ADVERTISEMENT

Archie's Assistants

4IUfourever

Junior
Oct 22, 2002
I'm looking forward to see who he hires as his assistants. Does he have any that will come from Dayton? I think these are just as important as his hiring was/is.

Prob have to wait and see who Dayton hires or retains. I'd imagine they would all want to come unless one of them is offered the HC gig. Which is very plausible.

Prob have to wait and see who Dayton hires or retains. I'd imagine they would all want to come unless one of them is offered the HC gig. Which is very plausible.
What happened to Steve?

What happened to Steve?
My honest opinion, IU put him in their pocket and weighed their options.
I think they were so scared of a fan base being split that it scared them so they balked leaving Steve hanging out to dry. They fired Crean for a split fan base so they had no interest in creating the same situation.
They should be ashamed of how they used Steve in the process. But it's a billion dollar dog eat dog industry.
They had to get Steve to publicly say he wasn't interested so the Alford faithful wouldn't rebel so they told him he was not the first option just as fpeaugh said knowing he would tell them to piss off. It's a nasty business.
Sadly I think they did the right thing because too many pricks on the internet would of spent every minute of his tenure trying to destroy him and they didn't need that. They didn't want one of you punks showing up at Asembly Hall with a rape victim sign trying to get on tv.
It's a sad day for Steve because they also made him look like an idiot. UCLA will run him off next year.
But at the end of the day they had no choice. And I am happy with Miller. I'm a huge Sean Miller fan, we are getting a younger version. God bless Steve but we move on without him.
I hope to god that Dakich reaches out to Alford so we can hear the facts on what changed and why. I'd hope by Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT