ADVERTISEMENT

All Time Low

TDr12

Recruit
Apr 16, 2011
I typically see hope even when it doesn't seem to make sense. However, I don't even have any hope left. IU will not win another game this year and will likely get blown out in most or all of them. We will not fire Allen after this year because it is too expensive. We will probably win two or three games again next year and he may still keep his job. We are looking at the possibility of being stuck with this through the 2024 season. It is very obvious that the B1G coaches have figured Tom Allen out and he is incapable of adjusting.

I won't be watching the remainder of the games and I won't plan to attend a game until Tom Allen is let go. Those who say the 2019 success was thanks to DeBoer and Wommack are correct, and 2020 was lightning in a bottle.

We are in danger of falling so far down that a return to respectability seems further off than ever.

I'd love to see Dolson rip the band-aid off this year and start over, but due to the buyout I fear we won't even be able to start over for a long time. In my 30 years of being a die hard fan, this feels like the all time low.

It may take a massive movement of transfers out to force Dolson to act and negotiate a buyout with Allen,

It may take a massive movement of transfers out to force Dolson to act and negotiate a buyout with Allen,
Negotiate? Why would Allen negotiate? The separation clause in his contract clearly spells out the financial cost of cutting him loose.

The title of your post is the first clue that you have not been a Hoosier supporter for very long.
Thirty years is a fair amount of time, but yes I know others have been struggling with it for much longer. It's hard to believe that they can be this bad so consistently. It seems that just by plain luck we'd have a few years here and there to celebrate other than the 2020 season, although the way it ended doesn't feel very celabratory.

We really can’t afford to sit. Everyone in our tier is on the upswing. Illinois, Maryland, Purdue. I would even say Rutgers with Schiano. Only NW and MSU seem to be dropping off. ( I think Wisconsin is a blip)

I typically see hope even when it doesn't seem to make sense. However, I don't even have any hope left. IU will not win another game this year and will likely get blown out in most or all of them. We will not fire Allen after this year because it is too expensive. We will probably win two or three games again next year and he may still keep his job. We are looking at the possibility of being stuck with this through the 2024 season. It is very obvious that the B1G coaches have figured Tom Allen out and he is incapable of adjusting.

I won't be watching the remainder of the games and I won't plan to attend a game until Tom Allen is let go. Those who say the 2019 success was thanks to DeBoer and Wommack are correct, and 2020 was lightning in a bottle.

We are in danger of falling so far down that a return to respectability seems further off than ever.

I'd love to see Dolson rip the band-aid off this year and start over, but due to the buyout I fear we won't even be able to start over for a long time. In my 30 years of being a die hard fan, this feels like the all time low.

So, who do you hire?

• Love
Reactions: Lucy01
It is probably just an exercise but I imagine that Indiana has legal staff evaluating the possibility of getting rid of Dolson for gross malfeasance and going to the court to ask that Ellen's contract extension be nullified. I'm not saying it's going to happen but this situation is so bad they need to turn that rock over.

Reactions: mk30

if we keep allen, wait till next year

Negotiate? Why would Allen negotiate? The separation clause in his contract clearly spells out the financial cost of cutting him loose.
Well there is that old adage about walking before you’re made to run. Allen doesn’t seem so clueless that he can’t read the writing on the wall. Granted Allen can dig in. But he’s now calling defensive plays. IU’s defense is failing routinely this year. And we lose a bunch of seniors and McCullough at seasons end, meaning the defense is not likely to be any better next year. If he wants to keep coaching, he’d better negotiate a buy out!

There is no help coming of any significance for next year. Most of our defense will graduate. Our offensive line is terrible. We have no quarterback for next year, no running backs and receivers who are always hurt. And all of that is before transfers. And this is only topped by the incompetence of the coaching staff. Simply folks, our program is hopeless.

Say what you will to disparage the Dinardo and Lynch eras, but they never looked this poorly coached. Those teams just didn’t have much talent to compete. This team has better talent, except on the OL.

GD and his OC’s play calling the last year wasn’t good, but again, the players usually looked like they had been coached and prepared, even if the scoreboard didn’t look like it. Some guys even improved and developed under GD and Lynch…imagine that!?!?

Until Dolson is removed, don't expect anything other than what we've got.

Yes. Under how many boards of trustees, presidents, and athletic directors has IU football sucked ass?

I don’t even know what it *might* be.
IUFB just sucks ass…. Blame the moon cycles, or Biden, or Putin, or Chick-Fil-A, or the Illuminati….

With our history and virtually no football NIL $,compared to other schools, it is only going to get more difficult from here I suspect…sorry,posted by a man who is very sad right now…

With our history and virtually no football NIL $,compared to other schools, it is only going to get more difficult from here I suspect…sorry,posted by a man who is very sad right now…
There is hopeless…and there is IUFB 2022

No need to apologize. Anybody who’s still following this horseshit has EARNED the right to rank out the university, the athletic department, the coaches, the staff, and the players. Every ****ing one of those groups.

To be fair, it hasn’t looked this bleak since the end of the Mallory era for anyone under 45-50.
I knew Mallory was gone and the program was at rock bottom when we gave up a TD on an onside kick against MSU. I had a similar feeling before I quit watching in the 4th quarter.

Well there is that old adage about walking before you’re made to run. Allen doesn’t seem so clueless that he can’t read the writing on the wall. Granted Allen can dig in. But he’s now calling defensive plays. IU’s defense is failing routinely this year. And we lose a bunch of seniors and McCullough at seasons end, meaning the defense is not likely to be any better next year. If he wants to keep coaching, he’d better negotiate a buy out!
Dolson has exactly zero leverage to negotiate anything. Allen is proving this season that he is far from a defensive genius. His team gave up a 24 spot to a team averaging 14 before this game. His defensive philosophy gives up a lot of yards in return for TOs and for two seasons now few TOs. Allen's prospects for future employment, after the IU gig is over, are few. He may not be the sharpest tool, but he has got to know that his future employment prospects are dimming every week. Really, who would hire him?

LEO is the culture of your local pastor, not necessarily a winning football coach. LEO without accountability is a loser. IU continues to commit infuriatingly stupid penalties and mistakes at all of the wrong times. They play like a poorly coached, poorly disciplined team. Player development is questionable at this point. Rod Carey claimed he was no miracle worker and that personal assessment has proven spot on correct. Not his fault though, he should have had an entire offseason to work with these guys. That couldn't have hurt.

This year's offensive train wreck could be easily foreseen. Not replacing the OL coach before the season, hiring as OC a guy who had two good years at Arkansas State a virtual eternity ago, some mediocre at best seasons at Maryland and horrible as HC/OC at UMass. Allen thought he was getting the Arkansas State OC, but what he got was the UMass (a team that only won, what, three games in two seasons) HC/OC. How stupid do you have to be to call on Jaylin Lucas to run up between the guards and center, arguably the smallest guy on the field who does best in the open field making people miss? Allen should have told Bell after last week no more Lucas up the middle, ever.

Then there is the genius of Bazelak as the transfer QB target, a relatively slow of foot and slow of release QB with accuracy/judgement issues at Mizzou. You have a terrible OL and you want a statue as the QB - how could that go wrong? Of course that was probably the best they could do, who would want to transfer into IU with the prospect of having that line protect you?

I have a lot of hope generally, but my hope is now being placed in the bball squad. These guys are hopeless.

Who gave massive, handcuffing contract to trash can kicker?
It is the Tom Crean syndrome. Here is something every AD needs to remember. National Coach of the Year or #1 rankings are fleeting. Resist giving coaches a blank check until they repeat their performance.

Another thing to remember. When you make a mistake with an OC, don't compound the problem by hoping they will be better next year. They won't be better.

Those players that can leave this year will. Those that can't will be our starters. Next year will suck more.

I am just glad I am a bbal fan first cause if iu football was my number one deal oh boy. Watching penn state crush mn right now. They got major sanctions and never skipped a beat. Filling up a stadium with 110k vs iu with 30k likely makes a massive difference to recruits. Massive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT