ADVERTISEMENT

And here we go... Mueller time

Basically, they are saying they can't give out the Comey memos because it might harm Mueller's investigation by showing who or what may or may not be a target beyond the four people we already know about.

More procedural than news. We all know that the investigation will be widespread/ranging and I expect it to go into his past life.

This investigation is about the only thing that isn't looping. All other stuff are a variance of Trump's daily buffoonism.

Last edited:
More procedural than news. We all know that the investigation will be widespread/ranging and I expect it to go into his past life.

This investigation is about the only thing that isn't looping. All other stuff are a variance of Trump's daily buffoonism.
Obviously, the fact that Mueller is targeting far more people than we know about isn't news. What will get people drooling is the idea that Comey's memos have to be protected, because the obvious first conclusion is that means Trump himself is a target due to what he said to Comey. It's not the only explanation, of course*, but it's the easiest one, and the one that will most get people in a lather.

* Could be people they talked about. Could be other things involving Flynn we don't know about yet. Could be other things they discussed that we have no idea about because Comey said "I can't talk about that in public" when he was in front of Congress. There are all sorts of possibilities that don't actually implicate Trump in anything.

Obviously, the fact that Mueller is targeting far more people than we know about isn't news. What will get people drooling is the idea that Comey's memos have to be protected, because the obvious first conclusion is that means Trump himself is a target due to what he said to Comey. It's not the only explanation, of course*, but it's the easiest one, and the one that will most get people in a lather.

* Could be people they talked about. Could be other things involving Flynn we don't know about yet. Could be other things they discussed that we have no idea about because Comey said "I can't talk about that in public" when he was in front of Congress. There are all sorts of possibilities that don't actually implicate Trump in anything.

Thanks! Unpeeling of an onion.

Ironically I have Billy Joel's 'Only the good die young' in the background.

Edit. Now Tom Petty's The waiting' is the hardest part. Maybe Oriental Jesus is trying to tell me something. Every day is one more yard...

Been talked about already. Is it heating up more?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/23/politics/mueller-question-trump/index.html

After reviewing what I have have seen, from secure channels (behind the scenes, so to speak (wink wink)), This IS the missing piece and it'll happen any day now, just a matter of time. Book it! Things are falling into place. ...

If you say so. I’m posting updates

So shortly after he fired Comey, Trump asked McCabe whom he voted for (which you don't do), and then wanted to fire him (presumably because his answer was a polite version of "none of your goddamn business"). Wray threatened to resign, so McCabe stayed.

We're getting very close to the time when even the less conspiratorialist among us can start saying, "C'mon, there's a shit ton of obstruction going on here."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...91367d9d_story.html?__twitter_impression=true

So shortly after he fired Comey, Trump asked McCabe whom he voted for (which you don't do), and then wanted to fire him (presumably because his answer was a polite version of "none of your goddamn business"). Wray threatened to resign, so McCabe stayed.

We're getting very close to the time when even the less conspiratorialist among us can start saying, "C'mon, there's a shit ton of obstruction going on here."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...91367d9d_story.html?__twitter_impression=true
Why do you keep posting links from liberal “fake news” publications to back up your posts?

Starting to think we're pretty close to the next phase of this investigation.

I've thought for a while that if Mueller moves on one of Trump's family members, he'll have his ducks in a row first on anything directly implicating Trump and also announce some of those recommendations at that time.

Also Rick Gates might be flipping.

Last edited:

This looks like its wrapping up and Mueller is setting the ultimate trap for Trump:

Testify under oath and tell the Truth = Obstruction of Justice

Testify under oath and lie = Perjury

I can see Pence stretching and warming up in the bullpen.

This looks like its wrapping up and Mueller is setting the ultimate trap for Trump:

Testify under oath and tell the Truth = Obstruction of Justice

Testify under oath and lie = Perjury

I can see Pence stretching and warming up in the bullpen.

His lawyers need to threaten to resign en masse if he goes through with this. I may detest Trump more than any American since Manson died, but our country shouldn't go through what him testifying may put us through. For the good of the country Mr President, shut your pie hole.

His lawyers need to threaten to resign en masse if he goes through with this. I may detest Trump more than any American since Manson died, but our country shouldn't go through what him testifying may put us through. For the good of the country Mr President, shut your pie hole.

He wont shut up -- his TV media persona/alter ego will egg him on. False 'heal spur' bravado. Icarus Don.

Will he be allowed to have his lawyers advising him throughout the interview?

He wont shut up -- his TV media persona/alter ego will egg him on. False 'heal spur' bravado. Icarus Don.

Will he be allowed to have his lawyers advising him throughout the interview?

They always allow it on tv, I suspect they will be there. I think he is convinced he is the smartest in the room, and that is a recipe for disaster. And I will avoid mentioning the Dunning-Kruger effect on his belief in himself.

He left himself an out, saying he'd of course have to consult with his lawyers and such. So he'll be able to say his lawyers won't let him, even though he really really would like to. Same exact thing he did with releasing his tax returns.

Sadly, people will always have some level of trust in another human being and not expect them to lie so consistently. Take them at face value.... with the exception of Trump. He may change that forever.

What makes no sense to me so far, is if this is winding down with an interview with Trump, why has Mueller not talked with Kushner? He is the only person that was present in most every meeting around this scandal.

They always allow it on tv, I suspect they will be there. I think he is convinced he is the smartest in the room, and that is a recipe for disaster. And I will avoid mentioning the Dunning-Kruger effect on his belief in himself.

When you have been handed a silver spoon and then not worked anywhere else other than in your family's business...
People's biggest weakness is not knowing or acknowledging what they don't know.

What makes no sense to me so far, is if this is winding down with an interview with Trump, why has Mueller not talked with Kushner? He is the only person that was present in most every meeting around this scandal.
I wouldn't assume that it is winding down. I think there's still some months to go.

This is only the 1st inning/quarter. The financial dealing requires a casting a wider net, internationally. It will come.

Most of the talking heads on the news are saying this segment(Obstruction) appears to be winding down. The whole affair really is a huge, tangled web for sure.
I've noticed that myself. But I'm not buying it. They're looking at it like a conventional white collar or mob investigation, where you start low and end at the top. I think that this is anything but a conventional investigation, and as you say, it's an intricately tangled web. Gonna take a long time to see where all the threads lead.

Most of the talking heads on the news are saying this segment(Obstruction) appears to be winding down. The whole affair really is a huge, tangled web for sure.
It's possible that part is almost done, but that probably answers your original question: Kushner is likely irrelevant to the obstruction probe.

It could be twofold. Again, the following is just conjecture based on no inside knowledge.

Mueller wants to hand Trump his own orange ass. I’m thinking Mueller wants to use obstruction charges to try and force an R congress to impeach and remove Trump, then seek further charges against Trump and his family at a later date.

Who knows, maybe nothing will happen after the interview. Maybe Mueller wants to look Trump in the eye and say “We couldn’t find anything. Sorry we waisted your time, Mr President.”

You know, if we’re talking about the full realm of possibility.

hqdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT