ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody bothering to look at UCLA's recruiting class

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
two 5-star recruits
three 4-star recruits
one 3-star recruit

I moved to LA and lived 1 mile from the UCLA campus and was there for 20 years. It is simply fantastic. The Randy Newman video from the 80s "I Love LA" is not an exaggeration.

Per interview with ESPN Alford is not even going to interview with IU. He is a Bruin.

He has what, 5 5 star players and a couple of high 4 stars?

One lottery player and one mid rounder.

This year's team was the most talented he's ever had...and it would be hard pressed to get that much talent to Indiana with his name as the closer IMHO.

Third place finish, conference tourney quarterfinals and a sweet 16.

A really good year but not a great year, especially with that roster.

This year's team was the most talented he's ever had...and it would be hard pressed to get that much talent to Indiana with his name as the closer IMHO.

ummm, We don't have five 5* players. anyway, what this team lacked was athleticism - it was a finesse team. that's why it had a ceiling because in the dance when everyone steps up his game, you need athletes to step up. this team was 15-17 last year without ball, leaf, and ike

ummm, We don't have five 5* players. anyway, what this team lacked was athleticism - it was a finesse team. that's why it had a ceiling because in the dance when everyone steps up his game, you need athletes to step up. this team was 15-17 last year without ball, leaf, and ike

Talking Alford & Hoops around these parts?? You may as well be talking to a pile of bricks. This was a real good team, but I expect next years team to be better by the end of the season, if Holiday and Anigbogu both return.

two 5-star recruits
three 4-star recruits
one 3-star recruit

I moved to LA and lived 1 mile from the UCLA campus and was there for 20 years. It is simply fantastic. The Randy Newman video from the 80s "I Love LA" is not an exaggeration.

i'm guessing life in Bel Air is pretty sweet?

Talking Alford & Hoops around these parts?? You may as well be talking to a pile of bricks. This was a real good team, but I expect next years team to be better by the end of the season, if Holiday and Anigbogu both return.

I stand corrected, four five star players instead of five and three high four stars.

Five stars...Hamilton, Ball, Leaf and Ike
Four stars...Holiday, Welsh, Prince Ali

I thought Welsh was a five star.

They will lose Leaf also. They're not going to be more talented next year.

Ball was a transcendent college player on top of everything. He was a ten star player.

I stand corrected, four five star players instead of five and three high four stars.

Five stars...Hamilton, Ball, Leaf and Ike
Four stars...Holiday, Welsh, Prince Ali

I thought Welsh was a five star.

They will lose Leaf also. They're not going to be more talented next year.

Ball was a transcendent college player on top of everything. He was a ten star player.

Prince Ali was injured, eventually redshirted and never played a game along with the unheradled Olesinski. Athleticism on the wing and a thin roster have been a problem, but not so going forward.

If this is next years roster, it looks real good to me.

C- Welsh, Anigbogu
PF- Goloman, Riley
SF- Wilkes, Smith, Olesinski
SG- Ali, Liangelo Ball
PG- Hands, Holiday

They will play differently than this years team because Alford adjusts style to personnel. Next years team should be a very good defensive team once they get connected. Who knows though, I'm gonna miss hoops season! A lot to look forward to next year for both of my favorite teams.

And they still want play defense worth a DAMN! Give me Tony Bennett!

two 5-star recruits
three 4-star recruits
one 3-star recruit

Big deal. This current UCLA team couldn't win a damn thing and didn't get past the Sweet 16. Alford has had loads of talent and nothing to show for it. His days are numbered if he continues to coach a bunch of superstars to no more than two wins in the tourney and no Pac 10 championships.

Per interview with ESPN Alford is not even going to interview with IU. He is a Bruin.
He's not going to be interviewed because he's not going to be asked to. You have to be invited to play.

Imagine an IU coach with as much talent as he had this season and nothing to show for it. No conference title, no conference tourney title and only two wins in the NCAA tourney. IU fans would rather have Crean.

Well, after UCLA beats KY by 20 points and then the next time they play a freshman on the opposing team drops in 39 points to defeat you, I bet Steve couldn't help but think of an old RMK quote, "Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you!"

two 5-star recruits
three 4-star recruits
one 3-star recruit

Have family in Redondo beach and San Diego. Been there many times. I can always visit. I'm suspect I could handle living there and would prefer San Diego. I am not leaving Austin.

The only bad thing about Austin is those people from California who keep moving here looking for a better place to live. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT