ADVERTISEMENT

A moral question I'm struggling with

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
95 percent chance Purdue will be playing in Gainbridge the opening round of the NCAA tournament. if you had access to 4 really good seats. and you had family members that were Purdue fans. would you give them the tickets or put them on the stubhub and make a few bucks?

95 percent chance Purdue will be playing in Gainbridge the opening round of the NCAA tournament. if you had access to 4 really good seats. and you had family members that were Purdue fans. would you give them the tickets or put them on the stubhub and make a few bucks?
Easy. Stubhub. Sell them to whatever mid major is gonna take them out this year. Win/win.

Easy, offer to family for free!

I’ve gotten lots of joy over the years letting rabid IU fans use my 4 season tickets.

My wife and sister in law are Purdue grads. I wouldnt sell them to my sister in law even if she offered more than I put them up on stubhub for. Shes so annoying even other Purdue fans would hate her.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
You didn't say what type of family members they are. Brothers? Uncles? If they are immediate family members....early Christmas present or birthday present. Gonna see them all the time. If second cousin...well, they can pay for the tickets and be glad they got them.

How much you want for them?

Do you like your family? Family always comes first for me, even if it hurts a little.
Agree, God, Country, Family!

I have friends/family that align with IU and I would always put them ahead of a sports rival. I value them more than any rivalry.

I would feel sad for those who harbor such hatred and can't get passed it. That goes both ways, UU and Purdue are fine institutions that reside in our great state. Perhaps, read your Bible more and less sports pages.

Agree, God, Country, Family!

I have friends/family that align with IU and I would always put them ahead of a sports rival. I value them more than any rivalry.

I would feel sad for those who harbor such hatred and can't get passed it. That goes both ways, UU and Purdue are fine institutions that reside in our great state. Perhaps, read your Bible more and less sports pages.
well then send me 6k and I will let them know some anonymous Christian wanted them to go to the games. wwjd

• Haha
Reactions: Bucket Getter
How the hell does PU always manage to luck out on their tournament draws...playing in Gainbridge like that? When they went to their last Final Four in 1980, they were in Market Sq. Arena. IU often gets shipped out to the West Coast to become toast.

I would check value on Stubhub but they don’t draw well outside of WL so value may be much greater to give them to family

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AceGilligan
No question, give them to family for free. Get extra brownie points with wife. Of course, I'm divorced, so don't take advice from me. LOL

How the hell does PU always manage to luck out on their tournament draws...playing in Gainbridge like that? When they went to their last Final Four in 1980, they were in Market Sq. Arena. IU often gets shipped out to the West Coast to become toast.
because high seeds get preference, every time Indy host something we either miss the tournament or made it as a bubble team. I always go when they host something, last time I saw iu play an Indy ncaa game it was at the Hoosier dome think about that. over the years though have seen Louisville and uk play up there several times always pisses me off

Reactions: Tammany Hall
they will pack Indianapolis
kurt, I get a big kick out of most of your posts. Drunk, sober, or anything in between, you bring good hilarity to this forum during a shatshow of a season. But I promise you I’ll block you in a nanosecond if you don’t sell those ducats for $6k to whoever PU plays. I need to know someone around here has done his part to bring about another epic boiler down moment. Capiche?

Stubhub, no question. They'll still be your family members.

kurt, I get a big kick out of most of your posts. Drunk, sober, or anything in between, you bring good hilarity to this forum during a shatshow of a season. But I promise you I’ll block you in a nanosecond if you don’t sell those ducats for $6k to whoever PU plays. I need to know someone around here has done his part to bring about another epic boiler down moment. Capiche?
one time for the big 10 tournament believe it or not we were a 1 seed, I bought section 5 tickets for wife and 2 kids spent a shit load of money but thought what the hell. we played Friday about 3 o clock prepaid for a room at the Conrad till Monday morning to save about 30 a night off the rate. Friday about 5 30 I was walking the streets of Indy as pissed off as I've ever been in my life. some asshole named Duncan Robinson who I never heard of at the time buried a 3 to beat us.

so, the moral of the story if I'm going to make a profit selling to a Purdooie ,and they lose it would be the greatest outcome.

one time for the big 10 tournament believe it or not we were a 1 seed, I bought section 5 tickets for wife and 2 kids spent a shit load of money but thought what the hell. we played Friday about 3 o clock prepaid for a room at the Conrad till Monday morning to save about 30 a night off the rate. Friday about 5 30 I was walking the streets of Indy as pissed off as I've ever been in my life. some asshole named Duncan Robinson who I never heard of at the time buried a 3 to beat us.

so, the moral of the story if I'm going to make a profit selling to a Purdooie ,and they lose it would be the greatest outcome.
😂😂😂 Never thought of it that way!

I’d still like to smack that dumbass look off Robinson’s face. How in the hell did that dude start out in D3 or whatever it was?

But have you ever gotten joy giving them to PU fans? lol
I lose track of time. I imagine it’s been 10 years ago I gave my tickets to a IU-Purdue game to a family from home. Both spouses were Purdue grads and great people.

Season tickets holders around me told me the next game they were respectful during the entire butt whooping Purdue gave us.

I lose track of time. I imagine it’s been 10 years ago I gave my tickets to a IU-Purdue game to a family from home. Both spouses were Purdue grads and great people.

Season tickets holders around me told me the next game they were respectful during the entire butt whooping Purdue gave us.
One of the guys I sit with at football games gave his tickets to some O$U fans when we were playing them. He said "Oh, don't worry - they're really nice. They're not obnoxious. They're from my church"

Well, that was a lie. They were the most obnoxious fans I've sat around. I told him if he ever did that again, he could find someone else to sit with.

One of the guys I sit with at football games gave his tickets to some O$U fans when we were playing them. He said "Oh, don't worry - they're really nice. They're not obnoxious. They're from my church"

Well, that was a lie. They were the most obnoxious fans I've sat around. I told him if he ever did that again, he could find someone else to sit with.
Understand. I knew these people very well. They caused no issues.

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT