ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance opportunity?

stripetology

Junior
Sep 2, 2008
With PUs aggressive pricing and vouchers proving an attendance strategy actually works, nearly 3 weeks u till IUs next home game and a hopeful likelihood that game will be played for bowl eligibility I have a question... Will we see some type of effort by athletic department to fill MS Nov 10 or just let the season blow by status quo? If I were a player going into a game with that on the line and I saw a large crowd, certainly would make a difference. 3 weeks with week to plan, 2 to execute. Now if IU loses Friday, won’t matter, but if they win, would be perfect timing to fill the place even at a loss. And no I don’t think gimmicky works here, has to be more than that. Pull out a win and bucket atmosphere takes care of itself. Ive been to games where the crowd is just wanting to explode. Potential is there but there needs to be some meaningful kindling at the right times. Or am I off base?

Last edited:
With PUs aggressive pricing and vouchers proving an attendance strategy actually works, nearly 3 weeks u till IUs next home game and a hopeful likelihood that game will be played for bowl eligibility I have a question... Will we see some type of effort by athletic department to fill MS Nov 10 or just let the season blow by status quo? If I were a player going into a game with that on the line and I saw a large crowd, certainly would make a difference. 3 weeks with week to plan, 2 to execute. Now if IU loses Friday, won’t matter, but if they win, would be perfect timing to fill the place even at a loss. And no I don’t think gimmicky works here, has to be more than that. Pull out a win and bucket atmosphere takes care of itself. Ive been to games where the crowd is just wanting to explode. Potential is there but there needs to be some meaningful kindling at the right times. Or am I off base?
If Fred and the marketing dept. don't start some kind of attendance campaign asap, Memorial stadium will still be full on Nov. 24. Problem is, it will be full of black and gold.

If I was running the show, all IU employees and their families and students and staff at the regional campuses would be getting free or deeply discounted tickets. If we aren't bowl-bound, or need to beat Purdue to make a bowl they PUkes are going to take over the place with the students gone for Thanksgiving.

Reactions: Hoosier71
If Fred and the marketing dept. don't start some kind of attendance campaign asap, Memorial stadium will still be full on Nov. 24. Problem is, it will be full of black and gold.

If I was running the show, all IU employees and their families and students and staff at the regional campuses would be getting free or deeply discounted tickets. If we aren't bowl-bound, or need to beat Purdue to make a bowl they PUkes are going to take over the place with the students gone for Thanksgiving.
People need to start e-mailing Glass and the athletic office and bombarding them with our unhappiness with the price of the tickets.

People need to start e-mailing Glass and the athletic office and bombarding them with our unhappiness with the price of the tickets.
It’s more than price of tickets though, imo. This is an opportunity. Only things that have stood out this year have been unfortunate marketing negatives at best. A who cares branding guide, last min announce of no names on jerseys (timing), greatly decreased tailgate experience and a passing acknowledgment that beer sales may be in future. Pending Minn win (would save effort if a loss), go all out to get stadium filled for 11/10. Can’t do every game but you can go all out for buzz on this one.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT