ADVERTISEMENT

82 Scholly's currently on roster as of 3/25/20

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
https://indiana.rivals.com/news/indiana-football-2020-scholarship-chart-2

That leaves three for after spring graduation transfers or possible walk on awards.

I know Swann at DE from Stanford is one I've heard about. Not sure where else needed (and are there preferred walk ons might want to save one-two for?)

Bigger item: only 10 seniors on the team next year. A TON of returning talent still in the pipeline. Imagine this year's FR class will be able to RS at least 50% of them. Very bullish of how the program is shaping up, how it looks now, etc.

If IU has another 8 or more win season, think the 2021 class will be one of best we've had and put IU to be positioned for continued success seemingly for few years after that. It takes time to build a winner but IU seems poised to be on the cusp of something we haven't seen in years. Go CTA!!

I'd like to see a quality MAC QB looking to get a jump start on a graduate degree and is comfortable being a #2 or #3 in the B1G.

I really want to let the freshmen RS if possible, and having an additional capable QB in the room would mean a lot.

Also, unless they can somehow land a home run undergrad transfer, I'd like to see another grad transfer to keep the classes balanced and let the coaches be more strategic and focused each year on what they're exactly looking for in recruits.

I agree that being able to RS a big FR class (for the most part) is such a blessing.

It's going to be a really important next 3 years for the program because it'll either be build on what's been done, or bust and start again. I'm a believer that it'll be the former.

For my money, you can never have too many good LB and WR.

Agree...,but it sounds like we are still in the market for a "swing" OL type (who can play two or even three slots on the Offensive Line), and while I like the thought of a game breaker type at WR heading here, we might get more bang for the buck by bringing in a really good RB who's also a really good receiver...

You never can have too many good LB's but it looks like we are full up at that position...

Last edited:
I'd like to see a quality MAC QB looking to get a jump start on a graduate degree and is comfortable being a #2 or #3 in the B1G.

I really want to let the freshmen RS if possible, and having an additional capable QB in the room would mean a lot.

Also, unless they can somehow land a home run undergrad transfer, I'd like to see another grad transfer to keep the classes balanced and let the coaches be more strategic and focused each year on what they're exactly looking for in recruits.

I agree that being able to RS a big FR class (for the most part) is such a blessing.

It's going to be a really important next 3 years for the program because it'll either be build on what's been done, or bust and start again. I'm a believer that it'll be the former.
That's how Coach Mallory built his program,,,,by redshirting the entire offensive line the year before Anthony Thompson was recruited. Going to Ohio Stadium[1987] & watching the OL completely dominate the Buckeyes made my bucket list!

Agree...,but it sounds like we are still in the market for a "swing" OL type (who can play two or even three slots on the Offensive Line), and while I like the thought of a game breaker type at WR heading here, we might get more bag for the buck by bringing in a really good RB who's also a really good receiver...

You never can have too many good LB's but it looks like we are full up at that position...

That sounds possibly like the Arkansas RB grad transfer then? Seems like would be a good pick up for insurance.

Agree...,but it sounds like we are still in the market for a "swing" OL type (who can play two or even three slots on the Offensive Line), and while I like the thought of a game breaker type at WR heading here, we might get more bag for the buck by bringing in a really good RB who's also a really good receiver...

For this swing OL type do you have any names?

For this swing OL type do you have any names?

Lost track of those guys.

I've been more focused on gearing up for dealing with a rolling pandemic (that could go on for up to a full year by some estimates)...

I'm trying to make sure I've done everything I can afford to do (within reason and without wasting resources someone else might eventually need) to take care of my family and my grandsons...

Sorry for injecting the reality of that back in... Guess I just should have said no...

Lost track of those guys.

I've been more focused on gearing up for dealing with a rolling pandemic (that could go on for up to a full year by some estimates)...

I'm trying to make sure I've done everything I can afford to do (within reason and without wasting resources someone else might eventually need) to take care of my family and my grandsons...

Sorry for injecting the reality of that back in... Guess I just should have said no...

Don't go by the estimates as they are usually wrong. I hope they are really wrong and things can get back to normal soon. Personally I would have preferred a more measured response to this virus but understand the concern and shut down.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
Don't go by the estimates as they are usually wrong. I hope they are really wrong and things can get back to normal soon. Personally I would have preferred a more measured response to this virus but understand the concern and shut down.

Sounds good.

I'm going by my own estimates based on what I'm seeing around the world.

In my opinion, this thing (COVID19) isn't going to be even close to over by Easter...

I'd be Very surprised if we don't get hit by 2 more waves of it all the way through next July (by then we should have a mix of "herd immunity", several newly validated courses of treatment, and hopefully a vaccine)... Prior to all that happening I don't see this going away rapidly...

Positive thinking is great (and helpful) though...

I do want to make it clear I'm not hoarding. It's too late for that anyway.

I'm just ordering up things like a couple of extra bottles of vitamins for the grandkids and some canned goods (prettty slim pickings) to round out what's on hand.

Problem there is you don't know who packed the package, so I'm about to wrap that up...

Back to Football...:

I think we are/were in on an Offensive Lineman from Akron but that may be incorrect...

Last edited:
Reactions: red hornet
Let's not get into it on this thread. You know you're just instigating things by insinuating this response is extreme. It's denialist to think the current response is anything but cowardly and wildly insufficient. You're suggesting it is the literal opposite.

Thats my fault...

The answer is: I thought I recalled a guy from Akron (grad transfer) and one other guy whose name escapes me...

One thought that's comforting is that Tom Allen and staff has proven they can recruit.

The handicap now is that they can't show them the facilities, the Team, or the campus.

Okafar from Texas really high end recruit just went into Portal has played guard as well as tackle one year to play.

I like having a few one-year to play transfers. They know it is their last hurrah, seem to want a fresh start, and can hopefully contribute right away. But think the 2-4 a year max is all, I like building through recruitment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT