ADVERTISEMENT

All Songs Played at a Game Should Have “Rock” in the Title

Not rock in the title: "Gimme Some Lovin'"

Rock in the title:
“We Will Rock you” by Queen (pre-game maybe)
“Rock the Casbah” by The Clash
“Rock Lobster” by The B52’s
“Rock This Town” by The Stray Cats
“For Those About to Rock” by AC/DC (Pre-game, but maybe a bit to “gun”ny for campus today
“Old Time Rock ‘n Roll” by Bob Seger
“Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo” by Rick Derringer
“Rock n Roll Never Forgets” by Bob Seger
“Crocodile Rock” by Elton John
“And the Cradle Will Rock” by Van Halen
“There’s Only one way to Rock” by Sammy Hagar (counterpoint: there simply must be more than one way to rock)

Rock in the title:
“For Those About to Rock” by AC/DC (Pre-game, but maybe a bit to “gun”ny for campus today
“There’s Only one way to Rock” by Sammy Hagar (counterpoint: there simply must be more than one way to rock)
^^^ gets it ^^^

• Haha
Reactions: Chriselli

Rock in the title:
“I Wanna Rock” by Twisted Sister

Not “rock” in the title. But I’m a believer that the right song should be very “anthem” like where it can lead 40k+ singing along loud like they’re at a piano bar.

So here’s my suggestion because it builds up and the chorus rocks.

Not “rock” in the title. But I’m a believer that the right song should be very “anthem” like where it can lead 40k+ singing along loud like they’re at a piano bar.

So here’s my suggestion because it builds up and the chorus rocks.

They did it for two straight seasons, I believe? They played Jack and Diane. If that isn’t a song that is easy to sing along with, everyone knows, and has very local flavor, then there’s no other song for us to play. Our fans are just too lame to understand and participate.

They did it for two straight seasons, I believe? They played Jack and Diane. If that isn’t a song that is easy to sing along with, everyone knows, and has very local flavor, then there’s no other song for us to play. Our fans are just too lame to understand and participate.
Or maybe with our program the thrill of livin' was gone.

I think much frustration stems from not being able to affect change. It just seemed like a cultural thing from IU admins. Fans don't turn out when they dont feel anyone else cares. Its self perpetuating.

But, I'll admit I don't understand people sitting on their hands if they are there. Make noise. Players deserve it.

Reactions: dr.jb
I've always wanted something like "paradise city" to fire up the crowd...kind of like Va Tech does with "enter sandman".....something to get the crowd going. Agree the band music needs to change-really stale!

And our end of third quarter song in games we are ahead should be:

(Fill in the blank)
Third Q non-rock in title, IU ahead in score-Queen’s “Don’t Stop Me Now” (‘cause I’m having a good time)

Rock in title-So You Want To Be A Rock & Roll Star by the Byrds (And with your hair swung right and with your pants too tight, it’s gonna be alright).

Reactions: vesuvius13
I've always wanted something like "paradise city" to fire up the crowd...kind of like Va Tech does with "enter sandman".....something to get the crowd going. Agree the band music needs to change-really stale!
I can get behind that. Way better for the vibe you'd want at a rockin night game than Mellencamp's greatest hits.

for those who don't like to actually sing or be bothered to learn lyrics:

for those who need "rock" in the lyrics (remixed for the utes):

for the old hippies in the crowd (this actually would be pretty epic at a night game because it's short & crescendos REALLY HARD):

for all the dads out there that love puns (me included): War Cigs

honestly I prefer the Cake cover though

Reactions: kmathum
I can get behind that. Way better for the vibe you'd want at a rockin night game than Mellencamp's greatest hits.

for the old hippies in the crowd (this actually would be pretty epic at a night game because it's short & crescendos REALLY HARD):

I can hear it now, 35,000 delirious Hoosiers, all in unison…“Go ask Alice, when she’s ten feet tall!” That said, the administration would never hear of it, not with the mushroom reference and knowing what the dormouse said.

Since Coach Cig is a PA guy, and since I’m biased as a Steelers fan, I would love to see them copy Renegade.

I can hear it now, 35,000 delirious Hoosiers, all in unison…“Go ask Alice, when she’s ten feet tall!” That said, the administration would never hear of it, not with the mushroom reference and knowing what the dormouse said.
You're right, of course.

But can't you picture it in your mind at a night game in a packed Rock when it gets to the back half with "the men on the chessboard" through the end.

You're right, of course.

But can't you picture it in your mind at a night game in a packed Rock when it gets to the back half with "the men on the chessboard" through the end.
My first reaction was it might be a better fit for a funeral dirge, but came the urge…the almost orgasmic (keyword: almost) crescendo culminating in “FEED YOUR HE-HEAD!” followed by dead silence, play ball, fourth quarter! Being one of the shortest songs recorded at just 2:31, we might be able to get the whole thing in before the next whistle. You might be on…excuse me, onto something.

Maybe first two mins of the Girl Talk "War Pigs" mix (have to edit it obviously)?? :D

War Pigs is awfully heavy handed. I suggest U2’s It’s A Beautiful Day (assuming it is). IU fans are always hoping for a new day so why not make it pretty with lots of fun, one won.
If we're going to go with irony, then the song to start a 4th Quarter with a lead should be "Don't Let Me Down" by the Beatles.

But, as @mattndallas showed with his War Pigs remix, we're trying to fire up students & players. Gotta have bass. Johnny Cougar ain't gonna cut it in 2023.

Reactions: dr.jb
Something fun that the fans can sing and dance to. I'd be fine with the peewee Herman tequila dance on the bar. I'd be fine with the Budweiser theme song that Wisconsin obviously stole from an advertising company.

If we're going to go with irony, then the song to start a 4th Quarter with a lead should be "Don't Let Me Down" by the Beatles.

But, as @mattndallas showed with his War Pigs remix, we're trying to fire up students & players. Gotta have bass. Johnny Cougar ain't gonna cut it in 2023.
Tribal beats with a heavy bass line always do well with crowds. I'll say it again, "Paint It Black" would work the crowd into a frenzy, guaranteed!

Reactions: TMFT and mohepa

The Fratellis is too Chicago - Blackhawks’ goal song.

And our end of third quarter song in games we are ahead should be:

(Fill in the blank)
No rock in the title but I always thought Shout by the Isley Brothers would be a great football stadium song. That's got to get the crowd going.

No rock in the title but I always thought Shout by the Isley Brothers would be a great football stadium song. That's got to get the crowd going.
The Otis Day and the Knights’ version would have better fan recognition - Animal House, 1978.

Reactions: TMFT
The Otis Day and the Knights’ version would have better fan recognition - Animal House, 1978.
Then after the W, “they’ll do a little tune for you now entitled Shamalamadingdong…..so hit it”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT