ADVERTISEMENT

Anecdotal Reality - Fat Shots

Why do they have to ween off? I know some people on the, and they are told it’s a lifetime drug, like many others. But yes, many do gain weight if they go off.

Ozempic is an appetite suppressant and also slows down digestion. Both make the user feel full and they don't eat so much. There's no medical reason that would prevent people from just continuing to eat less if they were to tritate down.

Ozempic is an appetite suppressant and also slows down digestion. Both make the user feel full and they don't eat so much. There's no medical reason that would prevent people from just continuing to eat less if they were to tritate down.
Yep. It doesn’t work as well for appetite suppression if you are taking it for diabetes. Have two friends who have done it for that for awhile and both are pretty substantially overweight.

My doctor told me this week that the new shots to get rid of belly fat cost $5 to make and they charge you (your insurer - Medicare doesn't cover) $1,500 a pop.

Where is that Rockfish "Single Payer" Prick when ya need him, eh?
I wish it was that simple.... If you spent several billion dollars to develop a medicine you have to figure that cost in addition to what it cost to make it.

I threw a football for a buddy’s kid recently. Shoulder is dead. I was sore for days. It’s all bull shit.
Yeah, forehands are pretty much a no go zone for me. Maybe a couple hundred feet but I'm not pushing that motion. Anything over the top is totally out of the quesiton.

RIP range of motion.

You are buying into the hype. We all agree obesity is a major problem - in terms of general health and costs. But, these drugs do NOT solve the long-term problem. It remains to be seen if those that use them will: A) get themselves into a healthier spot while taking them - meaning exercise more and eat better food, not just less of it, and B) if they are able to successfully ween off of these medications without relapsing. That doesn't even touch on the side effects or long-term physical health effects of taking them.

I have significant doubts based on the reported relapse rate and am hopefully there will be a more effective solution in the future.
It doesn't fit a popular narrative that obesity is a lack of self control, but these drugs work by going to the receptors the "I am full" signal should normally activate. That would 5o me indicate there is a mechanical problem, not just self control. If it is mechanical, it may well be people have to stay on them for life. So what? If it saves them from diabetes and all the other issues, it is a game changer.

There are many, many pharmacies making compounds and places out of country selling it. The compounds can be sketchy though, so has to be a reputable one.
I've read more than one place that at least 1/3 of the medicine sole in Mexico is counterfeit.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
I've been using Trelegy for several months after I got pneumonia. My Humana Medicare statement says it costs them close to $500. I pay $48. I have no idea if they actually pay the full difference. Unlike other line items, they don't show a discount applied before they pay what they pay.
Should be on your Explanation of Benefits

I can lift all day. Fing hate cardio

Working Out GIF

that's about when i started. and i can lift like a mother ****er. and i'm not sure it's a good thing. cortez is bitching about his shoulder and honestly i feel like the tin man all too often. and we were lifting back in school and never stopped. i think the tom brady flexibility etc is better than heavy weights. hell lars is bitching about it too. i think at some point it's going to be found that free weights/etc is a strain on your ... everything. yoga and that is probably better

I try to do some steady state stuff, keeping heart rate under 130 for 10k meters, etc. But yeah, you can blow yourself out. I do some interval shit like 500m/rest one minute/500m repeat where i keep the 500m under 1:50

Do 15 intervals.

Die.
So how do I build my own rowing machine?

Joe, you up on that?

se

A quick look shows several "similar" drugs using GLP-1:

• Mounjaro (tirzepatide)
    This injectable medication helps regulate blood sugar and slows down digestion.
  • Trulicity (dulaglutide)
    This injectable medication improves blood sugar, slows digestion, and reduces the risk of cardiovascular events.
  • Rybelsus (semaglutide)
    This tablet medication has the same active ingredient as Ozempic and works the same way.
  • Wegovy
    Also known as semaglutide, this injectable medication is FDA-approved for weight management.
  • Zepbound
    This FDA-approved medication is for weight management and may help adults and children with obesity.
  • Saxenda
    This prescription-only medication is made with liraglutide and is approved for treating obesity in people 12 and older.

A quick look shows my insurance can get it for $88. I doubt they are selling to Anthem at a loss of $912/month. I doubt they are selling it at a $.01 loss. These drugs might be a real game changer for people. It won't be for those needing $1000/month. The problem may be with PBMs.

Score me some, Marv. Is this the stuff you have to inject though? I have a phobia of needles. Need a pill.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Score me some, Marv. Is this the stuff you have to inject though? I have a phobia of needles. Need a pill.
There are both kinds, though the injection is considered better. I have a friend on it for type 2, he has had big issues since COVID 2 years ago. They had him on the pill version but it didn't help enough so they moved him to the injection.

I hear it compared to bariatric surgery, but much cheaper. What I think will be interesting as time goes on, bariatric actually, about 75%, cured (or put into remission) diabetes. Last I looked, no one knew how. If these drugs can do that at even a 30% rate they will make a huge difference in costs and quality of life.

There are many, many pharmacies making compounds and places out of country selling it. The compounds can be sketchy though, so has to be a reputable one.

I was just having a discussion with a guy last night that is on it. He's getting from some compounding apothecary in MA and paying about $400/mo for it.

Not sure you really want to take a pill form of this long-term. Pills have to metabolized by the liver/kidney and I'd be leery of long term damage.

It doesn't fit a popular narrative that obesity is a lack of self control, but these drugs work by going to the receptors the "I am full" signal should normally activate. That would 5o me indicate there is a mechanical problem, not just self control. If it is mechanical, it may well be people have to stay on them for life. So what? If it saves them from diabetes and all the other issues, it is a game changer.

Of course there is a mental aspect and I’m not implying that these are not beneficial for plenty. But, to be frank, if you are hooked on a drug, the demand is inelastic. You can’t complain about what is being charged.

Why do they have to ween off? I know some people on the, and they are told it’s a lifetime drug, like many others. But yes, many do gain weight if they go off.

Having a lifetime of foreign substance in your body is a choice. But how many realize this when they sign up. More importantly, have they done the lifetime out of pocket cost?

It may still be worth it, but it’s a steep price to pay. That being said, physical health is one of those things that may be worth it.

My main point is that drugs like these are solutions, but don’t solve the underlying issue. It’s like Methadone or Suboxone for substance use disorder. Once someone goes off, they relapse.

I’d like to see medicine focus on actually curing disease instead of alleviating while profiting. But I get it, the economics are far less attractive.

Reactions: DANC and zeke4ahs
Yeah, forehands are pretty much a no go zone for me. Maybe a couple hundred feet but I'm not pushing that motion. Anything over the top is totally out of the quesiton.

RIP range of motion.
He has an arm like a pitching machine. Like a robot. Crazy to see

• Love
Reactions: larsIU
Of course there is a mental aspect and I’m not implying that these are not beneficial for plenty. But, to be frank, if you are hooked on a drug, the demand is inelastic. You can’t complain about what is being charged.
Aren't a lot of things inelastic? Gasoline, electricity, water, ISPs? Yet we complain about those prices

Reactions: DANC
Having a lifetime of foreign substance in your body is a choice. But how many realize this when they sign up. More importantly, have they done the lifetime out of pocket cost?

It may still be worth it, but it’s a steep price to pay. That being said, physical health is one of those things that may be worth it.

My main point is that drugs like these are solutions, but don’t solve the underlying issue. It’s like Methadone or Suboxone for substance use disorder. Once someone goes off, they relapse.

I’d like to see medicine focus on actually curing disease instead of alleviating while profiting. But I get it, the economics are far less attractive.
Until we, as a society, give up processed food…our health will continue to go in the tank. Food allergies seem to have exploded.

Lard, butter, home canning, purchasing beef and pork directly from the farmer…simple times were more healthy.

Cast iron skillet and pressure canner mandatory wedding gifts

I study under Master Ken.

Sooooooo good 🤣🤣. You know how much I love trump. He was praying 🤣🤣🤣. Well seagall is an even better trump. I strongly encourage you to watch him take down waves of attackers with the martial art of bullshito while being one hundred pounds overweight. His reality show where he is a deputy in a parish in New Orleans is as fine as anything ever aired on tv

Your doctor has zero idea what the cost of goods are on those doses.
It’s a silly notion. Pharmaceuticals have to do testing in humans, cars, insurance, television do not. Many humans are finally losing weight. I lost mine years ago. It’s critical to be in shape and trained hard period. Cut weight wrestling it stays with you.

It’s a silly notion. Pharmaceuticals have to do testing in humans, cars, insurance, television do not. Many humans are finally losing weight. I lost mine years ago. It’s critical to be in shape and trained hard period. Cut weight wrestling it stays with you.
Nothing is harder than wrestling. Nothing

• Haha
Reactions: Noodle
The issue with wresting is once you know how to take a man down you are never again afraid of fighting which is not sensible, but I note all the dominant UFC fighters are wrestlers.
It’s the best base. My pop was a great wrestler. And the strongest guy I’ve ever met. I’m very strong and like all that shit and have wrestler buddies to this day that are slobs and in no where near the shape I’m in but will throw me right down. It’s an unbelievable skill set. I’d never wear a singlet, naturally, but absent that highly recommend it.

Never f with wrestlers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT