ADVERTISEMENT

Ash Wednesday

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
start of Easter today, I'm catholic, it always surprised me how some non-Catholics would also use the season to either abstain from something or try to better themselves in some way. do any of you do this?

I usually try to give up either 1) Swearing or 2) Staying up past midnight (unless there is a particular reason, ie. have to work really late, etc.). And then the no meat on Fridays thing.

Actually snuck up on me this year (bad work month). Thanks for the reminder.

Reactions: larsIU
start of Easter today, I'm catholic, it always surprised me how some non-Catholics would also use the season to either abstain from something or try to better themselves in some way. do any of you do this?
My Church is Congregationalist Baptist, Conservative (150 years old.)
I personally observe Lent, as a test to my faith and commitment.
Last year I gave up alcohol.
This year, alcohol again.

My Church is Congregationalist Baptist, Conservative (150 years old.)
I personally observe Lent, as a test to my faith and commitment.
Last year I gave up alcohol.
This year, alcohol again.
thought Baptist didn't drink anyway? wife made me go to a Baptist wedding one time I said why is at 1:30 these people must be some serious partiers. by 3 everyone under 75 was gone. or hanging out in the parking lot

At lunch today it occurs to me a lot of people probably only survive lent because of the inventions of deep frying and beer battering.
only time I don't like fish is lent Fridays. the fast-food fish sandwich has yet to be mastered. when McDonalds is at the top of the market in anything you know it's bad, the local long john silver's looks like it's about to collapse and the methheads working in there probably wouldn't notice.

only time I don't like fish is lent Fridays. the fast-food fish sandwich has yet to be mastered. when McDonalds is at the top of the market in anything you know it's bad, the local long john silver's looks like it's about to collapse and the methheads working in there probably wouldn't notice.
McDonald's fries are a gift from the gods. Don't you blasphemy McDonald's fries.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT