ADVERTISEMENT

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
Not sure if anyone else here was at the game, but Marcelino Ball was noticeably favoring the right leg on the sidelines. Now that may be due to a heavy brace/wrap (it was white), but it was noticeable and consistent.

Saw it and bummed me out as that wouldn't look great for him being available next week. Was hoping 2 weeks off and he'd be able to return. Guess TBD.

Not sure if anyone else here was at the game, but Marcelino Ball was noticeably favoring the right leg on the sidelines. Now that may be due to a heavy brace/wrap (it was white), but it was noticeable and consistent.
Yup, didn’t look promising for him to play anytime soon.

Hmmm... I thought it was his left leg he was favoring with a black brace. The leg was stiff and not bending at the knee. Reminded me of when I had knee surgery. Hope it is not too serious but I would not expect him back anytime soon.

Hmmm... I thought it was his left leg he was favoring with a black brace. The leg was stiff and not bending at the knee. Reminded me of when I had knee surgery. Hope it is not too serious but I would not expect him back anytime soon.

The brace/wrap on his left leg was definitely white. Black on the right.

I sprained my knee in a softball game a week before my freshman year in college. I wore a knee brace for 6 weeks. I'm sure if I had access to a training staff and rehab facilities like Ball has that I would have been back much sooner. It was more for support after a couple of weeks. If they didn't need to do surgery, then I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in 2-3 more weeks.

I sprained my knee in a softball game a week before my freshman year in college. I wore a knee brace for 6 weeks. I'm sure if I had access to a training staff and rehab facilities like Ball has that I would have been back much sooner. It was more for support after a couple of weeks. If they didn't need to do surgery, then I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in 2-3 more weeks.

IU needs him.

IU needs him.
IIRC we played a true 3rd linebacker most of the game last year at UM to counter their run game. Didn't Covington get a lot of snaps alongside Scales and Oliver in that game ? Curious whether we might do it again, especially with their passing problems last week. Of course they have a chance to prepare for that this year.

Anyway, this might be a better situation for IU than some games if Ball isn't available.

IIRC we played a true 3rd linebacker most of the game last year at UM to counter their run game. Didn't Covington get a lot of snaps alongside Scales and Oliver in that game ? Curious whether we might do it again, especially with their passing problems last week. Of course they have a chance to prepare for that this year.

Anyway, this might be a better situation for IU than some games if Ball isn't available.

I think that is the way you go in this case.

I think you're correct, Covington had a big game at UM, IIRC. Covington is a better LB than Oliver in a lot of ways. I think Oliver made more plays maybe, but Covington is a more qualified athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT