also, TJD was going through some back issues. Also, Newton and Jeffries both could stretch the floor, or atleast in 2002, Jefffies could stretch the floor. Either way, I LOVE this pickup!

Reactions: YOTHN

Yea. Knight was coaching..

Reactions: steelyvan
Newton and Jeffries do not play with their back to the basket like Reneau and Ballo.

Jeffries could play PG at times, attack off the dribble and shot 38% from 3p, while taking 2 attempts per game. Those guys could each clear out the paint and their defender had to stick around them.

Either way, we are better off with Ballo and Reneau. There is just a fear of our inability to be overly creative when the lane is clogged with bigs. We'll see what CMW does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT