ADVERTISEMENT

Analyst/observer views on Texas after their 0-3 start...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Like IU, Texas got a midweek win, beating UT Corpus Christi 12-2. I saw this observation about the Longhorns after they went 0-3 against a good field over last weekend. I don't know anything about the players mentioned in this piece, but the individual has some initial concerns about their team.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried about Texas … Two seasons ago, the Longhorns went to Globe Life Field and were run over by an SEC trio. Of course, they pieced everything together and ended the season at the College World Series. But this team just feels vastly different. The Longhorns need young guys such as Jalin Flores and Jared Thomas to make quick transitions, and team defense — specifically the left side of the infield — caused alarm bells. Furthermore, I might have the least amount of faith in the pitching staff. I love Lucas Gordon at the front end of the weekend rotation, but Zane Morehouse and Travis Sthele struggled in their respective starts. I also didn’t see many bullpen arms that would concern me as an opposing team. Could’ve just been a bad weekend. It also could’ve been a sign of things to come.

Reactions: InvisibleHoosier
Like IU, Texas got a midweek win, beating UT Corpus Christi 12-2. I saw this observation about the Longhorns after they went 0-3 against a good field over last weekend. I don't know anything about the players mentioned in this piece, but the individual has some initial concerns about their team.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried about Texas … Two seasons ago, the Longhorns went to Globe Life Field and were run over by an SEC trio. Of course, they pieced everything together and ended the season at the College World Series. But this team just feels vastly different. The Longhorns need young guys such as Jalin Flores and Jared Thomas to make quick transitions, and team defense — specifically the left side of the infield — caused alarm bells. Furthermore, I might have the least amount of faith in the pitching staff. I love Lucas Gordon at the front end of the weekend rotation, but Zane Morehouse and Travis Sthele struggled in their respective starts. I also didn’t see many bullpen arms that would concern me as an opposing team. Could’ve just been a bad weekend. It also could’ve been a sign of things to come.
It’d be sweet to sweep them and then read this dude’s perspective.

Here the pre-series article leading up to the weekend.

Here the series preview from the Texas site and it gives an insight to the Texas team that we will face.

Last edited:
Reactions: InvisibleHoosier
Here the pre-series article leading up to the weekend.

Here the series preview from the Texas site and it gives an insight to the Texas team that we will face.

Our pitching is unproven for sure, I think we’ll be ok by midseason, but vulnerable now for sure

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT