ADVERTISEMENT

Bad Week for the puKES

That’s commonly heard over on GBI. Maybe it’s true, but it seems to me that in any large group you’re going to find a lot of variation. You can bet that even at an OSU you’ll find plenty of people who don’t give a rip about football and are actually at the school to get an education.
I could be completely wrong in saying this, but I wonder how much of it is to that Purdue has a very high international student population. Idk what the percentage compared to other schools is, but that could play a role as well.

I could be completely wrong in saying this, but I wonder how much of it is to that Purdue has a very high international student population. Idk what the percentage compared to other schools is, but that could play a role as well.
"Ice" Berg and Lurch Edey are in that group.

Reactions: mk30
What are they?
2019 numbers show IU at 13.3% and purdoo at 20.1%, so that totally explains why they can't get enough traction in the state.

Reactions: mk30 and Radio Zero
2019 numbers show IU at 13.3% and purdoo at 20.1%, so that totally explains why they can't get enough traction in the state.

Thanks, hooky. You do quality work.

Reactions: ulrey
Hooky just proved your numbers incorrect. I can’t believe I ever trusted you.
It looks like as of fall of 2021, Purdue was 4th among public universities, 2nd in the Big ten. Number 1 could be iu for all I know. International students comprise of 18% of enrolled students. 11.2% in undergrad. 38.2% in graduate and professional students.

The undergrad # was a tick lower than I expected tbh. It was just a random though in my head on why potentially.

Reactions: Radio Zero
It looks like as of fall of 2021, Purdue was 4th among public universities, 2nd in the Big ten. Number 1 could be iu for all I know. International students comprise of 18% of enrolled students. 11.2% in undergrad. 38.2% in graduate and professional students.

The undergrad # was a tick lower than I expected tbh. It was just a random though in my head on why potentially.
WGAFF

What do you bring?
A gracious spirit, a light touch, a love for all things IU, and an imperishable, burning hatred for all those who stand athwart her.

Allow me to quote myself. I ranked out someone of no regard Tuesday evening, and it went a little something like this:

“I get back after three hours of glad-handing proles and pols at the National Night Out and *this*? I gave you *plenty* of time to gather your so-called thoughts and *this* is it?

I could sit here and shit bona fides all night with you as though that *proves* anything. But stick it up your eggshell mind: it doesn’t.

The fact is that you’re nothing but a rank opportunist and athletic-deviationist. You utterly lack all steadfast faith and will to uphold each IU sport so that they may achieve final victory, the source of the greatest glory and pride for IU fans and of the happiness of generations to come. *You* cannot accomplish this cause with credit. I, meanwhile, courageously propel the cause of *true* excellence in harsh circumstances, against all opponents, an imperishable achievement and sacred cause. And I will continue to use every element of strategic and tactical superiority in furtherance of this glory.”

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan
I dont follow PU at all, and could care less.... But I was so glad about how IU handled this from the jump. I knew this would becomes an arms race, and IU is at the top of the mountain right now.

Scott, Pam, and Coach Woodson deserve a ton of credit for not taking the typical IU approach, as it seems PU did.
you always say that IU is at the top of the mountain, but Miami paid Pack a ton, and the entire SEC has been playing this game for decades and they have abundant football money. I agree IU isn't running from from NIL, but to think we have the resources to recruit like UK Kansas Duke etc may be premature.

Reactions: mk30
you always say that IU is at the top of the mountain, but Miami paid Pack a ton, and the entire SEC has been playing this game for decades and they have abundant football money. I agree IU isn't running from from NIL, but to think we have the resources to recruit like UK Kansas Duke etc may be premature.
Malik is from Miami. We don't get him without NIL. He walked in, and will easily get six figures this year. All of our team will get over six figures this year. That is not happening everywhere. If we win HFG will get more donations and these amounts are going to double, triple, and so on. We are in very good shape compared to anyone in college bball.

Reactions: IU73 and B1G_Fan
There is a difference between an entire school being great for NIL, and a school with one recently rich alum willing to pay $10 million for recruits.

Malik is from Miami. We don't get him without NIL. He walked in, and will easily get six figures this year. All of our team will get over six figures this year. That is not happening everywhere. If we win HFG will get more donations and these amounts are going to double, triple, and so on. We are in very good shape compared to anyone in college bball.
Post the amounts each player gets. Then we’ll believe “all of of our team will get over six figures this year.” I’m not sure I believe that.

Perhaps they just don’t care as much about sports?

we get sucked into fandom in college. Coming out of IU I was a big college basketball fan, and didn’t care about college FB. Is that a surprise?
They certainly have done pretty well for themselves when it comes to in-state bragging rights. IU was pretty much a train wreck for 6 years but, having winning streaks like PU did in the rivalry was a pretty rare streak. No….I think we need to quit worrying about Purdue’s NIL response and lost recruits and focus on our own issues.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
They certainly have done pretty well for themselves when it comes to in-state bragging rights. IU was pretty much a train wreck for 6 years but, having winning streaks like PU did in the rivalry was a pretty rare streak. No….I think we need to quit worrying about Purdue’s NIL response and lost recruits and focus on our own issues.
We have been

will he pose for a picture with his next landing spot holding onto another giant hammer, a mock open wallet, or some other dumb prop?? Inquiring minds want to know (or maybe don’t)

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I dont follow PU at all, and could care less.... But I was so glad about how IU handled this from the jump. I knew this would becomes an arms race, and IU is at the top of the mountain right now.

Scott, Pam, and Coach Woodson deserve a ton of credit for not taking the typical IU approach, as it seems PU did.
Did you mean to say, "I couldn't care less"? "I could care less" means you do care some. Do you care, at all?

will he pose for a picture with his next landing spot holding onto another giant hammer, a mock open wallet, or some other dumb prop?? Inquiring minds want to know (or maybe don’t)
Everything I'm hearing leads me to believe that he'll be asked to do whatever gets his agent-dad paid. I think we shouldn't be involved with the kid. He's on his 3rd HS (rumored to be 4th soon), and has opened up recruiting again after committing. Doesn't sound like he's in it for the right reasons to me.

Reactions: brianiu and .Gerdis
I did. I actually took W131 in HS and got a D. It transferred over to IU and I started my college career on academic probation. lol
That’s amazing.

I love stories like that. Here’s mine …

My junior year of high school, there was open voting on the prom theme song. The winner was “Wild Thing” by Tone-Loc. When the authorities caught wind of what had happened, they forced a revote, restricted it to upperclassmen, and made us pick from a pre-approved list.

That’s amazing.

I love stories like that. Here’s mine …

My junior year of high school, there was open voting on the prom theme song. The winner was “Wild Thing” by Tone-Loc. When the authorities caught wind of what had happened, they forced a revote, restricted it to upperclassmen, and made us pick from a pre-approved list.
You end up with a 2 Live Crew ditty?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT