ADVERTISEMENT

Apology

IUArchie

Junior
Mar 17, 2002
I often posted hopeful, supportive thoughts about IU's basketball program -- I wasn't fond of the cheap shots and negativism here. I was wrong. I can't stand Crean's offense and I would add defense -- if he knew what that was. It's apparent that he doesn't get it. Thr players? Yes, they've succeeded on some level ... but the coach is absolutely key. I was at a high school game the other night. Sure, there were turnovers, missed shots -- but all these kuds played their butts off. And the offense? Much more sophisticated than Crean's -- picks, screening, backcuts. None of this dribbling til the click runs down. Thanks for putting up with my Pollyanish posts. Hope this doesn't become like the Hoosiers of the late '60s -- yes, somehow (Butch Joyner, Vern Payne, Bill DeHeer) we managed an NCAA berth in '67. But IU was terrible the next few years until some genius hired RMK -- who had been ticketed to wind up at Wisky. I want IU to succeed. It -- as many of you have pointed out -- won't come with Crean in charge. Give him the $4 million buyout in July and find the right guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News