ADVERTISEMENT

Another way of looking at season records...

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
I'm personally going with a weighted system of how I look at Wins 🏆 and even the extremely unlikely possibility 😉 of a Loss this Fall...

My points scale criteria ranges from an extraordinary, nationally recognized, upset Win (= a score of +5.50 [+7.50 for a National Championship W]..., to a Loss expected by everyone else in the known universe, outside of me and Tom Allen (= a -0.50)

vs Illinois: a Win would receive a score of 4.00 due to its importance towards mentally reenergizing both our Team and the fanbase, while a Loss would receive a -3.5 due to deflating nature of it...

vs Idaho: a Win would get a 1.0, whereas a Loss would be a -4.50 (see above)

vs WKy: a Win gets a 1.0 and a Loss a -4.50

vs Cincinnati: at their place, at night.., 4.00 (inflated due to early national poll implications and puts last seasons bitter loss to them in the rear view mirror)
for the Win..., -1.5 for a Loss

vs Nebraska: at Nebraska..., a night game at their place..., a 4.00 (inflated due to their name recognition, that it's a nationally televised night game, And it would be a key early Big Ten W), for the Win and a -1.0 for a Loss...

vs Michigan: (Our Homecoming game) a 4.5 for a Win and a -1.5 (its Homecoming) for a Loss

vs Maryland: a 1.5 for a Win and a -1.5 for a Loss *(it's at a pivotal point in the season)*

vs Rutgers: a 1.5 for a Win and a -1.5 for a Loss
(Key midseason away game)

vs Ped $tate: a 4.0 for the Win (their name recognition plus it's a key Big Ten Win in the East) and a -1.0 for a Loss

vs "the" O-H-I-O $tate: at the "Shoe", a 5.50 for the Win (National level Upset, where we not only have beaten a great team at Their place but also the gambling influences, And the Big Ten front office influences...; a Loss = a -0.50 (as in: no one outside of me and Tom Allen believed we ever had a chance anyway)

vs Michigan State: at their place, a 3.5 for the Win (a tough place to get a W and it's a Trophy game) and a -1.5 for a Loss (it's a Trophy game)

vs p u : (*It's for the "Bucket" *), a 4.5 for the Win and a -4.5 for a Loss

Big Ten Championship Game: a 5.0 for the Win, a -0.50 for a Loss (no one on this planet outside of Tom Allen, Vesuvius, and myself gave us any chance of reaching the game, much less winning it)

*Bowl Game: 3.50 for the Win (need a Bowl W) and a -1.5 for a Loss (everyone remembers the last game for better or worse) //Add 2 points to the Win [for a 5.50] if that Bowl game**is a championship preliminary game..., and an L is still -1.5...

National Championship Game: 7.50 for the Win, -0.50 for a Loss

//** and..., by popular demand..., add +1.00 to any New Years Eve+ Bowl Win...(other than a championship prelim game)...😉//

+57.0 = what they used to call on the Rifle Range "a Possible" (Best score possible)🥇🏆🍺💥

-27.0 = The worst possible outcome, and we're all following Big Red Crimson Buffalo off the proverbial cliff in a Lemming-like stampede that would rival any disaster ever seen before involving a Bison Herd (virtual or otherwise)... The ensuing en-mass mental breakdowns on here would reach epic proportions never before seen on the interwebby thingy... 🙉🙈😖

🏈 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 🏈

Last edited:
I'm personally going with a weighted system of how I look at Wins 🏆 and even the extremely unlikely possibility 😉 of a Loss this Fall...

My points scale criteria ranges from an extraordinary, nationally recognized, upset Win (= a score of +5.50) to a Loss expected by everyone else in the known universe, outside of me and Tom Allen (= a -0.25)

vs Illinois: a Win would receive a score of 2.5 due to its importance towards mentally reenergizing both our Team and the fanbase, while a Loss would receive a - 2.5 due to deflating nature of it...

vs Idaho: a Win would get a 1.0, whereas a Loss would be a -2.5 (see above)

vs WKy: same as above

vs Cincinnati: at their place, at night.., 3.5 for the Win -1.5 for a Loss

vs Nebraska: at Nebraska..., a night game at their place..., a 3.75 (inflated due to their name recognition and it's nationally televised night game, And it would be a key early Big Ten W), for a Win and a -1.0 for a Loss...

vs Michigan: (Our Homecoming game) a 4.0 for a Win and a -1.5 (its Homecoming) for a Loss

vs Maryland: a 1.5 for a Win and a -1.5 for a Loss *(it's at a pivotal point in the season)*

vs Rutgers: a 1.0 for a Win and a -1.0 for a Loss

vs Ped $tate: a 3.5 for the Win (their name recognition plus it's a key Big Ten Win in the East) and a -1.0 for a Loss

vs "the" O-H-I-O $tate: at the "Shoe", a 5.50 for the Win (National level Upset, where we not only have beaten a great team at Their place but also the gambling influences, And the Big Ten front office influences...; a Loss = a -0.25 (as in: no one outside of me and Tom Allen believed we ever had a chance anyway)

vs Michigan State: at their place, a 2.75 for the Win (a tough place to get a W and it's a Trophy game) and a -1.25 for a Loss (it's a Trophy game)

vs p u : *It's for the "Bucket" *, a 4.0 for the Win and a -4.0 for a Loss

Big Ten Championship Game: a 4.0 for the Win, a -0.25 for a Loss (no one on this planet outside of Tom Allen, Vesuvius, and myself gave us any chance of reaching the game, much less winning it)

*Bowl Game: 3.00 for the Win (need a Bowl W) and a -1.25 for a Loss (everyone remembers the last game for better or worse) //Add 2 points to the Win [for a 5] if that Bowl game is a championship preliminary game an L is still -0.25

National Championship Game: 7.00 for the Win, -0.25 for a Loss

🏈 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺
Good breakdown on the season this year.

I count 45 possible points. Or the equivalent of shooting 59 at Augusta. What is a more realistic Barkley-esque score??

And a par score for this handicap system is what?
(Not that I’m disinclined or more cynical than usual this evening).

How about extra credit for any Dec 31/January bowl win?
Any reasonable observations are appreciated... 😎

Added your suggestion via Edit...😉🏈

I'll leave it to the more mathematically astute to come up with our correct par #'s... I barely was able to come up with something that ended in whole numbers...🙈

I count 45 possible points. Or the equivalent of shooting 59 at Augusta. What is a more realistic Barkley-esque score??
That's for the field to decide (minus the usual "we're certain to lose every game" jokers whose sole purpose in life seems to be attempting to keep everyone else as consistently pessimistic and miserable as they are year in and year out...)😉

🏈🍺🏈🍺

That's for the field to decide (minus the usual "we're certain to lose every game" jokers whose sole purpose in life seems to be attempting to keep everyone else as consistently pessimistic and miserable as they are year in and year out...)😉

🏈🍺🏈🍺
Haha. I’m 51 years old. Graduated from ole IU in 1993. Still hard to fathom was living in the glory days of IUFB

Reactions: 76-1
I've changed the score on you *(and you might want to check my math, I almost wasn't joking about the apex of my mathematical career having been reached in 3rd grade 😉)
I still can’t get to 57…. But in fairness I didn’t use a calculator..

Reactions: vesuvius13
I still can’t get to 57…. But in fairness I didn’t use a calculator..
Using my latest updated Win numbers we have a "Possible" of 39 ((for the Regular Season only)) plus 5.0 for a BIg Ten Championship W, plus 5.50 for a National Championship Preliminary Bowl Win, plus a 7.50 for a National Championship Bowl Game Win

Corrected Results: 57. 0 = "Possible" ((Perfect Season))🥇🍺🏆💥

An "end the of the football world as we know it" number would be -27.0 which equals a "not enough beer on the planet type season." 🙈🙉

Since I've finally reached totals that are whole numbers I won't edit the numbers again...

//I still could be wrong in my totals so feel free to correct me...//

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockport Zebra
Using my latest updated Win numbers we have a "Possible" of 39 ((for the Regular Season only)) plus 5.0 for a BIg Ten Championship W, plus 5.50 for a National Championship Preliminary Bowl Win, plus a 7.50 for a National Championship Bowl Game Win

Corrected Results: 57. 0 = "Possible" ((Perfect Season))🥇🍺🏆💥

An "end the of the football world as we know it" number would be 23.0 which equals a "not enough beer on the planet type season." 🙈🙉

Since I've finally reached totals that are whole numbers I won't edit the numbers again...

//I still could be wrong in my totals so feel free to correct me...//
I forgot about the playoff game. I had us shooting straight to the championship game 😂

Don't do that to me.!!!.🙉🤣 I'm close to having math anxiety complex anyway... 🙉🙉🙉😎😂😂
MSU is a 4.5 W there IMO. The bucket game is a game we should win so drop the W to 3.5, leave the upset L at 4.5 however.

My points scale criteria ranges from an extraordinary, nationally recognized, upset Win (= a score of +5.50 [+7.50 for a National Championship W]..., to a Loss expected by everyone else in the known universe, outside of me and Tom Allen (= a -0.50)

vs Illinois: a Win would receive a score of 4.00 due to its importance towards mentally reenergizing both our Team and the fanbase, while a Loss would receive a -3.5 due to deflating nature of it...

vs Idaho: a Win would get a 1.0, whereas a Loss would be a -2.5 (see above)

vs WKy: a Win gets a 1.0 and a Loss a -2.5

vs Cincinnati: at their place, at night.., 4.00 (inflated due to early national poll implications and puts last seasons bitter loss to them in the rear view mirror)

vs Nebraska: at Nebraska..., a night game at their place..., a 4.00 (inflated due to their name recognition, that it's a nationally televised night game, And it would be a key early Big Ten W), for the Win and a -1.0 for a Loss...

vs Michigan: (Our Homecoming game) a 4.5 for a Win and a -1.5 (its Homecoming) for a Loss

vs Ped $tate: a 4.0 for the Win (their name recognition plus it's a key Big Ten Win in the East) and a -1.0 for a Loss

vs "the" O-H-I-O $tate: at the "Shoe", a 5.50 for the Win (National level Upset, where we not only have beaten a great team at Their place but also the gambling influences, And the Big Ten front office influences...; a Loss = a -0.50 (as in: no one outside of me and Tom Allen believed we ever had a chance anyway)

vs Michigan State: at their place, a 3.5 for the Win (a tough place to get a W and it's a Trophy game) and a -1.5 for a Loss (it's a Trophy game)

Big Ten Championship Game: a 5.0 for the Win, a -0.50 for a Loss (no one on this planet outside of Tom Allen, Vesuvius, and myself gave us any chance of reaching the game, much less winning it)

*Bowl Game: 3.50 for the Win (need a Bowl W) and a -1.5 for a Loss (everyone remembers the last game for better or worse) //Add 2 points to the Win [for a 5.50] if that Bowl game**is a championship preliminary game..., and an L is still -1.5...

//** and..., by popular demand..., add +1.00 to any New Years Eve+ Bowl Win...(other than a championship prelim game)...😉//

+57 = what they used to call on the Rifle Range "a Possible" (Best score possible)🥇🏆🍺💥

-23 = The worst outcome ever, and we're all following Big Red Crimson Buffalo off the cliff in a Lemming-like stampede that would rival any disaster ever seen before involving a Bison Herd (virtual or otherwise)... The ensuing en-mass mental breakdowns on here would reach epic proportions never before seen on the interwebby thingy... 🙉🙈😖

🏈 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 🏈
A loss to Idaho or Western would be much more damaging than a loss to Illinois.

A loss to Idaho or Western would be much more damaging than a loss to Illinois.
My thought is that IL would be a Big Ten L where as non-conference is basically close meaningless in terms of getting to the Big Ten Championship Game...

Mentally however, in terms of the fan base and this board, you're quite correct... Those who are waiting for an excuse to meltdown and drag everyone around them into the abyss of pessimism and negativity would leverage an L to either of those teams to the max...

Since your argument is sound I went up and edited the L factor for both games, which now gives us a final "worst possible" scenario of -27.00 rather than -23.00...

Last edited:

vs Idaho: a Win would get a 1.0, whereas a Loss would be a -4.50 (see above)

vs WKy: a Win gets a 1.0 and a Loss a -4.50

+57.0 = what they used to call on the Rifle Range "a Possible" (Best score possible)🥇🏆🍺💥

-27.0 = The worst possible outcome, and we're all following Big Red Crimson Buffalo off the proverbial cliff in a Lemming-like stampede that would rival any disaster ever seen before involving a Bison Herd (virtual or otherwise)... The ensuing en-mass mental breakdowns on here would reach epic proportions never before seen on the interwebby thingy... 🙉🙈😖

🏈 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺 🏈
If my math is correct, I have +4.5.

6-6

Biggest wins are at Cincy, and then a huge Bucket win to end the season.

3-0 in non conference, 3-6 in conference, with wins over Mary, Rutg, and PU.

Last year has left such a sour taste in my mouth for LEO, that I'd take this right now without a second thought. We very well could end up with a similar record to last year. Bell and Bezelak will determine a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT