ADVERTISEMENT

Another School Shooting

David David David I don’t know what to think of you. If all of the 40 year old Jewish men were armed, now THAT would have been a different story ;)

Would you apply the same logic to DACA dreamers?

CBS News reported, supported with pictures, that the shooter regularly wore Nazi regalia to school. The pic they showed was of a shirt with an WWII Nazi iron cross original or replica on it.

A local Houston tv station first reported the Nazi regalia connection: https://www.khou.com/article/news/crim/santa-fe-shooting-suspect-dimitrios-pagourtzis-left-disturbing-hints-on-social-media/285-553862431

I need to amend this post with additional information. Wapo reported yesterday that there were a number of memorabilia that the shooter had, and the iron cross was only one of them. Apparently the shooter was working on personal identity issues - pretty much like every teenager - and focused on specific symbols, including the hammer and sickle from the Soviet Union (representing rebellion), Nazi Germany's iron cross (representing bravery), the Japanese Empire's rising sun for kamikazi tactics, the Knights' Templar "Baphomet" for evil and the Cthulhu for power. https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...4a123c359ab_story.html?utm_term=.f64775d35388

Interesting that none of what he apparently valued comes from basic US or Christian decency, despite his having been raised in the US and at least somewhat active in his church.

I thought we were talking about DACA?

I'm trying to understand why you answered no to my question above. I assumed it had to do with the legality of the government's actions. But maybe there's some other reason you support armed resistance by German Jews but not US immigrants.

Let me cut to the chase. I don't buy the argument that we need an armed citizenry to guard against government tyranny. I'm a gun owner. But the gun culture in this country is out of control, to the point it appears willing to live with the ongoing residual damage of lives lost and blame the victims for not arming themselves.

I'm trying to understand why you answered no to my question above. I assumed it had to do with the legality of the government's actions. But maybe there's some other reason you support armed resistance by German Jews but not US immigrants.

Let me cut to the chase. I don't buy the argument that we need an armed citizenry to guard against government tyranny. I'm a gun owner. But the gun culture in this country is out of control, to the point it appears willing to live with the ongoing residual damage of lives lost and blame the victims for not arming themselves.
I just don’t understand why you’re not upset over the opiate epidemic, That kills 147 people a day?

What about motor vehicles? Last time I checked we're losing 40,000 people a year to motor vehicle crashes (most of which are avoidable). Most of that number is due to someone's negligence.

I don't see any groups marching to ban the automobile...

I see this (school shootings issue) as both a mental health crisis and a lack of parental oversight and discipline crisis...

Whatever it is, it will happen again because kids copy what other kids do...

Strengthening school security is the only way to slow it down.

You would compare automobiles to guns?

Reactions: MrBing
Give me a break! The break down of the family started a long long time ago. We are very polarized on this and most issues today. Guns don’t kill people any more than alcohol yet some people want to ban guns. We tried to ban alcohol and that didn’t work. Banning guns in our country is not the answer. Regulating guns needs to be done. Investing in the family unit needs to be done, securing our schools needs to be done....and that is just the beginning. We need to put discipline back into the family and the schools. No! I don’t mean physical abuse, I mean discipline. I have a great grand son who is being raised right. His mom is giving him attention constantly, Grandmother is too. So are Aunts, Uncles, and Great Grand Parents. It takes a lot of time. Many parents today simply don’t want to give kids that kind of priority. They would rather be texting, surfing,etc.
Nice deflection and dodge. Your boy has made nazis, bigots, racists, and dumb people all the rage. He stirs hatred, exclusion, calls nazis good people and leads the charge,,,and you say "its all of us" & yet I have never witnessed chants of " hang her" and so forth as your boy gleefully claps and cheers it on, own what is yours . You know your partyof personal responsibility ans all.

What about motor vehicles? Last time I checked we're losing 40,000 people a year to motor vehicle crashes (most of which are avoidable). Most of that number is due to someone's negligence.

I don't see any groups marching to ban the automobile...

I see this (school shootings issue) as both a mental health crisis and a lack of parental oversight and discipline crisis...

Whatever it is, it will happen again because kids copy what other kids do...

Strengthening school security is the only way to slow it down.

This is the argument that just makes me shake my head and want to cry and I hear it over and over. Are we really not smart enough to distinguish between the uses of a car and the uses of a gun? Are we really not smart enough to understand that it is much more difficult to get a licenense, pass a test, and have to renew it every year? Most gun control advocates would be thrilled with that. Stop making the freaking stupid car argument.

Give me a break! The break down of the family started a long long time ago. We are very polarized on this and most issues today. Guns don’t kill people any more than alcohol yet some people want to ban guns. We tried to ban alcohol and that didn’t work. Banning guns in our country is not the answer. Regulating guns needs to be done. Investing in the family unit needs to be done, securing our schools needs to be done....and that is just the beginning. We need to put discipline back into the family and the schools. No! I don’t mean physical abuse, I mean discipline. I have a great grand son who is being raised right. His mom is giving him attention constantly, Grandmother is too. So are Aunts, Uncles, and Great Grand Parents. It takes a lot of time. Many parents today simply don’t want to give kids that kind of priority. They would rather be texting, surfing,etc.
Let me know next time a keg of beer causes a mass murder. These silly cliches are so frustratingly old , worn out, and tired.

Reactions: MrBing
Nice deflection and dodge. Your boy has made nazis, bigots, racists, and dumb people all the rage. He stirs hatred, exclusion, calls nazis good people and leads the charge,,,and you say "its all of us" & yet I have never witnessed chants of " hang her" and so forth as your boy gleefully claps and cheers it on, own what is yours . You know your partyof personal responsibility ans all.
Wow you have great penmanship and you didn’t say” DUDE “ proud of you :D

For one I’m not the rest of the world. We do things a little differently here. Because we do things differently also makes us a place a lot of people want to be. We have many rights in this country others don’t have. One of those happens to be a right to bear arms. Some believe that ensures other rights remain in tact. Some of our older German immigrants understand this.

I’ll take some time and read your post later .... a discussion usually is easier when you don’t come out and call people’s opinion crap. Unless you guys get ahold of your emotions this will never be something that will be agreed upon.
What are you talking about with our older German immigrants?

Let me know next time a keg of beer causes a mass murder. These silly cliches are so frustratingly old , worn out, and tired.
Your wish is my command, Carrollton Kentucky school bus crash 24 children and 3 adults died at the hands of a drunk driver going the wrong way on Interstate 71!

This is the argument that just makes me shake my head and want to cry and I hear it over and over. Are we really not smart enough to distinguish between the uses of a car and the uses of a gun? Are we really not smart enough to understand that it is much more difficult to get a licenense, pass a test, and have to renew it every year? Most gun control advocates would be thrilled with that. Stop making the freaking stupid car argument.

And if you hadn't typed that last line we could have had a reasonable discussion about licensing all fire arms at the local level (as in having been trained and tested prior to ownership (with the right to concealed carry thrown in).

The fact that you think everyone who doesn't agree with you is "stupid" is why no one trusts your ilk and don't even bother attempting to compromise with you on a national level.

Reactions: All4You

My guess is that he has watched way too many action movies and thinks that if the middle aged Jews and their children had handguns and rifles they could have fought back the German army/Gesatpo/SS and their measly planes/bombs/military brigades.
I have heard the same argument from other “protect ourselves against the government types” and it is so far beyond delusional that it boggles the mind.

And if you hadn't typed that last line we could have had a reasonable discussion about licensing all fire arms at the local level (as in having been trained and tested prior to ownership (with the right to concealed carry thrown in).

The fact that you think everyone who doesn't agree with you is "stupid" is why no one trusts your ilk and don't even bother attempting to compromise with you on a national level.
I said the car argument is stupid, and I’d guess you know that. I didn’t say you were stupid. Difference.

A quick YouTube search.... this speech is longer but at minute 29:40 she begins talking about gun control in Austria by the Nazi’s...if you get time listen to her entire speech. I am aware this was her experience but wow. She speaks about healthcare and has some issues with Obama...

A quick YouTube search.... this speech is longer but at minute 29:40 she begins talking about gun control in Austria by the Nazi’s...if you get time listen to her entire speech. I am aware this was her experience but wow. She speaks about healthcare and has some issues with Obama...

Ok...you got me. If only she and all her neighbors had weapons the Nazi army would have fled in fear. You have done an excellent job proving your point.

Ok...you got me. If only she and all her neighbors had weapons the Nazi army would have fled in fear. You have done an excellent job proving your point.
There might not have been a Nazi Army if everyone would have been armed early on.

Why fight back then is your defense? Just accept your fate is your position? People of Flight 93 would disagree with you....

Some say Let’s Roll.... you say Let’s Roll Over.....different kinds of people

Reactions: 76-1

By the way, I was asked a question about what German immigrants said that about guns. I posted one video...there are plenty more interviews with others. I know there is an intellectual debate (like most things) about this subject. I tend to listen intently to first hand experiences....something about classroom experience pales in comparison

Now that’s a dumb comment. Drunk drivers cause thousands. Of course you know that. Nobody talks about banning alcohol. They just talk about drinking and driving responsibility......

I’m sure if you try real hard you can see the relevance. The same relevance applies to the use of alcohol and guns. It is really very straight forward.

Reactions: 76-1
Why fight back then is your defense? Just accept your fate is your position? People of Flight 93 would disagree with you....

Some say Let’s Roll.... you say Let’s Roll Over.....different kinds of people

Your analogy, like your "logic", is so off base it makes me wonder if you write for the Onion.
You are actually comparing the very, very brave few people that defended themselves against horrible terrorists, in an enclosed environment on a plane, vs. people that would have had to repel the German Army?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT