ADVERTISEMENT

2024 PDGA Season Thread

Do we have a board for the alphabet community? This is where this thread belongs.
Don’t worry JDB. We’ll get you your own bag and, before you know it, you’ll be vaping with a neck beard talking about how you’re looking for a beefy mid that still has some glide.

Which is always a domey champ Roc3. Shhh shhh. That will make sense soon.

Don’t worry JDB. We’ll get you your own bag and, before you know it, you’ll be vaping with a neck beard talking about how you’re looking for a beefy mid that still has some glide.

Which is always a domey champ Roc3. Shhh shhh. That will make sense soon.
gay-shit-next-level.gif

LIES!!!

No way I throw hard enough to hurt anybody but myself. (now @IUPaterade724 might do some damage).

These are actually pretty cool and I've transported a disc from one course to another. Kind of a neat thing to do for fellow disc golf bros.
With the way my back has been I’m lucky to get 380ft anymore. Playing Palm Royale Country Club Ctier in a few hours. Going to be a fun layout.

Reactions: IUclover
With the way my back has been I’m lucky to get 380ft anymore. Playing Palm Royale Country Club Ctier in a few hours. Going to be a fun layout.
350 but I’m avoiding back surgery like the plague.

But I don’t think I’ve throw anywhere near 100% in years.

Truth is I’m better throwing max distance of 350 than I ever was trying to throw any harder.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Currently in the Smoky Mountains. Any good frisbee courses down here? Want to take the kids, walk the course, and get them started early. . .

Disc Golf Knuckleball GIF by Innova Discs

on mocking random weirdos.

Reactions: larsIU
350 but I’m avoiding back surgery like the plague.

But I don’t think I’ve throw anywhere near 100% in years.

Truth is I’m better throwing max distance of 350 than I ever was trying to throw any harder.
Serious question: how long a walk is a typical course? Does it hurt your back to throw?

Currently in the Smoky Mountains. Any good frisbee courses down here? Want to take the kids, walk the course, and get them started early. . .

Disc Golf Knuckleball GIF by Innova Discs

on mocking random weirdos.
You can download an app called UDisc and it will have all of the local courses in it on a map with the ratings of the course so you’ll know which ones are the local favorites

Reactions: BradStevens
Serious question: how long a walk is a typical course? Does it hurt your back to throw?
Depends on the course. My couple of local wooded courses are about hour and a half to two hours playing alone throwing a couple on each hole. Distance? Probably a couple to three miles total.

My back is interesting. Pain is 4/10 it I have a a lot of numbness and loss of strength in my right leg which honestly affects me more than any pain.

My problem is the people I know that have dabbled in back surgery have had mixed results. My situation is….manageable.

With the newest ratings released this week I have officially lost over 50 player rating points in the last 18 months which roughly equates to shooting 5 strokes worse per 18 holes. I’ve not practiced much during that time period, other than occasional field work and then hopping straight into tournaments because I just don’t have time. Nerves have now gotten the best of me when standing over my putts where I’m already laughing as the disc sails wide past the basket. I need an exorcism.

I have always been firmly in the MA1 field, with the occasion top 5 finish and now I’m looking to drop to MA2 until I turn 40 and jump to MA40. Help me please

• Haha
With the newest ratings released this week I have officially lost over 50 player rating points in the last 18 months which roughly equates to shooting 5 strokes worse per 18 holes. I’ve not practiced much during that time period, other than occasional field work and then hopping straight into tournaments because I just don’t have time. Nerves have now gotten the best of me when standing over my putts where I’m already laughing as the disc sails wide past the basket. I need an exorcism.

I have always been firmly in the MA1 field, with the occasion top 5 finish and now I’m looking to drop to MA2 until I turn 40 and jump to MA40. Help me please
Come to MA40, let it wash over you.

Also, I'm almost MA50 which means it will be me and myself and I and maybe one other guy most times.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Come to MA40, let it wash over you.

Also, I'm almost MA50 which means it will be me and myself and I and maybe one other guy most times.
Have to wait til October of 2025 then I’m in. For something I love so much, it’s discouraging that I’m getting worse the more tournaments I’m playing. I could argue. I’m throwing more accurate off the tee nowadays as well, but the score just keeps getting worse. ☹️

Put the pizza in the oven. I don't think I'm in a position to give advice because my first tourney will be in June and I only play once every week or two. I'm hoping to finally buy a basket to practice putting and to get a quick second round in every week. Are you a push or spin putter?

Also, I'm looking forward to joining the MA40 division next year too.

Have to wait til October of 2025 then I’m in. For something I love so much, it’s discouraging that I’m getting worse the more tournaments I’m playing. I could argue. I’m throwing more accurate off the tee nowadays as well, but the score just keeps getting worse. ☹️
I'm trying to get to "money" status from 250 and in. Automatic. Up and down every time. That should help to alleviate the loss of distance.

most of my "practice" these days focuses on the short game (which mirrors ball golf to a "t"). And scrambling (tomahawks, scoobers, thumbers, overhands, etc).

I'm trying to get to "money" status from 250 and in. Automatic. Up and down every time. That should help to alleviate the loss of distance.

most of my "practice" these days focuses on the short game (which mirrors ball golf to a "t"). And scrambling (tomahawks, scoobers, thumbers, overhands, etc).
What you using for scrambling? Zone, Pig, Pyro, Envy?

I use three of those four.

Put the pizza in the oven. I don't think I'm in a position to give advice because my first tourney will be in June and I only play once every week or two. I'm hoping to finally buy a basket to practice putting and to get a quick second round in every week. Are you a push or spin putter?

Also, I'm looking forward to joining the MA40 division next year too.
I’d consider myself a spush putter. I use to be push only, but tournaments have forced me to keep a more immediate trajectory towards the basket specifically because the wind can just destroy push putts. I can have great practices/practice putting… but come tournament day I become the nerviest putter ever. It’s quite baffling as it’s a new phenomenon for me. Anything C1X has no confidence behind it, and ironically I have total confidence in Circle 2 with my step putt. I make no freaking sense.

Harp, Aviar X3 (champ), Firebird, stupidly overstable flatop star Roc3. Depends on the situation. But i'll just wander into the woods and screw around with different shots, etc.
Zone backhand hyzer 250 in, Luna backhand Straight/anhyzer 250 in, zone OS forehand 200 in and Deflector forehand 250 in. Pretty great combo.
I primarily use my Envy, Zone, and Pyro for most scramble shots. I had a Firebird that I really liked but lost it at Dela a few years ago. I have a Luna and used to use it for anhyzer shots but it doesn't feel right in my hand.

I feel like I need to try a Zone in a different plastic because mine Z plastic Zone doesn't quite do what I want it to.

I primarily use my Envy, Zone, and Pyro for most scramble shots. I had a Firebird that I really liked but lost it at Dela a few years ago. I have a Luna and used to use it for anhyzer shots but it doesn't feel right in my hand.

I feel like I need to try a Zone in a different plastic because mine Z plastic Zone doesn't quite do what I want it to.
I'm a big fan of Judges as a throwing putter (I also use them to putt, but in a base plastic).

I also have a Proxy for long turnover putter shots. God I love throwing putters.

Try a Harp in a premium plastic. Remains pretty stable but you can also torque it and get it flip up once you beat it in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT