ADVERTISEMENT

#28 AP , #27 coaches poll

HereYouGoIU

Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2019
Hoosier Country in Brown County
7-2, 4-2 hell of a season for sure but. I figured as much couple weeks ago before Nebraska game. If we were to win. No way we get ranked after NW. NOBODY believes in us

He got one thing right. Our INDIANA HOOSIERS WILL GET IT DONE 35-24.

Stevie helps seal the deal at the end, 20 carries, 125+ 1 TD

Whop and Hendershot have bounce games after last week @ MD. Westbrook gets another nice TD.

Will be 6-2 overall, 3-2 in B1G.

The world still isnt on notice, no chance for top 25 after another road B1G win in Lincoln, nobody cares except for the rest of the teams we play this season, NW, UM, PSU, PU.

How quickly will our national recognition change after beating NW at home by 14+. Some national buzz?

Michigan game is what brings serious national attention. Set up perfectly for a huge home W. With a win goto top 25, game at PSU is gravy (losing won’t hurt us)

Then Winning bucket over PU to round out one of the best seasons in IU history. With even more potential for next season.

This isn’t your daddy or grandfathers IU FB team.

WE ARE THE NEW GENERATION OF IU FB HOOSIERS, winners!

Hence it was obvious two weeks in advance we wouldn’t get ranked even if winning at Neb, wining at home Vs. NW. I THINK WE ALL KNEW THAT.

So if we lose at PSU, it won’t hurt us. (Pray we can win)

the REAL DEAL IS VS MICHIGAN.

THIS IS THE GAME THAT PUTS US ON THE MAP. We win, goto 8-3, 5-3 BIG. We finally break top 25... FINALLY.

Then we round out season with Purwho. #9WIndiana (discussion for another day)

MICHIGAN IS THE KEY GAME. Who else agrees?

Win the bucket and the bowl game. 9-4 would be best case scenario.

Beating juggernauts is still a pipe dream. Gotta beat Purdue to finish 5-4 in the conference.

IU hasn't won 9 games in over 50 flipping years. Yeah, that is enough for me.

Beating juggernauts is still a pipe dream. Gotta beat Purdue to finish 5-4 in the conference.

I wouldnt call Michigan a juggernaut.
The last 2 times they were in bloomington (2015,2017) the game went to overtime. And that was in my opinion with less talented and less confident IU teams. In my opinion they are very beatable.

My point was we don’t get ranked unless we beat a Michigan (or PSU, yeah sure)

And if we don’t beat PSU or Michigan, we won’t be ranked but that’s no big deal. Was speaking just to rankings.

We lose to both and then beat Purwho, still an amazing accomplishment as well all know. F*ck, 8 wins going into bowl game is freaking fabulous!!!

Reactions: 82IU and td75
7-2, 4-2 hell of a season for sure but. I figured as much couple weeks ago before Nebraska game. If we were to win. No way we get ranked after NW. NOBODY believes in us

Hence it was obvious two weeks in advance we wouldn’t get ranked even if winning at Neb, wining at home Vs. NW. I THINK WE ALL KNEW THAT.

THIS IS THE GAME THAT PUTS US ON THE MAP. We win, goto 8-3, 5-3 BIG. We finally break top 25... FINALLY.

we have a real good shot at MU.

I desperately want Indiana to put the hammer on Michigan. It will be a tremendous game because IU is playing with swagger. The offensive line is playing well, Stevie is running very hard and the defense is flying around. We have a talented field goal kicker that might serve Michigan Justice at the gun!!!

The playoff committee rankings will come out today or tomorrow. We have a better chance of being ranked there being the first poll and we dont have to jump teams. That will be the poll just about everybody uses going forward.

Reactions: Hoosier009
Don't write off PSU as a loss yet. Who would have guessed 7-2. I bet the team feels they can win.

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
I won’t lie, as a Purdue fan I was dreading seeing this weeks poll because I thought for sure IU would be given that 25th spot and end their streak of being unranked. Personally I do think they should have been given the spot fwiw

I agree, UM and PU are both playing well last few games. Both huge challenges

Frost and staff made p u look good. I'm hoping beyond hope Nebraska doesn't fire that crew before we get to play them again...

Michigan worries me. They're playing better since the 2nd half of the P$U game...
I want that W against Michigan badly....! It's doable...

Penn State at their place looks to be a tall order...

I fully expect Indiana to be ranked on Sunday. #18 Iowa plays at Wisconsin. #20 KSU plays at #26 Texas (we will pass one of those two.) #22 Wake Forest plays at Virginia Tech. I think we will pass Iowa, KSU, and Wake and will enter the poll at #25.

I fully expect Indiana to be ranked on Sunday. #18 Iowa plays at Wisconsin. #20 KSU plays at #26 Texas (we will pass one of those two.) #22 Wake Forest plays at Virginia Tech. I think we will pass Iowa, KSU, and Wake and will enter the poll at #25.
I was thinking same. We may get ranked after the bye week depending on how others do.
Go Hoosiers!

While an early ranking would be nice I'd much rather win these next three and the Bowl game (while bringing home the Bucket)...

Do that and the rankings will take care of themselves...

Force them to notice you...

I'd take not being beat up a bunch. To win in West Layfette..
That to me.. Is a hellva season. !
These next two games are against a bunch of hard hitters..

Wake forest, Kansas st, and Boise all have good tests this week. If any combo of those teams lose then you guys have a shot at getting in the top 25 just by having a bye week this week.

Frost and staff made p u look good. I'm hoping beyond hope Nebraska doesn't fire that crew before we get to play them again...

Michigan worries me. They're playing better since the 2nd half of the P$U game...
I want that W against Michigan badly....! It's doable...

Penn State at their place looks to be a tall order...
Frost knows full well that culture changes don’t happen overnight. He’s an excellent coach at a school that values football. We caught them at a good time, when they’re way down. They won’t be in that spot forever, though.

Wake forest, Kansas st, and Boise all have good tests this week. If any combo of those teams lose then you guys have a shot at getting in the top 25 just by having a bye week this week.

Actually, I think its probably better for IU if KSU beats Texas. If Texas wins, they will definitely be back in the top 25. This is possibly neutral, with Texas and KSU just swapping spots in the top 25. However, there is a good chance (probably 50-50) that KSU only drops a sport or 2 and stays in the rankings even with a loss, especially if KSU keeps it close in Austin.

We can move into the top 25 next week without playing a game. A couple of losses or bad performances can move us up.

If you are into conspiracies, how much better would our next game look to the networks if both teams were ranked?

Reactions: Chriselli
1. Beat Purdue by three scores
2. Get everyone to next season healthy
3. Retain DeBoer

We don’t have to beat Penn State or Michigan for this to be considered a very successful season.

We might be ranked in the CFP poll tomorrow. SDSU, Navy, and Cincy aren’t very deserving

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT