ADVERTISEMENT

A water cooler game

Oh please.

Quit acting like a victim. When you first got here you posted awful things about your parents and rejected their view of the world. You made choices. You aren’t a victim of conservatives.

You're fvcking nuts.

Oh please.

Quit acting like a victim. When you first got here you posted awful things about your parents and rejected their view of the world. You made choices. You aren’t a victim of conservatives.
Wtf kind of response is that?

it's like Fauci, I guess every 6 months to a year, until he dies, they will drag him back to congress and bitch at him for saving lives.
Begging you to prove that Fauci saved lives. Use small words. I’m obviously not very bright.

Make sure you compare Swedish (who took practically zero insane actions like we did) deaths per capita against ours.

Here’s a hint: you’re not as smart as you think you are.

Begging you to prove that Fauci saved lives. Use small words. I’m obviously not very bright.

Make sure you compare Swedish (who took practically zero insane actions like we did) deaths per capita against ours.

Hard to compare swedish deaths to ours since different sets of standards for diagnosis create bias, but studies have shown Sweden's openness caused more death. Maybe not enough to justify lockdowns, though.

Hard to compare swedish deaths to ours since different sets of standards for diagnosis create bias, but studies have shown Sweden's openness caused more death. Maybe not enough to justify lockdowns, though.

What always gets lost in the “follow the science” crowd is the collateral damage of the lockdowns. I make nursing home rounds at 2 homes in my town. The loneliness and despair of those old people were truly heartbreaking to experience. What our government did ultimately is cry wolf, and if we truly get a pandemic with a high death rate, people are going to look back to Covid and ignore advice to shelter

What always gets lost in the “follow the science” crowd is the collateral damage of the lockdowns. I make nursing home rounds at 2 homes in my town. The loneliness and despair of those old people were truly heartbreaking to experience. What our government did ultimately is cry wolf, and if we truly get a pandemic with a high death rate, people are going to look back to Covid and ignore advice to shelter
I think you're blaming the wrong people. The people to blame are the people who wrongly accuse the government of crying wolf, as you do.

The fact is COVID was a deadly pandemic, and if the responses we implemented were not worth the costs, that's one thing, but if the public ignores the next pandemic, it won't be because of the people who overreacted, it will be because of the people who denied COVID was anything more than a cold.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

I don't usually participate in the Covid discussions, but here's a summary of an interesting study which strongly suggests that lives were saved. Of course, there was a cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
I don't usually participate in the Covid discussions, but here's a summary of an interesting study which strongly suggests that lived were saved. Of course, there was a cost.

dont
facts don't matter, wasting time with jackasses who believe what they want to believe

I don't usually participate in the Covid discussions, but here's a summary of an interesting study which strongly suggests that lived were saved. Of course, there was a cost.

The study found that vaccines and behavioral changes were inextricably linked.​
Without vaccines, behavior alone would have postponed infections, but in the end, nearly everyone would have been infected and subject to a high infection fatality rate from that first infection,” they wrote. “Without a behavioral response, vaccines would have come too late to save lives.”​
That was the whole idea. Remember "flatten the curve"?

Reactions: Bowlmania
what always gets me is the people that ignored the pandemic don't understand the collateral damage they caused by spreading covid. No one can follow the chain of infections that they caused directly or indirectly.

Without vaccines, behavior alone would have postponed infections, but in the end, nearly everyone would have been infected and subject to a high infection fatality rate from that first infection,” they wrote. “Without a behavioral response, vaccines would have come too late to save lives.”​
What's crazy trump was in charge at the time, and a self-proclaimed knower off all, he didn't have to follow Fauci's advice, had a golfing buddy who lost his 62-year-old dad to covid, he was overweight but didn't have any known health concerns. my buddy is a republican he said covid didn't kill his dad it was pneumonia; at that point I realized it's impossible to discuss covid rationally with half the populace.

what always gets me is the people that ignored the pandemic don't understand the collateral damage they caused by spreading covid. No one can follow the chain of infections that they caused directly or indirectly.
wearing a mask who gives a f_ck, even if it was totally ineffective, which it wasn't who cares, is that really a sacrifice, think of those at Dday who gave all so people can act like complete dumbasses.

Did you look at the paper?

It establishes nothing more useful than what any of us can figure out with a modicum of internet research.

The notion that distancing and avoiding crowds can minimize the risk of respiratory infections transmitted though the air isn’t exactly new information.

The study does not focus on what behavior modification is most effective and for which people. Before we shut down schools again, that kind of information would be important.

What's crazy trump was in charge at the time, and a self-proclaimed knower off all, he didn't have to follow Fauci's advice, had a golfing buddy who lost his 62-year-old dad to covid, he was overweight but didn't have any known health concerns. my buddy is a republican he said covid didn't kill his dad it was pneumonia; at that point I realized it's impossible to discuss covid rationally with half the populace.
They don't want any deaths to be attributed to covid.

Technically you could count people that died as a direct result of hospitals being overcrowded as a result of the pandemic. A lot of trickle down issues caused by all of the people that were sent to the hospital because of covid.

But not getting a vaccine, not wearing a mask and not social distancing were more important.

Last September I was on an Atlanta to Indy flight, with a guy directly behind me coughing his head off the entire flight. Three days later I tested positive for Covid for the first time and was the sickest I've been in decades. I passed on Paxlovid but got prescription medication for the cough, which was so severe I thought I was going to crack a rib.

Hardly a revelation, but I got sick because I was in close proximity to someone who was sick. Distancing makes a difference, whether it's a cold, the flu or Covid. I'm glad this happened in Sep 2023 and not 2020.

Last September I was on an Atlanta to Indy flight, with a guy directly behind me coughing his head off the entire flight. Three days later I tested positive for Covid for the first time and was the sickest I've been in decades. I passed on Paxlovid but got prescription medication for the cough, which was so severe I thought I was going to crack a rib.

Hardly a revelation, but I got sick because I was in close proximity to someone who was sick. Distancing makes a difference, whether it's a cold, the flu or Covid. I'm glad this happened in Sep 2023 and not 2020.
it's just common sense, if the jackass knew he was sick why couldn't he wear a mask, he might still have infected others but could have at least minimized the risk.

it's just common sense, if the jackass knew he was sick why couldn't he wear a mask, he might still have infected others but could have at least minimized the risk.
most people stopped carrying masks when it stopped being required. Of course, given the high chance he was sick when he left home, he was just inconsiderate.

The only time we wear masks and bring them with us is on planes when we might get stuck around inconsiderate sick people, like bowl experienced.

Reactions: Bowlmania

All of these countries in the charts had a worse death rate than Sweden did and they locked down.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I don't usually participate in the Covid discussions, but here's a summary of an interesting study which strongly suggests that lives were saved. Of course, there was a cost.

Sure. And how do we measure lives lost due to isolation and businesses crumbling all while still having a worse death rate than most of the world?

I don’t think Fauci is a bad guy. But he’s sure as hell not the hero that the Left Tribe swears he is. It’s all based on tribal nonsense. His advice ruined years of children’s lives - even when it was clear kids weren’t dying (with any scale) and cost thousands of businesses and their owners’/employees’ livelihoods. That’s a major problem and one that he doesn’t even ponder. He’s an arrogant prick.

The hero of COVID is the Omicron variant and Warp Speed for saving the lives of those at risk. Fauci had nothing to do with either.

Sure. And how do we measure lives lost due to isolation and businesses crumbling all while still having a worse death rate than most of the world?

I don’t think Fauci is a bad guy. But he’s sure as hell not the hero that the Left Tribe swears he is. It’s all based on tribal nonsense. His advice ruined years of children’s lives - even when it was clear kids weren’t dying (with any scale) and cost thousands of businesses and their owners’/employees’ livelihoods. That’s a major problem and one that he doesn’t even ponder. He’s an arrogant prick.

The hero of COVID is the Omicron variant and Warp Speed for saving the lives of those at risk. Fauci had nothing to do with either.
lives lost (if there are any legit cases of that happening) from covid restrictions is vastly lower than lives saved by a large margin.

All of these countries in the charts had a worse death rate than Sweden did and they locked down.

And tons of countries on your list locked down and ended with far better numbers than Sweden. Again, compare like to like. Why does Sweden stand out like a sore thumb among Scandinavia?

If you look at the study I linked, the answer is obvious: Sweden's refusal to lock down resulted in two very deadly waves of COVID very early in the pandemic.

Reactions: hoosboot
  • Haha
And tons of countries on your list locked down and ended with far better numbers than Sweden. Again, compare like to like. Why does Sweden stand out like a sore thumb among Scandinavia?

If you look at the study I linked, the answer is obvious: Sweden's refusal to lock down resulted in two very deadly waves of COVID very early in the pandemic.
Sweden experienced a deadly first year of COVID but resulted in better excess death ratios than most of Europe. The rest of Europe delayed the inevitable. And had Norway counted covid deaths the same way that Sweden did, they’d be closer in numbers.

Showing your ignorance
In my practice I saw a hell of a lot of sick COVID patients. Some died. Many were hospitalized. It was really bad for a couple of stretches of time. The repercussions of lockdowns, school
Closures, forced layoffs, etc…. Were significantly worse for society from my perspective in my little corner of the world. I didn’t take the disease
Lightly and mourned with family members the patients I lost. So don’t you dare call me ignorant over something I was very intimately involved with. You , sir, can GFY

In my practice I saw a hell of a lot of sick COVID patients. Some died. Many were hospitalized. It was really bad for a couple of stretches of time. The repercussions of lockdowns, school
Closures, forced layoffs, etc…. Were significantly worse for society from my perspective in my little corner of the world. I didn’t take the disease
Lightly and mourned with family members the patients I lost. So don’t you dare call me ignorant over something I was very intimately involved with. You , sir, can GFY
Then you should understand the importance of the restrictions.

So yes, you are incredibly ignorant

Did you look at the paper?

It establishes nothing more useful than what any of us can figure out with a modicum of internet research.

The notion that distancing and avoiding crowds can minimize the risk of respiratory infections transmitted though the air isn’t exactly new information.

The study does not focus on what behavior modification is most effective and for which people. Before we shut down schools again, that kind of information would be important.
Next, they'll be spending money and publishing a paper to prove that water is wet. 🤣

Reactions: WhyisIUBBcursed
In my opinion, something we don’t ponder enough is whether not trying to flatten the curve early - would have granted better herd immunity before the much more deadly Delta variant hit. Trying to keep people bottled up and avoiding the original strain may have hurt more than it helped.

We also don’t talk about how many people we killed by putting them on respirators.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
I can see why you’re so hated here by most. You’re an insufferable asshat
Nobody knows more about things than Grover. He knows these things because the progressive talking points have taught him things. We should all be honored to be in his completely-bereft-of-original-thought presence.

PS life is better with Grover on Ignore.

I think you're blaming the wrong people. The people to blame are the people who wrongly accuse the government of crying wolf, as you do.

The fact is COVID was a deadly pandemic, and if the responses we implemented were not worth the costs, that's one thing, but if the public ignores the next pandemic, it won't be because of the people who overreacted, it will be because of the people who denied COVID was anything more than a cold.
You’re discussing vague platitudes on both sides. That’s not like you. There is much more nuance to this and you know that.

Of course there were conservative asshats who declared COVID to be nothing more than a cold. But then your side forced lockdowns of the non-vulnerable, refused to explore alternate therapies, and after lying about how the vaccine would stop transmission, fired people from their jobs for not getting vaccinated. So spare me your hyperbole that conservatives are to blame for the “next pandemic”.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I'm pretty sure the sign was a key point you glossed over.

I think the point was biden wasn't responsible for their woes
Yeah, but Biden didn’t get them a NEW trailer, so F*** Joe Biden. On top of that, companies decided to charge more for all their shit, so F*** Joe Biden again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT