ADVERTISEMENT

Another poll- season tickets

Have you purchased season football tickets?

• Yes, I have

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Not yet but I plan to

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • I’m waiting to see if the season is played as scheduled

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I am not buying season tickets this year

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
Just curious to see where season ticket holders are at right now. I’m going to buy them shortly. I don’t think the season will be played as scheduled, or at least with fans in the stands but I’m buying our usual 4 tickets anyway to support the program and athletic department. If I can’t use them, I assume I’ll get a credit for next year anyway.

FWIW, at least one other B10 school (Michigan) has stated what will happen if there are no spectator allowed games prior to the 2021 season. The options were a full refund (this school charges a second required donation in addition to the actual cost of tickets - both would be refunded if desired) b) putting both donation and tickets towards 2021 (a no interest loan to the school in effect) and the offer to donate both back to the institution.

‘This was the closest things have come to acknowledging there simply isn’t going to be football this fall, pretty much guaranteed now if the entire student body is not back on campus for the fall academic semester.

For schools that deal with tickets on a ranked basis, this was a comforting model that no one is going to “lose their place” over COVID in 2020.

I suspect the rest of the B10 will follow suit in this manner in short order. To have a 20 million rise in unemployment along with COVID means schools can’t be stupid about being rigid. Couple the fact that some of your most generous supports are the most vulnerable and I have no doubt IU and its B10 brethren will do the right thing, even if reluctantly.

I plan to buy them next week. May also donate the money if there is no season. Was so looking forward to this season but now our next game seems so far away.

So sad we have lost so many around the world due to this virus.

FWIW, at least one other B10 school (Michigan) has stated what will happen if there are no spectator allowed games prior to the 2021 season. The options were a full refund (this school charges a second required donation in addition to the actual cost of tickets - both would be refunded if desired) b) putting both donation and tickets towards 2021 (a no interest loan to the school in effect) and the offer to donate both back to the institution.

‘This was the closest things have come to acknowledging there simply isn’t going to be football this fall, pretty much guaranteed now if the entire student body is not back on campus for the fall academic semester.

For schools that deal with tickets on a ranked basis, this was a comforting model that no one is going to “lose their place” over COVID in 2020.

I suspect the rest of the B10 will follow suit in this manner in short order. To have a 20 million rise in unemployment along with COVID means schools can’t be stupid about being rigid. Couple the fact that some of your most generous supports are the most vulnerable and I have no doubt IU and its B10 brethren will do the right thing, even if reluctantly.

Interesting that there is a Football related donation required and that it will be refunded by Mich

IU has one as well but it is more MBB related and far more subtle. No donation is "required" but seats are assigned based upon VC points both cumulative and non cumulative. For FB, you get the better seat, for MBB you get in the door. We need to maintain a level of donation to keep our MBB seats in the section we want and even more to hold the same seat.

VC donations won't be refunded.

Donations are a joke in this age. The money the schools receive in TV fees alone should cover it all. I love Indiana basketball but I’ll never donate a dime to the Athletics. They’re fleecing you all.

Donations are a joke in this age. The money the schools receive in TV fees alone should cover it all. I love Indiana basketball but I’ll never donate a dime to the Athletics. They’re fleecing you all.

Unfortunately, it's a facilities/amenities arms race fueled by money. Spend or fall behind. I find it terribly discouraging, but it's the current reality.

I disagree.

If we get the $50-55 million BTN money, we can't fund a whole athletic program on just that. We reported $123,000,000 in revenue for 2019, and a $13,000,000 surplus.

If drop to $55,000,000, it'll be a big deal, not a fleece.

Reactions: jsglenn4
1. Extended the Renewal Deadline Until May 15. Previously extended to May 1, two additional weeks have been added to the renewal and priority point deadline for IU Football season ticket and season parking pass purchases. As a reminder, we will utilize the Priority Point total from June 30, 2019 for the 2020 football seat selection process. The Varsity Club will not be sending updated Priority Point statements prior to the 2020 football seat selection and upgrade process.
Further information about the seat selection process will be provided at a later time.

2. Introduced the IU Athletics Ticket Assurance Plan. If, for any reason, any portion of the 2020 IU Football schedule does not take place, ticket holders who purchased tickets directly through the IU Athletic Ticket Office will have the option to either receive a refund for the canceled game(s), or have a credit toward a future ticket purchase. This guarantee applies to all ticketed IU Athletics’ home athletic events.

3. Introduced a new 5% Down Payment Plan. Now, Hoosier fans can renew their 2020 IU Football season tickets by putting down just 5%. The remaining balance will be split between two equal payments on July 15 and August 15.

Patrons can renew or purchase their 2020 season football tickets at iuhoosiers.com.

Reactions: 76-1

Mich Gov threatening to extend restrictions until UM beats Ahia St.

That’s only part of the money. You got ESPN, CBS, Bowl Payouts, NCAA tourney payouts and I’m sure there are more. I have no idea what the data is, but I can’t imagine individual donations being much of a total athletic budget at all, not in today’s age. It’s also something the younger generation like myself doesn’t see as important I don’t think. I know everyone in my friend group that went to IU doesn’t donate. We just buy what we want on stubhub or some other website. But honestly, educate me, because i don’t know.

I never buy season tickets, but I go to at least 4 or 5 home games a year. The season tickets are not in great spots and I can always find tickets on the secondary market that are excellent.

Interesting that there is a Football related donation required and that it will be refunded by Mich

IU has one as well but it is more MBB related and far more subtle. No donation is "required" but seats are assigned based upon VC points both cumulative and non cumulative. For FB, you get the better seat, for MBB you get in the door. We need to maintain a level of donation to keep our MBB seats in the section we want and even more to hold the same seat.

VC donations won't be refunded.
https://www.wdrb.com/news/coronavir...cle_d586b532-84dc-11ea-9e06-efc9f9259aa8.html

Thats why I look up to UL...as much as I hated Pitino...they just have a way of managing messes and looking forward

Same. Although, I hope I get some more benefits for a higher giving level, perhaps in the following season.
I haven't renewed yet but I will before the deadline. We recently sold some property so I will probably up my donation as well. If the season is a no-go I will probably have the ticket money carried over to next year's tickets. I don't even want to think about that though. Too depressing.

Reactions: snowling
I haven't renewed yet but I will before the deadline. We recently sold some property so I will probably up my donation as well. If the season is a no-go I will probably have the ticket money carried over to next year's tickets. I don't even want to think about that though. Too depressing.
Agreed. I live for college football. I'm not sure I can handle no season.

Ummmm, we're on the football board. Did you get lost?
Well - people were talking abt bb and fb seats...and how the donation is not split for each sport.

FB seats are always plentiful and cheap...many season tix holders buy just for bball...and dont even go to a single game.

BB tix however can often cost 3-5x the face value for a decent game or weekend...and thats just for average lower level seats.

My buddy one year donated $1500 more than normal to bump up to the next donor level.
His seat moved down exactly 2 rows in Assembly Hall.

The following year, that $1500, well, it added 15 points to his Point total...and he was right back 2 rows higher.

My buddy one year donated $1500 more than normal to bump up to the next donor level.
His seat moved down exactly 2 rows in Assembly Hall.

The following year, that $1500, well, it added 15 points to his Point total...and he was right back 2 rows higher.
My football tickets are good seats. The only way I move is if I have the opportunity to move directly down from my current seats. I don't have any interest in buying season tickets for basketball. If I raise my donation level it isn't for the purpose of improving my seats, just giving a little more to my alma mater for the good of the cause and the tax benefit. I'll give more to my church and a couple of other causes I support as well.

Reactions: snowling and cryano
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT