ADVERTISEMENT

A stop motion titled, "Indianapolis"...

Since I know nothing about Ft. Wayne (never been there), what makes this happen? Just curious....

No idea. I don't know if I've ever been to Ft Wayne. I was just busting his balls.

Growing up in the Lafayette area I don't know why I would have ever went to Ft Wayne.

I'm not mad bro, I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy and laughing.

Cracker, sometimes white cracker or cracka, is a derogatory term for white people, especially poor rural whites in the Southern United States. In reference to a native of Florida or Georgia, however, it is sometimes used in a neutral or positive context or self-descriptively with pride (see Florida cracker and Georgia cracker).

don-chow-lunch-truck-la.jpg

So you're saying you're okay with them being inbred?

That's nice..

So you're saying you're okay with them being inbred?

That's nice..
I'm a happy guy. Your insults are childish and stupid. I understand your anger being stuck in Ft. Wayne and all. If you moved you might not be the smartest guy in town. :rolleyes:

Reactions: sluggo69
I'm a happy guy. Your insults are childish and stupid. I understand your anger being stuck in Ft. Wayne and all. If you moved you might not be the smartest guy in town. :rolleyes:
So you're not okay with them being inbred? Were you born with six fingers or something?

So you're not okay with them being inbred? Were you born with six fingers or something?
Are you getting tired of this insipid "joke"? The ramblings of an wannabe like you could never hurt me, look at how much more accomplished I am.

Are you treating them, by any chance, for myopia?

See what I did there?

Zing.

I really enjoy Indy. It's a great mid size/large city.
It is really comparable to Pitt (both cities are much better than some of their national perception)
It isn't Chicago, which I love visiting as a tourist. But most people I know would never try to compare it to Chicago in anything other than Bears vs Colts, or Pacers vs Bulls.

What I can tell you, without a doubt, is both cities (all 3 if I count Pitt) are 100x better than Philly.
Philly is without a doubt the worst big city in America I've ever spent time in.

Zing.

It is really comparable to Pitt (both cities are much better than some of their national perception)
It isn't Chicago, which I love visiting as a tourist. But most people I know would never try to compare it to Chicago in anything other than Bears vs Colts, or Pacers vs Bulls.

What I can tell you, without a doubt, is both cities (all 3 if I count Pitt) are 100x better than Philly.
Philly is without a doubt the worst big city in America I've ever spent time in.
I agree on Philly - massive chithole. I enjoy Indy, and like when I catch a job down there and can stay over a night or two. Love going to the Big Ten basketball tourney there, by far better than when held in Chicago. Don't want to be labeled and anti-Indy-ite; not the case.

Zing.

Philly, Baltimore, Washington DC ...

To get out of the Lafayette area.

Certainly doesn't mean ft Wayne would be my destination. If I wanted Ft Wayne I could drive the 25 miles to Kokomo and get the same experience.

For what it's worth I think Lafayette had done a good job the past decade to revitalize is downtown. Growing up we stayed on the east side by the chain restaurants and the mall or went to the west side for sporting events. The city really has built up downtown with some nice bars/restaurants/breweries.

My wife, who grew up in Pitt really enjoys v downtown Lafayette. She loves sine of the boutique shops, wine bistro's, and DT Kirbys.

Last edited:
the level of stupidity in this post perfectly demonstrates your animosity
What animosity? I don't hate cities. that's about dumb and I'm not that shallow. Just not into lines on a map defining what is and what is not good. Do you want to fight for your city? How very 10th century of you..

That's just not true. There are a few great Midwestern cities--Chicago, Milwaukee, Indianapolis, and Madison come to mind. I like them better than either LA or New York, both of which I've visited many times. I think it's a personal preference sort of thing though. New York is just too busy and rude for me and LA is full of major league posers of all sorts. I tend to enjoy Southern cities the most, Charleston (unfortunately underwater now), New Orleans (formerly underwater), Memphis, Savannah all come to mind. The pace slower, the people nicer, the weather better, the food and music are good/great, golf, beaches, chicks with that great southern drawl, sun dresses...all the things that make life great. They could use some better breweries though they're trying to catch up.

I stand with this post.

Fort Wayne is what it is. Indy tries to be more important than it is. That's the difference.

Indy is tremendously easy to drive around. All other large cities could learn a lesson from them.

ndy is tremendously easy to drive around. All other large cities could learn a lesson from them.
That's because it's a large town, and barely qualifies as a city. fwiw - that's it's only charm and virtue, besides that the place is as boring as FW is. NTTAWWTOC < this is to avoid MD attacking me in full Colts gear yelling "Indianapolis RULEZ!" ..

That's because it's a large town, and barely qualifies as a city. fwiw - that's it's only charm and virtue, besides that the place is as boring as FW is. NTTAWWTOC < this is to avoid MD attacking me in full Colts gear yelling "Indianapolis RULEZ!" ..
You'll never see someone from Fort Wayne claim it's the greatest city in the world. But you find a guy from Indy, and there is a 50% chance he's been in at least one extensive online flame war about the "best cities EVAR."

You'll never see someone from Fort Wayne claim it's the greatest city in the world. But you find a guy from Indy, and there is a 50% chance he's been in at least one extensive online flame war about the "best cities EVAR."
Really? I really like Indianapolis but I would never tout it as the best city evar! I have to admit to not being fond of Colts fans though. As my wife put it, the Colts seem like a fake NFL team.

"The problem with Indianapolis is that is full of naptowners".....Goat "Longshanks" 1st of Fort Wayne....

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: C-$
Portland sucks. Please tell everyone you know to never ever move here.
I know some people who grew up there and still have family in Portland.

They tell it is awesome if you are in to homeless people traveling between Seattle and LA, or if you are in to heroin.

Reactions: C-$
I know some people who grew up there and still have family in Portland.

They tell it is awesome if you are in to homeless people traveling between Seattle and LA, or if you are in to heroin.
Why else would I dig it? Seriously though, the beer is awesome and the river running through downtown is pretty cool too.

This thread SUCKS.

What would make places like the Fort and Indy "not boring" to you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT