ADVERTISEMENT

Another RB transfer

80 yard TD run against Georgia Tech. I don't know when, but the clip showed decent wheels.

Sort of an odd running style to me, not a true slasher, a lot of stutter steps. Looks like he was hurt most of this year, was the lead back for many of the 2022 games I guess.

Have to think an rb is going out and there is only 1 that seems to make sense.

Have to think a TE or 2 might be on the way out as well since we have quite a few for a team that runs 4 WR sets

Reactions: red hornet
My guess is that the spring is for "making the team". Not sure how you convince all of these transfers to come in and compete for a spot but somehow they have done it.

My guess is that the OC plans to use at least 3 of those backs to rotate through in the intermediate passing game..., and plans to have a fresh guy in there on nearly every play...

I believe Elijah Green had a broken thumb last year. He does have a knack for catching passes out of the backfield, so he'll fit into our offense

Reactions: midwolfe and 76-1
Have to think an rb is going out and there is only 1 that seems to make sense.

Have to think a TE or 2 might be on the way out as well since we have quite a few for a team that runs 4 WR sets
Saw a stat yesterday. RB in this offense only had 6 combined TDs but the top TE had 6 himself. That tells me they use their TE a lot.

My guess is that the OC plans to use at least 3 of those backs to rotate through in the intermediate passing game..., and plans to have a fresh guy in there on nearly every play...
Don't much disagree.
But I suspect 4 RB's rotate for the passing offense. Particularly early season if OL is still gelling. Also believe 3 RB's could rotate for the rushing/blocking duties. $.005 worth.

Don't much disagree.
But I suspect 4 RB's rotate for the passing offense. Particularly early season if OL is still gelling. Also believe 3 RB's could rotate for the rushing/blocking duties. $.005 worth.
We have enough RB's & Receivers that we could go "old school" and send our plays in via a player on each play... That'd nip this "stolen signals" stuff in the bud...

Personally I'd use both... Utilize the goofy signboards to confuse the opponent and let them think they've cracked the code, then slam them with just the opposite of what they believe is coming at key points in the game...

We have enough RB's & Receivers that we could go "old school" and send our plays in via a player on each play... That'd nip this "stolen signals" stuff in the bud...

Personally I'd use both... Utilize the goofy signboards to confuse the opponent and let them think they've cracked the code, then slam them with just the opposite of what they believe is coming at key points in the game...
Love this with a swing man. Problem is, we can’t go uptempo when we have favorable matchups. Swing man always allows for a defensive substitution.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT