ADVERTISEMENT

Ballo Committed

Wrong. Goodman posted Ballo was around $1.2M and there is plenty of info out there.

Our spend on the roster is $4-5M, this is how it might break broadly breakdown.

Not a topic for you I don’t care.
Deep down, do you really believe all that, or do you just enjoy talking shop?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I’m talking to Cav who is involved with NIL and brought it up.

We know Ballo is $1.2M or so.

Interesting to ballpark what the roster costs. It’s a message board about IU basketball.
At the end of the day it doesn't even matter if it cost 5 million, it only matters who we land.

IU's NIL will always have money which it's looking like will always keep IU relevant, at least on the recruiting trail.

You would know better than me, but I’d guess the following:

MM - $750K
MR - $750K
Tucker - $750K
Ballo - $1.2M
Rice - $350K (maybe a little more)
Carlyle - $350K (maybe a little more)
Gallo - $200K
Leal and others $200K

I heard Hickman was looking for $250K.

I’m sure people have better intel than me, these are just broad estimates from little data points that pop up from time to time.

We’ll never know all the exact numbers, but the whole roster is probably $4-5M total. Has to be one of the most expensive in the country. Need to mold this talent into a winner.
There is talk out there that IU has more than 6 million. I think the 6 million is in the collectives. That doesn’t mean there isn’t more.

Reactions: Middawg
I seem to recall Woody saying he doesn’t want a kid if alll he wants is a payday and I thought coaches weren’t allowed to discuss NIL that was someone else’s job ….. oh well, welcome Oumar and go Hoosiers!

There is talk out there that IU has more than 6 million. I think the 6 million is in the collectives. That doesn’t mean there isn’t more.
Interesting. I’ve heard a little higher all in, which supports our spend levels beyond this year — helpful to tell and give recruits. Places like UK have been coming up short on NIL promises.

Woodson is a lazy recruiter.
What an un-informed and flip comment. The kid could have gone anywhere in the country and gotten big bucks. Supposedly Old Miss offered him $1M. I'm sure Woody and staff worked hard to close the deal. I guess it's hard for some folks to give credit where it's due. I'm sure Ballo's aware of the success that TJD has had in developing into a pro and that Ware will be a high draft pick.

What was the terminology you guys used to make yourselves feel superior to Kentucky? Outsourcing? Was that it? I honestly can’t remember.

Wrong. Goodman posted Ballo was around $1.2M and there is plenty of info out there.

Our spend on the roster is $4-5M, this is how it might break broadly breakdown.

Not a topic for you I don’t care.
Now can we say that if he was "really good he would be in the NBA"???? What happened to everyone wanted to play for OLD IU, but now it looks like they will come for the money only. Remember when IU was about getting a student athlete! That's over! Hope works it out for ya!

Now can we say that if he was "really good he would be in the NBA"???? What happened to everyone wanted to play for OLD IU, but now it looks like they will come for the money only. Remember when IU was about getting a student athlete! That's over! Hope works it out for ya!
What? All I hear is bahhhhh bahhhhh.

Reactions: brianiu
What was the terminology you guys used to make yourselves feel superior to Kentucky? Outsourcing? Was that it? I honestly can’t remember.
I don't know. How much did it cost, exactly, to keep Edey in the fold this past season, to literally carry you clowns to the NC? NIL is legal now. Back when UK was earning its well-deserved rep, it was not. By the way, I always admired the ride that Big Dog tooled around WLaffy in back in the day. Man, being on scholarship must've freed up a lot of spending money that otherwise a kid from Gary would be ponying up to attend the Ivy League of the Midwest. That's weird how that all worked out. Did Luther Clay use that "bank loan" on his meal card at the dorm, or on something else?

Ballo ....dominant 4 out Center that plays 25 mpg
Mgbako...elite stretch 4
Rice...Ideal pg in a 4 out offense

Reneau and Galloway....veteran 20 minute guys that can cover 1-5 off the bench.
Tucker and Carlyle...fringe starters that will start the following season. Also 20 min guys.
In a 9 man rotation, that's a championship bench for an average exNBA coach, that subs in mass.

Roster spots 10-13, Elija Moore, Newton, Leal and Cupps who they should redshirt. Newton and Cupps could eventually be backcourt starters.

We need two big-time perimeter starters. We have 3 candidates from the state of Indiana out there.

Mgbako...elite stretch 4

Tucker and Carlyle...fringe starters that will start the following season. Also 20 min guys.
In a 9 man rotation, that's a championship bench for an average exNBA coach, that subs in mass.

Roster spots 10-13, Elija Moore, Newton, Leal and Cupps who they should redshirt. Newton and Cupps could eventually be backcourt starters.

We need two big-time perimeter starters. We have 3 candidates from the state of Indiana out there.
Malik isn't coming off the bench.

No validation awarded.

Get a banner or STFU.

Reactions: Indyhorn
Mgbako...elite stretch 4

Starters next year.
PG Rice top five pg in Big
SG Caryle NBA talent
SF Mabako All Big
PF Malik
C Ballo Too Center in Big

Malik next to Ballo actually makes Ballo worse. Mgbako and Malik are defensive liabilities at the 4 and 3. Carlyle and Rice in no way fit with that.

We'll have a fine class but let's be honest. Rice and Carlyle are Rosemonds guys that happened to be highly rated and we just threw a bank vault at Ballo.

There's no fit there.

There is not such an animal in the NIL era of College basketball. The age of the student athlete is dead.

Malik next to Ballo actually makes Ballo worse. Mgbako and Malik are defensive liabilities at the 4 and 3. Carlyle and Rice in no way fit with that.

We'll have a fine class but let's be honest. Rice and Carlyle are Rosemonds guys that happened to be highly rated and we just threw a bank vault at Ballo.

There's no fit there.
But yet we will start the season in the top 25. From there who knows.

What an un-informed and flip comment. The kid could have gone anywhere in the country and gotten big bucks. Supposedly Old Miss offered him $1M. I'm sure Woody and staff worked hard to close the deal. I guess it's hard for some folks to give credit where it's due. I'm sure Ballo's aware of the success that TJD has had in developing into a pro and that Ware will be a high draft pick.
Nonsense. Woodson is lucky to be in place while Cuban is around. He should have been fired after the season and brought in Nate Oats.

I don't know. How much did it cost, exactly, to keep Edey in the fold this past season, to literally carry you clowns to the NC? NIL is legal now. Back when UK was earning its well-deserved rep, it was not. By the way, I always admired the ride that Big Dog tooled around WLaffy in back in the day. Man, being on scholarship must've freed up a lot of spending money that otherwise a kid from Gary would be ponying up to attend the Ivy League of the Midwest. That's weird how that all worked out. Did Luther Clay use that "bank loan" on his meal card at the dorm, or on something else?
The difference, daft one, is IU fans having to think their program was ever above the fray. Now, you’re pretending that IU isn’t paying players to leave their schools. IU is recruiting guys from the portal according to you when it’s tampering to the rest of the educated world.

Whatever. I’m old enough to remember when IU would never rely on jucos, until they did. IU would never recruit one and dones, until they did. IU had 100% graduation rate, until it didn’t. IU would never cheat, until it was caught.

It’s always the same with IU fans. It’s not enough to be good. You need to look down at every other program you compete against.

The difference, daft one, is IU fans having to think their program was ever above the fray. Now, you’re pretending that IU isn’t paying players to leave their schools. IU is recruiting guys from the portal according to you when it’s tampering to the rest of the educated world.

Whatever. I’m old enough to remember when IU would never rely on jucos, until they did. IU would never recruit one and dones, until they did. IU had 100% graduation rate, until it didn’t. IU would never cheat, until it was caught.

It’s always the same with IU fans. It’s not enough to be good. You need to look down at every other program you compete against.
What The Fuck Wtf GIF

Who's daft? Paying players to leave their schools? Tampering, to the educated world? Stop with the hyperbole. It's the transfer portal, you imbecile. The educated world knows what the portal is and how it works. It seems only you don't. I guess that makes you...not educated.

It's always the same with Purdue fans. You like to claim how superior you are to IU, yet here you are, always seeking validation, like a little brother at a family reunion. Never change. As a fellow poster here likes to say, it defines you.

Rent free. All day. All night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT