ADVERTISEMENT

Any big visitors this weekend?

Jan 18, 2021
I know there is probably some information scattered across various threads, but I’m interested to see if the staff is taking advantage of the excitement and bringing in some players. What a time to have Juju visit in the wake of the USC implosion!

Anyone have any names that will be hosted?

What could we use in its place? Leaning? Maybe? Possibly? Likely? Any suggestions?
Rev share starts next year. I’d like players to sign their employment agreements with the school they pick whenever they want. Those are binding. Instead of these commits, leans, whatever, they can announce they signed and that’s that.

I don’t know what will actually happen. National Letters of Intent are going away and something is going to replace them.

Rev share starts next year. I’d like players to sign their employment agreements with the school they pick whenever they want. Those are binding. Instead of these commits, leans, whatever, they can announce they signed and that’s that.

I don’t know what will actually happen. National Letters of Intent are going away and something is going to replace them.
I don't know. If you sign these guys to a contact and they don't pan out, you still have to pay them right? We might be better off sticking to what we have now.

I don't know. If you sign these guys to a contact and they don't pan out, you still have to pay them right? We might be better off sticking to what we have now.
Schools can sign them to one or two years or more. There could be buyouts if the player voluntarily leaves or if the player is cut. If they get in trouble off the field that could have monetary repercussions. IMO these guys are pros now, so formalize it with real contracts.

Just my opinion on what could happen to cut down on commits/decommits, mid season departures to redshirt and xfer, and end of year xfers. TBD what happens in real life next year.

Schools can sign them to one or two years or more. There could be buyouts if the player voluntarily leaves or if the player is cut. If they get in trouble off the field that could have monetary repercussions. IMO these guys are pros now, so formalize it with real contracts.

Just my opinion on what could happen to cut down on commits/decommits, mid season departures to redshirt and xfer, and end of year xfers. TBD what happens in real life next year.
One year contracts. That might work.

Reactions: vesuvius13

I agree...and as soon as they turn 18 they are eligible to sign a contract, just like any other person.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Never say never in recruiting, but I think it's Juju or bust as far as high school qbs go.
Yeah, and while I won’t begin to surmise what is going on in the head of a 17-year-old, I can’t help but feel bullish on him. With all the smoke that was popping up before the season, I have to imagine the results make us even more appealing for him. Let’s get it done on Saturday and keep the offense rolling. I think if we can do that, it will go along way to seal this deal.

Last edited:
I would think most of the recruits (whoever they are) would have games Friday night ?

Sure, but most of the kids are coming from places like Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee, places that are easily drivable.

I looked at some kids that are coming from where I think they'd have to fly to get here and to a T, they have a bye week this week, so they can easily get here.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
Unless it's for an official visit, which he's already taken, kids have to get here on their own dime, which I don't think people are taking into consideration.
You, sir, are a wealth of information! Speaking of taking it into consideration. The fact that he is even making that effort with your point in mind speaks volumes about where we stand..

You, sir, are a wealth of information! Speaking of taking it into consideration. The fact that he is even making that effort with your point in mind speaks volumes about where we stand..

I, like everyone else here, really hopes he makes it to campus. It would be a pretty good sign for us flipping him.

With that said, we've got a lot of really good prospects coming to town. We're trying to flip Burris from Louisville and Benny Patterson, a Cincy commit, who is a Indiana kid. They're still trying with Baldwin.

We're also bringing in some really good 2026 kids. One of the good things about basically wrapping up our 25 class so early is we were able to really focus on 26 kids.

Tomorrow is a big day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT