ADVERTISEMENT

247sports composite names final 2019 class rankings..

jimmygoiu

All-American
Sep 5, 2001
IU has two 4 stars in #27 TJD and #128 AFranklin.

The broilees limped in with 3, 3 stars in #147 BNewmann, #187 MGillis and #196 Ronnie Johnson uh, I mean IThompson.

This is the second straight year that IU and Archie controlled the state of Indiana and the top recruits vs the broilees.

Rivals...this site...has Purdue ranked ahead of IU...35th/42nd, or 4th/6th in B10.
It only includes the 2 HS seniors willing to play for Archie’s Hoosiers...not Brunk.

I dont recall in Purdue has any transfers or grad transfers not taken into account.

Rivals...this site...has Purdue ranked ahead of IU...35th/42nd, or 4th/6th in B10.
It only includes the 2 HS seniors willing to play for Archie’s Hoosiers...not Brunk.

I dont recall in Purdue has any transfers or grad transfers not taken into account.

Oh shut the f*** up with this shit...

“It only includes the 2 HS seniors willing to play for Archie’s Hoosiers...”

2 years into a new coach and you dumbasses are all in for Purdue. Why not take a Purdue online class, buy the gear, and make it official...lol

I really don't understand, and I assume this occurs more with younger fans, what the fascination is with recruiting. Who really cares as long as the season is rewarding? Purdue is the perfect example for this and yet here we have a thread devoted to comparing IU vs PU recruiting. Personally I'm a lot more concerned with whether IU will be able to gain on Purdue in the Big Ten standings. Obviously, when IU leads 28 to 11 in procuring Mr. Basketball yet Purdue has had no trouble in winning conference titles over the years should show you all you need to know.

I really don't understand, and I assume this occurs more with younger fans, what the fascination is with recruiting. Who really cares as long as the season is rewarding? Purdue is the perfect example for this and yet here we have a thread devoted to comparing IU vs PU recruiting. Personally I'm a lot more concerned with whether IU will be able to gain on Purdue in the Big Ten standings. Obviously, when IU leads 28 to 11 in procuring Mr. Basketball yet Purdue has had no trouble in winning conference titles over the years should show you all you need to know.
Purdue is all peak regular season and then choke in postseason against higher level talent that Purdue can never recruit. Rinse, repeat. Same story, every year. For the entire history of Purdue.. Looks like the sucks chant is self reflecting for PU fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Courtsensethree
Purdue is all peak regular season and then choke in postseason against higher level talent that Purdue can never recruit. Rinse, repeat. Same story, every year. For the entire history of Purdue.. Looks like the sucks chant is self reflecting for PU fans.

If you are saying that talent gets you over the hump, well sure, but again, the lowly recruit Carsen Edwards absolutely torched the tournament. IU got past Duke and Oklahoma in 2002 with Odle, Newton, Hornsby and Perry complementing the few "elite" recruits on the team.
What I am saying is that team play and thorough buy in supplemented by a couple or a few stars is a better recipe that all aces.

People talking trash about a school that regularly throttles IU is the definition of a loser mentality. Pointing to recruit rankings when the program is in the bottom half of the BiG is just basketball ignorance.

2 years into a new coach and you dumbasses are all in for Purdue. Why not take a Purdue online class, buy the gear, and make it official...lol
That was just a portion of my post...which was true in its entirety.

That was just a portion of my post...which was true in its entirety.

And that's the problem.

If someone made you a ham sandwich, placed a turd on top and spread it in like mustard, and explained that the turd only made up 10% of the sandwich, would you:

A. Call it a ham sandwich and munch away?
B. Call it a $hit sandwich and throw it away?

Most posters here choose Option B.

And that's the problem.

If someone made you a ham sandwich, placed a turd on top and spread it in like mustard, and explained that the turd only made up 10% of the sandwich, would you:

A. Call it a ham sandwich and munch away?
B. Call it a $hit sandwich and throw it away?

Most posters here choose Option B.
Be easy on Archies recruiting - Im not ready to cal it a shit sandwich yet...there are still 2 scholarships to come into play...

I can't like this post enough.

Reactions: YOTHN and jimmygoiu

IU only had 2 scholarships available prior to April, and IU filled them preseason with 2 four stars from Indiana, one of whom is a McD AA and Mr. Basketball. WHEN scholarships became available, Archie replaced one non-producer with grad transfer JBrunk who WILL help the team and fill a need.

A helluva lot of HS seniors are "willing" to play for Archie and IU. Unlike TanTommy von Clapperson, Archie does not fling scholarship offers to any warm body, but offers available scholarships to kids that can play and help IU. There will still be players that don't work out, but there won't ever be talent levels approaching Gelon, Priller, Jobe, April, Muniro. Archie knows what he is doing.

Don't read it then, and devote your time to fpeuagh and cryano's posts. You will sure get basketball info gems from those two.

Oh, and this 247SportsComposite is the FINAL 2019 class rankings for that site, which factors in all of the major recruiting site ratings, fyi.

Last edited:

the broilees majority of Big Ten titles and victories over IU occurred PRIOR to 1940, which is the advent of modern bball, as the NCAA championships began in 1939. IU has won significantly more B1G titles and head to head games vs the broilees in that span. I guess I should mention IU's 5 NCAA national championships that occurred in that period too. Just setting the record straight...

Unlike TanTommy von Clapperson, Archie does not fling scholarship offers to any warm body, but offers available scholarships to kids that can play and help IU.

How many offers are out for the 2020 class?
How many spots will seniors vacate on next years roster?

How many offers are out for the 2020 class?
How many spots will seniors vacate on next years roster?

I believe that IU has offered 11 incoming seniors. There are currently 4 spots available, if 2 carry over from this year (which I believe at least one will be filled). The offers are to solid players that project as B1G level talents. Even you know that ALL universities offer more kids than available scholarships. If you did not know that, I am glad to help you. See, this thread is very informative to all...

IU only had 2 scholarships available prior to April, and IU filled them preseason with 2 four stars from Indiana, one of whom is a McD AA and Mr. Basketball. WHEN scholarships became available, Archie replaced one non-producer with grad transfer JBrunk who WILL help the team and fill a need.

A helluva lot of HS seniors are "willing" to play for Archie and IU. Unlike TanTommy von Clapperson, Archie does not fling scholarship offers to any warm body, but offers available scholarships to kids that can play and help IU. There will still be players that don't work out, but there won't ever be talent levels approaching Gelon, Priller, Jobe, April, Muniro. Archie knows what he is doing.
Did you miss a guy by the name of Forrester last year?

Rivals has TJD at 35th. I really think he is a three to four year guy. There is zero chance he is one and done.

Rivals has TJD at 35th. I really think he is a three to four year guy. There is zero chance he is one and done.

Depends on how good he is, he probably is NOT a OAD, but if he kills it he could be a 2AD. The things that hold a lot of players back are size or body and he doesn't have that issue.

IU has two 4 stars in #27 TJD and #128 AFranklin.

The broilees limped in with 3, 3 stars in #147 BNewmann, #187 MGillis and #196 Ronnie Johnson uh, I mean IThompson.

This is the second straight year that IU and Archie controlled the state of Indiana and the top recruits vs the broilees.

Congratulations, TGD is a very nice player. Despite what 1 service says though, I'm pretty sure Boiler fans are happy with this class too.

Reactions: OhioBoiler51
Jerome Hunter is better than any player Painter is getting from the last two year's...

An Eric Hunter in the hand is worth 2 Jerome Hunters in the bush.
the broilees majority of Big Ten titles and victories over IU occurred PRIOR to 1940, which is the advent of modern bball, as the NCAA championships began in 1939. IU has won significantly more B1G titles and head to head games vs the broilees in that span. I guess I should mention IU's 5 NCAA national championships that occurred in that period too. Just setting the record straight...

Last 40 years,
IU 10 titles, Purdue 9 titles.
Quinones and Watford are still announcing, so the ranking isn't "final" for any relevant usefulness.

Did you miss a guy by the name of Forrester last year?

As I wrote in the post: "There will still be players that don't work out, but there won't ever be talent levels approaching Gelon, Priller, Jobe, April, Muniro. Archie knows what he is doing."

So yes, I realize that Forrester transferred. And no, I don't miss him.

Reactions: hondo314
An Eric Hunter in the hand is worth 2 Jerome Hunters in the bush.

Last 40 years,
IU 10 titles, Purdue 9 titles.
Quinones and Watford are still announcing, so the ranking isn't "final" for any relevant usefulness.
We have no shot with Watford. Quinones probably is going to Memphis but at least we have some sort of a shot at him.

As I wrote in the post: "There will still be players that don't work out, but there won't ever be talent levels approaching Gelon, Priller, Jobe, April, Muniro. Archie knows what he is doing."

So yes, I realize that Forrester transferred. And no, I don't miss him.
He was just as bad as those guys listed. Plus you have Moore. So he’s either 2-2 or 1-1 however you look at it.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
He was just as bad as those guys listed. Plus you have Moore. So he’s either 2-2 or 1-1 however you look at it.

Good God man Forrester and Moore (who was a Crean guy I'm sure you forgot) we're four star, top 150 recruits.

Priller, April and Gelon were top 1500 recruits.

Forrester is going to Temple. Not Incarnate Word.

I'm looking forward to his first 15 point game so you can point to it how talented he is.

He's no Magnus Pelkowski, Mike Lafave, David Minor or Rob Foster though.

Reactions: jimmygoiu

Forrester is going to Temple and Moore is going to LaSalle. Gelon went to the State Fair Community College Fightin' Corn Dogs. April went home and Priller, well.... You amaze me with your talent evaluations, too.

Don't read it then, and devote your time to fpeuagh and cryano's posts. You will sure get basketball info gems from those two.

Oh, and this 247SportsComposite is the FINAL 2019 class rankings for that site, which factors in all of the major recruiting site ratings, fyi.
Out of curiosity what major recruiting sites make up the 247Composite?

Out of curiosity what major recruiting sites make up the 247Composite?
247Sports Composite
The 247Sports Composite is a proprietary algorithm that compiles rankings and ratings listed in the public domain by the major media recruiting services, creating the industry's most comprehensive and unbiased prospect and team rankings...More Info

247Sports Recruiting
Powered by innovative technology products, 247Sports employs a staff of more than 50 full time recruiting reporters and evaluators that rank and compile data on the nation's elite high school recruits...More Info

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT