ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone actually think we'll get Mullins?

Short answer: no. Too many misses the last several years to get my hopes up. That is IU basketball in a nutshell. I hope I’m wrong.
I tend to lean this way. We’ve become a ‘go into the portal and buy what you need’ program.

IU=NIL. Look at our roster

A lot…actually build and develop a roster.
Iowa st, pu, Creighton, Gonzaga,…are some pretty good programs that didn’t buy rosters
Gonzaga just put out an NIL announcement about a new exchange. Iowa St has a non profit collective like we do. They all see the writing the wall.

Reactions: edub72 and ribbont
Gonzaga just put out an NIL announcement about a new exchange. Iowa St has a non profit collective like we do. They all see the writing the wall.
They all have some sort of NIL collective but I’m talking about how they recruit and build a roster

Lol. Creighton had transfers Schierman, Ashworth, and Farabello.. ISU had Gilbert and Jones. Gonzaga had Ike and Nembhard. PU still picked up Jones.
I guess ISU with their lone F4 appearance in '44 and half dozen conf champioships (4 during the depression and WW2) should be what we aspire to be. They're doing it the right way!

Creighton LOL

I guess ISU with their lone F4 appearance in '44 and half dozen conf champioships (4 during the depression and WW2) should be what we aspire to be. They're doing it the right way!

Creighton LOL

Don't forget PU. They had to use the portal with Jones just to lose by 15 to UCONN with 3 transfers of Newton, Spencer, and Diarra.

Lol. Creighton had transfers Schierman, Ashworth, and Farabello.. ISU had Gilbert and Jones. Gonzaga had Ike and Nembhard. PU still picked up Jones.
Every team has some transfers, I’m talking about going out and signing checks. Let’s see if the free agency model works for Woody.

Every team has some transfers, I’m talking about going out and signing checks. Let’s see if the free agency model works for Woody.

I figured you'd move the goal post. So, for the upcoming season, ISU has 4 new transfers to go along with the 2 from last year. Creighton has 2 new transfers to go along with 2 from last year. Gonzaga has 4 new transfers to go with their returning 2. And PU has zero, obviously, as nobody wants to play there.

IU is no different. You just don't like it and want to blame Woody for doing what everyone else is doing. He needs to win with this team, for sure. But he's not the only one playing the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT