ADVERTISEMENT

6 for 65 yards

The total amount of penalties,the last 3 games.
That’s pretty good for an aggressive,physical defense.
Could have been much, much worse. There were some penalties - obvious penalties - that didn't get called.

Of course, Wiscy committed many obvious penalties that didn't get called too. Once when Mertz scrambled to the right our DL was close on his trail and about to catch up to him when a Wiscy OL reached out and grabbed the DL's jersey . . . Mertz ran for a 1st down on that play . . . ultimately it didn't matter because IU's defense stiffened, but I got hoarse yelling at the refs for not calling that one.

Could have been much, much worse. There were some penalties - obvious penalties - that didn't get called.

Of course, Wiscy committed many obvious penalties that didn't get called too. Once when Mertz scrambled to the right our DL was close on his trail and about to catch up to him when a Wiscy OL reached out and grabbed the DL's jersey . . . Mertz ran for a 1st down on that play . . . ultimately it didn't matter because IU's defense stiffened, but I got hoarse yelling at the refs for not calling that one.
I’ve noticed a lot of missed holding calls this years both ways.
You have to wonder if some of the missed calls on us has anything to do with the year we are having?
Otherwise known as the Ohio St/Michigan factor.

You have to wonder if some of the missed calls on us has anything to do with the year we are having?
I was looking at NCAA stats last night, and B1G teams are among the least penalized in the country...you're on to something about them letting more go this year.

I’ve watched and then re-watched every game and many of the big plays for the opposing offense have our DL guys receiving a lot of shirt grabbing.

Has anyone else noticed that we seem to have a few younger refs working the games this year? I wonder if some of the older refs retired or opted out due to covid. Been looking at their faces during discussions on penalties or replays.

Just my 2 cents on the subject...

Reactions: 76-1 and Chriselli
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT