ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Leal

He is a Catholic, and Catholics can be shitty people (Leal by all accounts I think is a great kid). Thank God he forgives us all. Doesn't matter how shitty you are, get to church and you can start being a better person.

Not to go off on a religious rant, but for the vast majority of people going to church makes them feel a little bit better and makes them be a bit better person. They could go from being an asshole to being a dick, but at least they are moving in the right direction. Personally, I need a lot more moving. God willing, I will be there Sunday.

People can be shitty people. Any beliefs in any particular invisible people/persons notwithstanding.

John 1: 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”) 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God andb]">[b] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

God the Father is invisible. No one has seen Him. But we have seen Jesus who has made Him known. Jesus proves as the sinless Son of God that the Father exists, has a Will, and Jesus shows the Father's Heart.

Not interested in a sermon. Especially from a charlatan.

In the marked absence of any evidence for any god, let alone a version of a Christian god, having to spend one’s life worrying about original sin and all that baggage and fearing death because, if there’s a god, odds are you picked the wrong one to believe in, I’d say atheism is the right choice.
A true god would’ve found a way to divinely intervene in at least one of your English classes.

In the marked absence of any evidence for any god, let alone a version of a Christian god, having to spend one’s life worrying about original sin and all that baggage and fearing death because, if there’s a god, odds are you picked the wrong one to believe in, I’d say atheism is the right choice.
The leaves on the tree in my front yard mysteriously move and flutter. Someone tells me it is the wind. I see no evidence of this WIND they speak of. Therefore I conclude there is NO such thing as wind.

A long time ago, a wise man said:

"One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing"

or something like that.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
John 1: 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”) 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God andb]">[b] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

God the Father is invisible. No one has seen Him. But we have seen Jesus who has made Him known. Jesus proves as the sinless Son of God that the Father exists, has a Will, and Jesus shows the Father's Heart.

The leaves on the tree in my front yard mysteriously move and flutter. Someone tells me it is the wind. I see no evidence of this WIND they speak of. Therefore I conclude there is NO such thing as wind.

I like the analogy but us humans have always needed really bad Hollywood writers to make us feel self important as a species.

It's the same story, there's a hierarchy to everything and there's always a boss above us guiding us on our path that we have to answer to...so it's not really our fault.

If that makes people feel better about themselves than that's cool...but this self importance as a species relative to the total cosmos is a tad presumptuous.

Reminds me of a psychology lecture I had where we went over the different interpretations of dreams. Can't remember the dudes (it was early 90's) but Freud said dreams unlocked your most repressed memories, typically from childhood and let your id out. Others said the colors you dreamed represented some deep meaning. While others said dreams gave us divine clairvoyance.

It was all so profound. We are such a special species!

I asked the question about my family cat, because she definitely dreamed, and was that because she had some childhood repressed trama from when we took her away from her litter or is she maybe seeing the future??

I was told basically to stop being an asshole.

Anyway I have an issue with a kingdom of heaven that is an exclusive club only for humans because we are the only ones who matter....and only for select humans that follow the right boss. It's presumptuous.

Well if some people claimed WIND existed without evidence and wanted 10% of my income and to influence how I vote or live my life I'd be inclined to not believe in it too. But in fact they don't and there's so much Repeatable evidence for the movement of air that I'd be a fool not to believe in it. Unlike your god.

Last edited:
Reactions: skippy1813
I can't think of a more toxic, divisive off-topic thread on a basketball board than the religious/anti-religious thing.

People, relent and go back to talking about the subject of this topic: the basketball of Anthony Leal.

I think he stays in town.

And from what he said, Stanford is recruiting him hard
He's currently the Valedictorian of his class. That's exactly the type athlete that Stanford has to get, so it makes sense that they're going over and above with their recruiting. We were late on the kid with a wait and see attitude. Now he's shooting up the rankings and we're at risk of losing a kid who can probably hear the PA from Memorial Stadium while raking leaves in his yard.

Ah yes, praying to the same god that didn’t stop the holocaust to see if he can find your car keys :)
I interpret their “praise god” as more about thanking for their natural ability than a prayer for a win. I am not great at religion, but I think those folks are less likely to be a social problem; rob a gas station, etc. I have no problem keeping politics and religion off of a basketball forum, But this started I thought with a simple question as to whether highschoolers are more religious now than they used to be

Reactions: Sassy61

This is a basketball board. Quit with the religious solicitation and spam.

You have other senses than vision. Use them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
A long time ago, a wise man said:

"One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing"

or something like that.

i think i know who that wise man was.

th

I hesitate to ask as I don't want some sort of string of crazy....however,

Has there been some sort of revival in the high school athletics population? All the time I read players thanking God in their tweets and such.
You ruined this thread. It used to be about Leal. Now it is a roll call of people of faith and those bothered by faith.

Has there been some sort of revival in the high school athletics population? All the time I read players thanking God in their tweets and such.

I agree with iubud, your post ruined this thread.

Either you are a troll and knew what responses your question would illicit or you are ignorant enough to think that the thread would not disintegrate to a religious war.

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
A class of Galloway, Cross, and Leal would be a really good class, especially for a down year in the state.

I sure hope so, if it's one thing we need long term more than shooters, it's Faith.

Reactions: Sassy61
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT