ADVERTISEMENT

Adios YungHoetz...been fun knowing you.

Gergs

All-American
Mar 9, 2003
Creaning continues....Hoetzel to transfer. Bummer...kid had some talent/potential, but also was not that surprising. Fits with the profile of our transfers.

He'll develop......

....much better under someone other than Crean.

Don't anybody mention VO......VO developed VO.

Only thing Crean develops consistently is a tan.

Kid shouldn't have seen the court this year...

Was not ready for high-level college basketball at all as a true freshman.

Of course, the exact same thing was true for Hartman last year and look how massively he improved to this year.

Guys improving as they get older and more experienced in a program. Seems like a zany idea. I wonder if some coach will try to implement this as a philosophy at some point. Could be a real game changer.

I can't stand our coach.

I have nothing vested in Hoetzel so my disgust doesn't have much to do with him. I'm just sick of the clown show. It never changes. Now Hoetzel will be in the Sweet 16 in two years when we're in the NIT or worse. It's science.

Do you remember the theory of the exCub factor?

I'm going to start rooting for the team with the highest exCrean factor.
Either kids he ran off, failed to recruit properly, or didn't recruit at all from IN.

I've seen more Xavier games this year than i normally watch.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This post was edited on 3/27 1:01 PM by IU Meathead

Of course. The late, great Mike Royko came up with that.

Royko was probably my favorite writer. How history would have been different if he would have been successful buying the Cubs instead of the Trib back in '81.

And yes, it does seem that the ex-IU factor is now the opposite of the ex-Cub factor.

That was another thing I/a lot of us said about Hartman...

Either A) don't recruit a player at a position you already have a log jam of underclassmen,

or B) recruit him and know (and let him know) it may take time for him to get major minutes, and make sure he's on board with that (this sounds like the situation w/ Hartman - a kid who was saying yes to IU, not Crean).

Either of those would be an acceptable plan. Option C) recruit a kid you know is not going to play immediately and then want to go elsewhere after you got nothing for the time you committed to him is a shitty plan that is used ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE successful.

Maybe I'll send Max my shirt as a memento for his pretty much wasted year of eligibility.

This post was edited on 3/27 1:07 PM by HA2740

Hartman was a bird in hand long before any resurgence or movement.

A domino from the Zeller commit.

Zeller->Yogi->Hartman, Davis->Blackmon, Lyles

Or were you with the people who said we should have rescinded Hartman's offer after he had already verballed after getting Hollowell, Patterson, and Hanner.

The correct answer is we should have never recruited Hollowell (or Patterson).

This post was edited on 3/27 1:25 PM by Moops

He scored 19 points in his first college game....

He had nowhere to go but down....

66d4f_tumblr_lij3yvkpRQ1qi3n3go1_500.jpg

I didn't like the signing initially, but when I went to the Crossroads

Classic I kind of liked him. He was bigger and more athletic than what I initially thought. Seems like the ideal stretch 4 for Crean. Oh well..

He would have been solid as a jr/sr. Peegs claims they tried to talk him out of it, but who knows. Heading to west coast.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Wait a second,

in the sick f'd up world of oversigning and creaning (bingeing and purging?), this may be good news. It's not 1 of the 2 kids most expected to be Creaned, and I'm guessing Priller will still be getting homesick, so maybe this means Yogi is staying and we'll get Bryant. Or maybe if not Bryant, at least the Vincennes shooting guard, because we're going to need someone to play the post!

Yep, I thought the kid had promise, especially as insurance for when Troy

is gone. Different type of player, but he could have filled a similar role with better shooting and less drives.

I think Hartman's improvement has thrown off the schedule....

I'm sure nobody on the staff ever imagined him making it to his junior year.

What stinks is that when Stevens gets here in 2016

Hoetzel would have been perfect for him. I could see Brad turning Max into a heck of a player.

Steve Lavin was just let go by St. Johns after 5 years, 4 post season

appearances, 2 NCAA appearances, a 60% winning percentage, two NBA players and 3 20 win seasons.

So that's not good enough for St. Johns but Crean's almost mirror performance is good enough for IU.

Jesus.

Oh and Marshall, one of the few proven elite coaches that are out there and looking to move to a bigger power.....is gone.

Poof!

I'm still holding out a little hope that Glass is just dumb as a fox and has a plan but I've got a bad feeling that he's another IU idiot cheerleader selling pigs#$t.

Great point because the only year St. Johns didn't make the post season

under him was when he had to take a medical leave of absence after a 2 - 2 start.

So he had 4 post seasons in 4 years, 2 NCAA's in 4 years, 3 20 win seasons in 4 years.

Good point!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT