ADVERTISEMENT

Awful Coaching Utube OG Anunoby

Middawg

Sophomore
Feb 24, 2020
Guessing most have watched this guys hilarious video breaking down Purdue and Painter's awful defense against UConn.

Linked below is his very complimentary break down of OG's defense against Yannis and the Bucks, calling OG the best wing defender in the NBA.

It would be a helluva boost to the program if OG this summer could spend a week or two working with Malik and Mack on their defense and overall games.

Guessing most have watched this guys hilarious video breaking down Purdue and Painter's awful defense against UConn.

Linked below is his very complimentary break down of OG's defense against Yannis and the Bucks, calling OG the best wing defender in the NBA.

It would be a helluva boost to the program if OG this summer could spend a week or two working with Malik and Mack on their defense and overall games.
His defense and huge block on Jamal Murray in the Ncaa Tournament was huge.

I’ll never forget watching CTC keeping OG on the bench against UNC in the tourney when he was obviously our best defender and we were struggling to slow them down. Every time he got in, we started to catch up…. Then CTC had to be the smartest guy in the room and take him out. That probably turned me off to CTC as much if not more than the Syracuse game.

I’ll never forget watching CTC keeping OG on the bench against UNC in the tourney when he was obviously our best defender and we were struggling to slow them down. Every time he got in, we started to catch up…. Then CTC had to be the smartest guy in the room and take him out. That probably turned me off to CTC as much if not more than the Syracuse game.
I'll never forget IU getting down early to UK pleading witb the tv to put in RoJo & OG, cuz it was apparent Uk was too fast for Zeisloft and Hartman. He made the switch finally when the pregame paper called for it, not how the game dictated it and it worked..

I just watched the painter/uconn video. Without knowing all that much about high level defense, I'm wondering if PU's game plan or execution was just that bad on defense or if uconn was just too much for them.

I just watched the painter/uconn video. Without knowing all that much about high level defense, I'm wondering if PU's game plan or execution was just that bad on defense or if uconn was just too much for them.
Smith/Edey in ball screen coverage vs UConn guards.. is a mismatch no matter what the coach does.

“Wingspan is a valuable asset in the game of basketball when you get defensive about it.”
~Robert Wilkerson~
Indiana, ‘76

Smith/Edey in ball screen coverage vs UConn guards.. is a mismatch no matter what the coach does.
That’s kind of what I figured. They would have been exploited going over or under the screens.

Dude was hard on edey too but edey was gassed trying to carry the whole team plus he’s not particularly athletic and doesn’t play aggressive on D given he can’t afford fouls on that team

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT