ADVERTISEMENT

Any experience with Audis?

All of my experience have been with in'ies. If you want a test ride, I could arrange one for you and I could give some pointers.

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU
Excellent. Especially with Michelin Crossclimates.

Neither A5 or A6 have much ground clearance. So deep stuff could be an issue.
I’ve heard great feedback on the Crossclimates. I’m a fan of the Michelin Defender 2 A/S. Great durability too.

Lots. We are on our our 7th. Love the feel and drive. Never a problem with any of them. But our 1990 one had an electrical problem with the seat.

We bought an A5 Cabrio for our 22,000 mile road trip of US and Canada. Compared it to the E class Cabrio and the Audi easily won us over. Again, ride and feel. The Benz felt mushy. The A5 performed great. The only problem was I hit a road defect and put a tiny crack in a wheel. The price you pay for low profile tires. Replaced all 4 wheels and tires with an inch smaller diameter wheel which were identical to original design. Car rode better with deeper tires.

Current model A6 with 6cyl is absolutely best car I ever owned. Sadly had to downsize to a baby Audi. Still a nice car.
First car I bought out of school was an Audi. Dolphin grey manual. 1st week I had it a massive tire was bouncing down 95 and smashed the front end

My last two cars have been Subaru Outbacks. My 2012 one got me well over 250,000 miles and the mechanic I took it to said he could help me get another 100,000 or so miles out of it. Not really wanting to deal with that, I have a 2021 now that has 77,000 miles on it. Knock on wood, it's still driving well with no issues.

It's a good, dependable car, made in Indiana no less.
This video encapsulates Subarus better than I could ever imagine.

Damn, I love it! I have a major lead foot!
Driving it to Indianapolis tomorrow for the annual Indy 500 reunion with a bunch of college buddies and their families and friends. We have 20 tickets to the race together in turn 1. Some of us start the weekend festivities by playing golf on Saturday. Tee time is 1115 and I’m looking forward to it.

Driving it to Indianapolis tomorrow for the annual Indy 500 reunion with a bunch of college buddies and their families and friends. We have 20 tickets to the race together in turn 1. Some of us start the weekend festivities by playing golf on Saturday. Tee time is 1115 and I’m looking forward to it.
Doug Boles has done an incredible job since taking over operations at IMS. Seriously, revived it and it's truly becoming a desitnation event for the younger generation. Hopefully they keep the momentum for years to come.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Look forward to seeing the RS5 as the pace car.

First car I bought out of school was an Audi. Dolphin grey manual. 1st week I had it a massive tire was bouncing down 95 and smashed the front end
Hit a deer with our A5 a few months after we bought it. We were in Flagstaff. Trucked it home on a UHaul. $17k.

• Wow
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Doug Boles has done an incredible job since taking over operations at IMS. Seriously, revived it and it's truly becoming a desitnation event for the younger generation. Hopefully they keep the momentum for years to come.
The track has never looked better.

I had the 435i and loved it. All wheel drive and handles snow better than any car I’ve ever had. Daughter has it now.
I can definitively say that BMWs drive the best of you want performance and handling. Mercedes drive the smoothest and have the best interiors.

I’ve only driven an A4 and Q5 from Audi and didn’t like either of them comparatively but I’m sure the RS5 would win me over.

My last two cars have been Subaru Outbacks. My 2012 one got me well over 250,000 miles and the mechanic I took it to said he could help me get another 100,000 or so miles out of it. Not really wanting to deal with that, I have a 2021 now that has 77,000 miles on it. Knock on wood, it's still driving well with no issues.

Is it true that all Subarus come with a COEXIST bumper sticker?

I can definitively say that BMWs drive the best of you want performance and handling. Mercedes drive the smoothest and have the best interiors.

I’ve only driven an A4 and Q5 from Audi and didn’t like either of them comparatively but I’m sure the RS5 would win me over.
It’s nice to drive and so was the BMW. I’d like to take the RS5 to a track and get it up to some real speed.

Mercedes is out of my budget but looking at BMW

I hear that. One of buddies has an M4 convertible with the competition package and I have no idea why. For one track run a year?
I so desperately want to find an S2000 so can have something to really beat on. 8600 red line and it's a Honda. Fun to drive and you can wring it out without kiling yourself.

Agree on the M4. Even an M2 makes almost no sense. you'll never get out of third gear on normal roads unless you're doing 140 on a highway.

Reactions: BadWakeboarder
  • Sad

We have an Outback and Forester (both 2018). We like the Forester better, mainly because my wife (bad back) is a lot more comfortable in it. I just want something that will get me from point A to point B reliably. Not interested in impressing anyone. :)

Thanks for warning me.... I'll stay off the road. 🤣

Where you playing?

Where you playing?
I actually don’t know. The buddy who got the tee times told me, but I don’t remember it. It’s not a course we’ve played previous Indy 500 weekends. I’ll be there and hack it around and probably score between 80 and 100. The game is secondary. 😎

Just saw an interview with Jeremy clarkson saying he will never own an electric car. Hates them. All that is appealing in a car is lost with EVs

New Rivian SUVs would smoke anything gas based. But it’s weird getting used to the driving without coasting.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I so desperately want to find an S2000 so can have something to really beat on. 8600 red line and it's a Honda. Fun to drive and you can wring it out without kiling yourself.
You probably know, but to nerd out here, the S2K tachometer is inspired by the McLaren MP4 tachs. Pretty cool.

Last edited:
I came home from vacation and suddenly my 2015 car with almost 100,000 on it was lit up like a Christmas tree. Not worth putting a ton of money in it. I like midsize and need a convertible. 😎 Input? Also thoughts on working with Carvana? I’m lazy and hate with a passion negotiating. My dad worked at GM and always got the discount so don’t have experience with much else.
All European cars are pretty much garbage these days. Nice interiors. Good bells and whistles. But the motors shit out at about 100k. Go with Toyota or Honda if longevity is what your after. You can get higher end trims on them and get the same perks as the euro trash cars too.

All European cars are pretty much garbage these days. Nice interiors. Good bells and whistles. But the motors shit out at about 100k. Go with Toyota or Honda if longevity is what your after. You can get higher end trims on them and get the same perks as the euro trash cars too.
As long as you keep the German cars well-maintained they last a couple 100 thousanfd miles. Regularly changing the blinker fluid is important.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Ok COH I did it. Audi 5S. It’s older than I wanted, 2018, but only 17,000 miles on it. A really pretty kind of navy/royal blue, black convertible top. I’m coming back for you if it’s a lemon. ( kidding, have lots of friends testifying). My negotiating sucks. They gave me less for my car and didn’t come down at all for price. But I wanted it.

Ok COH I did it. Audi 5S. It’s older than I wanted, 2018, but only 17,000 miles on it. A really pretty kind of navy/royal blue, black convertible top. I’m coming back for you if it’s a lemon. ( kidding, have lots of friends testifying). My negotiating sucks. They gave me less for my car and didn’t come down at all for price. But I wanted it.
Congrats Zeke

Reactions: zeke4ahs
That’s awesome!!!!!

Reactions: zeke4ahs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT