ADVERTISEMENT

Anecdotal Reality - Fat Shots

You are buying into the hype. We all agree obesity is a major problem - in terms of general health and costs. But, these drugs do NOT solve the long-term problem. It remains to be seen if those that use them will: A) get themselves into a healthier spot while taking them - meaning exercise more and eat better food, not just less of it, and B) if they are able to successfully ween off of these medications without relapsing. That doesn't even touch on the side effects or long-term physical health effects of taking them.

I have significant doubts based on the reported relapse rate and am hopefully there will be a more effective solution in the future.
I would think one helping of Mac n cheese is better than three helpings, No?

that's just more weight stuff. i think stretching and natural strength movements are probably better. even mma or like what steven seagal is an 11th degree belt in. where he just does hand jive and summarily dismisses people. the ancient art of bullshito

He's got to use bullshito, since his fat ass can't move anymore.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Having a lifetime of foreign substance in your body is a choice. But how many realize this when they sign up. More importantly, have they done the lifetime out of pocket cost?

It may still be worth it, but it’s a steep price to pay. That being said, physical health is one of those things that may be worth it.

My main point is that drugs like these are solutions, but don’t solve the underlying issue. It’s like Methadone or Suboxone for substance use disorder. Once someone goes off, they relapse.

I’d like to see medicine focus on actually curing disease instead of alleviating while profiting. But I get it, the economics are far less attractive.

The guy I talked to that was getting the compounded version for $400/mo estimated he was saving close to half that amount (or more) in buying less food.

I anticipate this class of drugs will also end up being used for a lot more than weight loss. Could have serious benefits in the substance addiction area as well.

Reactions: BradStevens
In this instance, wouldn’t it be. What ever rows your boat? Lol
Donald Trump GIF by GIPHY News

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
The guy I talked to that was getting the compounded version for $400/mo estimated he was saving close to half that amount (or more) in buying less food.

I anticipate this class of drugs will also end up being used for a lot more than weight loss. Could have serious benefits in the substance addiction area as well.

How do you view it to be different than what currently exists for SUD?

Gymanastics is harder. But that’s it
I wrestled and I swam. Swimming is the hardest. One of my fellow swimmers had also done gymnastics, football, track and baseball, and he said conditioning for swimming was by far the hardest.

Reactions: Noodle
I guess it’s just so much loss so fast. Simpson. The kardashian guy. Ozempic face
My doctor wanted me to take that shit for my high glucose level after they took me off Metformin. I didn't like the idea of a weekly shot in my stomach, so I declined, trying to control it more with diet, exercise, and a not-as-strong pill. That worked somewhat, but I think the weight loss (which wasn't as well advertised then) would have been great.

I may look into it my next doctor appointment.

Reactions: BradStevens
I guess it’s just so much loss so fast. Simpson. The kardashian guy. Ozempic face
Any rapid weight loss can do it, the skin doesn't shrink as fast as the fat under it. This also happens to the body, excess skin just hanging there.

As one ages, skin elasticity drops, so it becomes a bigger issue as we age.

Outstanding.
Murt, we're doing a Canadian fly in trip later in the summer if you're interested. Different crew and I don't know any of them except my buddy who I hike and canoe-camp with. I hear there's at least one open seat in the float plane.

Murt, we're doing a Canadian fly in trip later in the summer if you're interested. Different crew and I don't know any of them except my buddy who I hike and canoe-camp with. I hear there's at least one open seat in the float plane.
That’s generous of you. I have a buddy who does that with his pop and uncles. It’s his favorite trip. I’m going to Cincy in a few weeks with old teammates for an mls game, Colorado in June with the boys, and a kids trip later this summer to fla.

And in fairness I remember reading a few years back your camping posts. I wouldn’t want to tarnish your rep on a fly in canoe camp trip with a guy who gave up on an exact knife after two hours of trying

My luck itd be like the movie the edge

That’s generous of you. I have a buddy who does that with his pop and uncles. It’s his favorite trip. I’m going to Cincy in a few weeks with old teammates for an mls game, Colorado in June with the boys, and a kids trip later this summer to fla.

And in fairness I remember reading a few years back your camping posts. I wouldn’t want to tarnish your rep on a fly in canoe camp trip with a guy who gave up on an exact knife after two hours of trying

My luck itd be like the movie the edge
They're all fun when the right people are involved. Enjoy that docket!

Full disclosure- This fly in trip is to a lodge of some sort. Hot showers, cold beer, with fresh limes and ice for the G&Ts. First time I've done something so bougie, and I'm OK with it.

There’s a fly fishing shop down the street a bit from me. About as out of place as anything. On Saturday mornings there’s a big group of guys in their parking lot practicing. You know they want to be somewhere else badly

Of course I do. What if I want change up the toppings?

Edit - Or were you asking about the beers?
Beers.... But you are a GAM, you know the pizza that you like. Its not like a girl shopping for a bra... That pizza you ordered 20 yrs ago, ..... when you walk in, they see you and you simply nod your head... they bring you 2 beers at a time and the GD same pizza you have eaten for 20 yrs.
ZERO conversation needed... for anything !! NEVER need to talk !

Full disclosure- This fly in trip is to a lodge of some sort. Hot showers, cold beer, with fresh limes and ice for the G&Ts. First time I've done something so bougie, and I'm OK with it.
Now I may need to reevaluate 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT