ADVERTISEMENT

Atlanta Pregame

hookyIU1990

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
I tried to set something up in Vegas for a meet-up but ended up getting sidetracked because....Vegas.

Not a lot down there according to @Kellerdog research. Biergarten or Stats sounds like the play, but would need to start early, but doubt if that's a problem. @kkott we can figure something out.

Reactions: DANC
I tried to set something up in Vegas for a meet-up but ended up getting sidetracked because....Vegas.

Not a lot down there according to @Kellerdog research. Biergarten or Stats sounds like the play, but would need to start early, but doubt if that's a problem. @kkott we can figure something out.
Come up with a great pie place and I will try to be there. I am baptist you know.

Yeah, I didn't see much that looked promising either. Thought I saw a sports bar in the Omni, but it was like $9/beers if I remember. I'd still love to find someplace to meet if it's close by. Let me know what you guys come up with. I'm going with a group of friends/couples so I don't have control over what we do necessarily.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I just looked and there’s plenty of spots with a ten minute walk. Nothing spectacular but not horrible.

as long as you're with other Baptist the beer is safe, get a Baptist alone, they will drink you out of house and home.
Sounds like the Amish sometimes. If they’re away from the community some will indulge in forbidden things. 😂

Plenty of places, especially if you don’t mind grabbing a 5-10 min Uber ride

Plenty of places, especially if you don’t mind grabbing a 5-10 min Uber ride
We were trying to keep it walking distance from the arena, but I'm not opposed to an Uber ride. Got any recommendations? I've never been down there.

We were trying to keep it walking distance from the arena, but I'm not opposed to an Uber ride. Got any recommendations? I've never been down there.
I like the Vortex Bar & Grill. They also have comedy shows there in the evenings. Might be a cool place to have some drinks and see a comedy show at night if you are staying. Probably 10 min Uber or so.

I also like the Nook over near Piedmont Park. It’s a bit more hipster tho and further away. Been a bit since I have been there.

Not sure what the vibe is like at these places at noon on a Saturday as I have only been to them in the evenings, almost always on the weekend.

You have SkyLounge that is close by. I have been told it is cool, but haven’t been myself. That should be walking distance. Looks a little fancy IIRC.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I'm going with a group of friends and wives to visit another friend that moved to ATL awhile ago, and it sounds like life is intruding and it's possible 1 or 2 of our group aren't going to make it and we might have 1 or 2 tickets available. I bought them outside of the IU group but we are going to be 8-9 folks supporting IU and would prefer the tix go to a Hoosier or friend of a Hoosier (preferably a busty friend, but that's negotiable). Anyway, if you're looking for a ticket or 2, check in with me. Just recouping our cost: $64/ea.

Am I correct that our tickets are also good for the first game as well?

Am I correct that our tickets are also good for the first game as well?
I am 99% sure that your ticket is for a double-header.

IU fans that want to meet before the game, may want to change to meet after the game so that ticket holders can watch 2 games.

I live in greater Atlanta, but I seldom "loosen up" in the State Farm Arena/Mercedes Benz Stadium area. My suggestioipn to those who want to meet before the game is to choose a bar in CNN center, even at inflated beer prices. Doing so will allow those present to depart for the double-header when they wish.

For those who want to meet, eat and drink after the game, there is an area called Castleberry Hill just south of State Farm arena. The drive is less than 5 minutes. Here is a Link describing where to eat, drink and play in Castleberry Hill.

For those of you that want to rub elbows with hard core partiers after the game, head to Midtown. Midtown is the area adjacent to and north of downtown Atlanta. The drive from State Farm Arena to Midtown is 10-15 minutes. You can also travel to Midtown via MARTA.

Reactions: jaygyure
Scratch Hudsons. There's an Alumni event there today. We're at Stats brewing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT