ADVERTISEMENT

Argument for a much smaller government

@BradStevens this the golf exchange. You couldn’t write a better comedy skit.
Both of their facial expressions in response to the other talking about his golf game are the most genuine, authentic responses I've seen from either in their entire political careers.

Each of them is genuinely floored at the bullshit pouring out of the other one's mouth, and they both clearly care more about this issue than any others. Fantastic. Best moment of the debate!

Am I wrong in desiring a President (or Vice President) whose golf game suffers while they are in office? And in modest defense of Biden, he did say his handicap was +6 way back when he was VP. That could have been up to 15 years ago. While it seems unlikely, it's stil plausible I suppose.

Let's solve the argument by having them play 18, from the tips, at Bethpage Black, walking, no caddies, and carrying their own clubs. Hell, we can even make it one of those prime time golf matches we see from time to time. If nothing else, we might have two brand new candidates to vet come Monday.

Am I wrong in desiring a President (or Vice President) whose golf game suffers while they are in office? And in modest defense of Biden, he did say his handicap was +6 way back when he was VP. That could have been up to 15 years ago. While it seems unlikely, it's stil plausible I suppose.

Let's solve the argument by having them play 18, from the tips, at Bethpage Black, walking, no caddies, and carrying their own clubs. Hell, we can even make it one of those prime time golf matches we see from time to time. If nothing else, we might have two brand new candidates to vet come Monday.
Yeah, Biden even said he "got it down to a 6 when he was VP."

Not something to brag about, Russ. Of course, they were both lying through their teeth about their games. Hopefully the next debate involves unsolicited responses from both about the largest fish they ever caught.

Trump wouldn’t make it to his second shot.
Biden may hit it 10 times (in theory) before he gets to Trump’s drive.

As a side note, unrelated to the topic, my nephew was married at Bethpage a couple years ago. A spectacular venue for a wedding (or golf). Amazing that it's a public course. Seniors and juniors who are NY residents can play the Black course for $30 weekday evenings. (But good luck snagging a tee time.) If you are from out of state, it's $160 on weekends - which is still a great price for a course like Bethpage Black.

As a side note, unrelated to the topic, my nephew was married at Bethpage a couple years ago. A spectacular venue for a wedding (or golf). Amazing that it's a public course. Seniors and juniors who are NY residents can play the Black course for $30 weekday evenings. (But good luck snagging a tee time.) If you are from out of state, it's $160 on weekends - which is still a great price for a course like Bethpage Black.

The clubhouse at Bethpage, where the wedding and reception took place, is really cool. I think it was built in the 1930s (maybe the 1920s?), and has the feel of a stately old country club. And the food spread was unreal. I was told it was typical of a Long Island wedding reception. The pre-reception cocktail hour included a raw bar, a pasta bar, special drinks chosen by the bride and groom, and pure class. As I stood next to the raw bar eating my second dozen of raw oysters, I asked the pastor standing next to me how many oysters would be considered gluttony. He assured me that God gave special dispensations for wedding receptions, as he finished off his second dozen of oysters.

Both of their facial expressions in response to the other talking about his golf game are the most genuine, authentic responses I've seen from either in their entire political careers.

Each of them is genuinely floored at the bullshit pouring out of the other one's mouth, and they both clearly care more about this issue than any others. Fantastic. Best moment of the debate!
I think Dr. Jill be carrying Joe and the bag.

Reactions: mcmurtry66 and 76-1

Walked Chambers on Tuesday...no way Bethpage is as hard as Chambers. Daughter's coach is a late-40's ex soccer pro, still in shape, and even he was gassed. 600 foot elevation change, and you scale that hill like 4 times.

Kapalua might be as hard...maybe.

Reactions: larsIU
Trump wouldn’t make it to his second shot.
Biden may hit it 10 times (in theory) before he gets to Trump’s drive.
Probably true (about Trump not making it to the next tee) but you know Biden would whiff and hit the deck on his first drive..., so I'm betting on a TKO for Trump... 😎

Reactions: Spartans9312

Pebble Beach and St. Andrew’s are both “public” courses as well. But yeah, good luck on a tee time.

Read a story I’m too lazy to find about dudes who’d camp out at Bethpage to try and get in on standby. Crazy.

John Feinstein did a book on it. Pretty good actually. Cool story.

The clubhouse at Bethpage, where the wedding and reception took place, is really cool. I think it was built in the 1930s (maybe the 1920s?), and has the feel of a stately old country club. And the food spread was unreal. I was told it was typical of a Long Island wedding reception. The pre-reception cocktail hour included a raw bar, a pasta bar, special drinks chosen by the bride and groom, and pure class. As I stood next to the raw bar eating my second dozen of raw oysters, I asked the pastor standing next to me how many oysters would be considered gluttony. He assured me that God gave special dispensations for wedding receptions, as he finished off his second dozen of oysters.
Pebble Beach and St. Andrew’s are both “public” courses as well. But yeah, good luck on a tee time.

Read a story I’m too lazy to find about dudes who’d camp out at Bethpage to try and get in on standby. Crazy.

A big group of us played pebble for my buddy’s dad’s 60th. Booked over a year in advance.

Noodle that sounds absolutely spectacular. I’d have been in an oyster coma

Reactions: larsIU and Noodle

Grown ass men that think more about their golf game and hair, are the biggest got damn losers on the planet.
A past buddy of mine, whom I had not seen is years, and I met up a while back. He was full blown dressed in golf attire talking about his long ball, and then asking (pointing out actually) how great his hair was at 50yrs old. I was like, ummmmm ok.. I guess.
Then as we pulled into a busy restaurant for lunch, parking lot totally full, he whips the car into a handicap spot right at the door. I said we can't park here, and he points to the handicap sign hanging from the rearview mirror.
I said that isn't for you, that is for your wife!!!!! (who was not with us) He said but we have it so there's nothing anyone can do about it.
I refused to let him do that and he move the car.
Golf queers and hair ******s, when they are grown ass men are the worst frat bro's ever.
The OP video was ridiculous on so many levels.

Golf queers and hair ******s
lol, DEI AI for the win. Can we please add an F to the LBGTQ+ so we can get Maggots with an F in the place if the M through the woke word screener please? LBGTQ+F for total equity !! why leave out the ******s? so damn rude.

The first hour of tee time on weekdays are first come first served at Bethpage black. You cannot make a time during that period. Guys do camp out in the parking lot to get one of those early times, A security guy goes around about 4;30 and taps on your window to wake you. NY residents $30. CORRECTION - Its $65 for locals - still a great bargain

Last edited:
Reactions: larsIU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT