ADVERTISEMENT

A 5th year player...

121512aaj.jpg
517600174_c_294_220.jpg

Just because he's waiting doesn't mean we're second fiddle. It just means that the coaching situation is going to play into his decision - as it should.

If IU were not behind ISU, why would his decision be delayed specifically to see if Hoiberg is hired by the Bulls? You need to stop seriously arguing with OS so much; its making you dumb.

If IU were not behind ISU, why would his decision be delayed specifically to see if Hoiberg is hired by the Bulls? You need to stop seriously arguing with OS so much; its making you dumb.
I've already explained this.

Maybe he hasn't made up his mind yet.

Period.

Maybe he's even leaning IU, but he's not close enough to pull the trigger.

So he's waiting.

This isn't complicated.

Hell, maybe we are second fiddle. Certainly wouldn't surprise me. But the mere fact that he's waiting to decide doesn't prove it.

All it proves is that he isn't ready to make a decision.

Isn't Iowa State projected to be a Top 10 team next year? They aren't Incarnate Word.

Then the reason for the delay is I haven't made up my mind yet or some other bullshit, not something as exact and unambiguous as I'm holding off on a decision to see what happens with the coaching situation at Iowa State.

Then the reason for the delay is I haven't made up my mind yet or some other bullshit, not something as exact and unambiguous as I'm holding off on a decision to see what happens with the coaching situation at Iowa State.
People are reading too much into this, is all I'm saying. Kid hasn't made up his mind yet. That's it. He's probably not even that important.

I don't think you are the one who needs to speak slowly. Let me try this again:

Maybe.
He.
Just.
Hasn't.
Made.
A.
Decision.
Yet.

That doesn't mean we are second fiddle or a fallback. It just means he hasn't decided yet. If that's the case, of course what Hoiberg does will weigh on his decision.
It is entirely possible he hasn't decided. Or more likely, faced with the opportunity to play one year with a team that is ranked in the too early top 25 at #5, he wants to make sure the head coach will be there before he picks them. Like us, Iowa State was not big and needs depth in the post.

I think he is handling his decision the right way.

People are reading too much into this, is all I'm saying. Kid hasn't made up his mind yet. That's it. He's probably not even that important.

I'm starting to agree with you Goat...and along those lines, I don't think Crean has been given enough time. I think most people are reading way too much into his entire body of work and are not giving him a fair chance to succeed at IU...I mean, look at what he started with! How did he know Luke Fischer and Cody Zeller and Victor Olidipo and Noah Vonleh would all leave early? How was he supposed to know that all of those lenient punishments wouldn't work? How was he supposed to know that April and Priller wouldn't be all big ten?

Max is probably just doing the crossword, eating a donut, shooting some free throws and hasn't given much thought to this at all...especially in trying to figure out where teams rank in his decision making process. I'd be surprised if we don't hear a decision until October...what's the rush? IU can just Crean someone else to make room for him...or better yet, just pass on other opportunities that could potentially make the team better while a 5th year senior graduate transfer who will more than likely play a back up roll would rather play for Hoiberg or some other unknown coach at ISU or at IU for CTC.

Reactions: IUecho87 and C-$
I'm starting to agree with you Goat...and along those lines, I don't think Crean has been given enough time. I think most people are reading way too much into his entire body of work and are not giving him a fair chance to succeed at IU...I mean, look at what he started with! How did he know Luke Fischer and Cody Zeller and Victor Olidipo and Noah Vonleh would all leave early? How was he supposed to know that all of those lenient punishments wouldn't work? How was he supposed to know that April and Priller wouldn't be all big ten?

Max is probably just doing the crossword, eating a donut, shooting some free throws and hasn't given much thought to this at all...especially in trying to figure out where teams rank in his decision making process.
Sigh...

WTF is wrong with you?

Reactions: Doc Buggins and C-$
I'd tell you, but I'm still haven't made a decision. It's not because I haven't ranked my answers, I just haven't made a decision. Trust me...you're high up on that list to tell, but I'm debating on whether I should tell Fender or whomever replaces Fender at his next meltdown first...but that doesn't mean I have made a decision or that you aren't the top choice...I just haven't made a decision.

Reactions: C-$
Not really...I just haven't' made my decision...I mean, Fender doesn't really rank ahead of you in importance but I want to see what he does and who replaces him before I make my decision and whether I tell you at all.

Reactions: C-$
I have...You clearly are unable to understand a simple concept...but that's ok. Then again, you probably haven't had enough time to really think about it and make the appropriate decision.

Creaned from Michigan who averages 5 PPG or so for his career and people are losing their GD minds about waiting on a decision from him.

What the f*** am I missing here?
lmao. My post on the freebie (basically the same thing I posted in this thread) got deleted. That's friggin' hilarious. You gotta be kidding me.

Just because he's waiting doesn't mean we're second fiddle. It just means that the coaching situation is going to play into his decision - as it should.

You sound like the Freebie folks who don't understand why IU doesn't simply get to pick and choose which players they sign every year, and let the other schools fight over the scraps.

What a ratard...

It's not between Hoiberg and Crean. It's between Hoibergs backup and Ctean.

Only way IU has a shot is if ISU doesn't hire the preferred assistant.

Reactions: IUecho87
Worst case scenario is that he helps keep Crean from giving the scholarship to a low rated FR who wont see the floor and take up a scholarship for 2-3 years until he "gets homesick"

Max's scholarship will be available next year no matter what he does on the floor.

I hope he can contribute, but even if he has little impact Im ok with this signing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT