ADVERTISEMENT

2024 PDGA Season Thread

McBeth is no longer a player, he's moving to ownership. Maybe this tourney (b/c it's basically his tourney) kept him from playing as well as he could.

Wysocki is a freak. AB, now that he's out of college, might just destroy everyone. Gannon Buhr played better on the weekend. Wonder if he'll try to play the tour once he goes to college (assuming he is)? Or is the money so good at this moment he puts off college? Shocking it's come to that point.

Shall we entertain Natalie Ryan discussions in this thread? Since it will be pinned and all. Sure, she didn't win but she stole top ten money from someone.

Interesting note to Central IN frolfers, Stacie Rawnsley is from Fishers (FPO side).

Brodie probably has more followers on the socials than the next ten highest DGers combined.

Reactions: IUclover
McBeth is no longer a player, he's moving to ownership. Maybe this tourney (b/c it's basically his tourney) kept him from playing as well as he could.

Wysocki is a freak. AB, now that he's out of college, might just destroy everyone. Gannon Buhr played better on the weekend. Wonder if he'll try to play the tour once he goes to college (assuming he is)? Or is the money so good at this moment he puts off college? Shocking it's come to that point.

Shall we entertain Natalie Ryan discussions in this thread? Since it will be pinned and all. Sure, she didn't win but she stole top ten money from someone.

Interesting note to Central IN frolfers, Stacie Rawnsley is from Fishers (FPO side).

Brodie probably has more followers on the socials than the next ten highest DGers combined.
Really?

You want to go down the s***** route?

Penance.

I can see AB being the top player this season. He pretty much easily throws 500+ ft both forehand and backhand and can throw any type of shot. Buhr and AB are definitely the future of DG for the next ten years. I'm hoping Eagle can make a comeback as well. The fact that he can throw 350+ with his left hand is crazy.

In other news, I'm playing in my first tourney in a few months. Probably MA3 to see where I land in competition. I'll keep the board updated on the results.

• Love
Reactions: larsIU
I'll keep the board updated on the results.
Please do. Anything to piss of the rest of the board here.

Never played in a tourney unless you count sanctioned leagues as tourneys (I don't of course).

I really liked the new layout of that property. Hope it is here to stay as the tour season opener. Challenging course but fair if you hit your lines. I will continue to root for McBeth, but the past few years he’s definitely been able to shut off the killer mentality in exchange for family life and growing the sport globally. Can’t wait to see Eagle (and Simon) on tour representing MVP. They make some of my favorite discs.

AB led start to finish even with a raptor nipping at his heels. Hats off to him. Easy to root for and is a freak forehand and backhand. His putting was so damn good too.

P.S - I also can throw 400ft left handed. Am I as good as Eagle?

Reactions: IUclover and larsIU
I really liked the new layout of that property. Hope it is here to stay as the tour season opener. Challenging course but fair if you hit your lines. I will continue to root for McBeth, but the past few years he’s definitely been able to shut off the killer mentality in exchange for family life and growing the sport globally. Can’t wait to see Eagle (and Simon) on tour representing MVP. They make some of my favorite discs.

AB led start to finish even with a raptor nipping at his heels. Hats off to him. Easy to root for and is a freak forehand and backhand. His putting was so damn good too.

P.S - I also can throw 400ft left handed. Am I as good as Eagle?
I've been an MVP fan after finding an (unmarked) lost MVP disc about five years ago. My Envy and Photon are my probably my favorite discs. I got a Wave recently that I'm still figuring out. The Time Lapse is too beefy for me though but looks nice.

And can you also throw 550+ right-handed and putt like Eagle? That's the question.

I've been an MVP fan after finding an (unmarked) lost MVP disc about five years ago. My Envy and Photon are my probably my favorite discs. I got a Wave recently that I'm still figuring out. The Time Lapse is too beefy for me though but looks nice.

And can you also throw 550+ right-handed and putt like Eagle? That's the question.
Well let’s not get caught up in semantics…

I’ll never replace my volt. Dead straight disc I can throw incredibly far for a fairway driver. Love my envy as well. If I need more glide than my zone can provide I use that bad boy. The wave is a bit too flippy for my taste. I tend to stick to overstable molds simply because in tournaments you have to play in varying wind and under stable discs are just too unpredictable. I use a halo tern if I need some under stability in a distance driver but it still gives me stability that the halo plastic affords. I have not tried the Time-lapse yet because it seems like it is crazy variable with how it’s being molded at this point in time. Even Simon is trying to figure out the run that he likes.

Reactions: larsIU and IUclover
Spoiler…

AB just pulled out a big win over Ricky in the season opening tourney. Calvin and Simon didn’t show up. Brodie still sucks. Looking forward to watch the replay later tonight.

Mods, I probably don’t need to say this but please pin this thread.
Also, I approve this needs to be pinned. I am going to annoy the shit out you guys with how much I love talking disc golf.

Also, I approve this needs to be pinned. I am going to annoy the shit out you guys with how much I love talking disc golf.
Keep it up.

A revised fine program goes into effect with the start of the new month.

The Kangaroo Court is merciless, especially with the continued and expected further crud worthiness of IU men’s basketball.

It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations.

Do you know where disc golf was invented?

Murica

If you tell it’s going towards Woodson’s buyout I might start paying them.
Until a mysterious Bitcoin hack it was all going to Marvin’s quest to be IU’s football coach, before Cignetti unceremoniously stole and destroyed his destiny. Crack investigators - have you seen IGW and Cray lately? - are on the case.

Well let’s not get caught up in semantics…

I’ll never replace my volt. Dead straight disc I can throw incredibly far for a fairway driver. Love my envy as well. If I need more glide than my zone can provide I use that bad boy. The wave is a bit too flippy for my taste. I tend to stick to overstable molds simply because in tournaments you have to play in varying wind and under stable discs are just too unpredictable. I use a halo tern if I need some under stability in a distance driver but it still gives me stability that the halo plastic affords. I have not tried the Time-lapse yet because it seems like it is crazy variable with how it’s being molded at this point in time. Even Simon is trying to figure out the run that he likes.
I had no idea the Wave would be so flippy. It dove down into a roller the first time I threw a forehand with it. I do like it though because it can glide for awhile for less effort.

I like the feel of the Halo plastic but most are a little heavier than I like. I’ll check out the Volt too.

I had no idea the Wave would be so flippy. It dove down into a roller the first time I threw a forehand with it. I do like it though because it can glide for awhile for less effort.

I like the feel of the Halo plastic but most are a little heavier than I like. I’ll check out the Volt too.
Unless you have near perfect forehand form, it’s really easy to burn over discs because of off axis torque. My forehand is terrible (which boggles my mind because I was a baseball player and started disc golf as a forehand only) so I only use really overstable discs to hide my severe ”oat”.

Try throwing it backhand. If you have a beginner/intermediate type backhand form the wave does really well getting you a bit extra distance.

My tournament in Vegas this weekend will have 30mph winds. Going to be a shitshow. Did a practice round in 20mph winds today at the course and it was already comical, tomorrow may be unplayable.

My tournament in Vegas this weekend will have 30mph winds. Going to be a shitshow. Did a practice round in 20mph winds today at the course and it was already comical, tomorrow may be unplayable.
Hope you played decent today. My friend and I already called off playing this weekend due to wind.

The WC is probably already watching the replay of round 2 or 3 by now but here’s a weekend update.

The Memorial Championship in Scottsdale AZ just wrapped up round 3. After AB threw one of the top 5 best rated rounds ever yesterday, he follows it up with a not so great day.

Aaron Gossage, grandson of Goose Gossage (yes, that guy), is the current leader with Gannon is a close second. Happy to see Uli on the lead card tomorrow and I’ll be rooting for him.

Also hoping Carrot Cupcake finally gets called out on his one minute putts.

Hope you played decent today. My friend and I already called off playing this weekend due to wind.
Played as bad as I thought I would. My tee shots were great. Consistently getting over 400ft on drives which is relatively new for me, but then I was taking 3 shots on many holes to finish up the last 80-100ft because of the wind. Found a lot of OB as well. 900 rated round… going to try and clean it up tomorrow.

IU BBall is back in meltdown mode so let's chat about a real sport.

No decommits here... The boys and girls are in the shathole that is Waco, TX this week where they're competing in the Prodigy presents WACO tournament. Ricky came out swinging today in Round 2 and Gannon is being Gannon. Ohn Scroggins is killing it on the FPO side.

Live scoreboard here: https://www.pdga.com/apps/tournament/live/event?eventId=77758&view=Scores&division=All&round=2

MPO Round 1 Highlights here:
FPO Round 1 Highlights here:

Oh yeah.. and pin this sumbetch thread. the polls have spoken.

Gannon and Luke Humphries in the lead after round 3. Sexton, Barsby, and Uil all in the mix going into round 4.

I’ll be playing at Prickly Pines in Elizabeth, CO tomorrow morning. Definitely a top 5 course in metro-Denver area. Planning on having my friend record my backhand to fix some problems.

Gannon and Luke Humphries in the lead after round 3. Sexton, Barsby, and Uil all in the mix going into round 4.

I’ll be playing at Prickly Pines in Elizabeth, CO tomorrow morning. Definitely a top 5 course in metro-Denver area. Planning on having my friend record my backhand to fix some problems.
You ever play at the discgolfpark in ft Collin’s at the Budweiser brewery?

If you guys haven’t watched post production of this tournament I suggest giving it a go. It was an incredible tournament. I ended up watching the live coverage Sunday and there were something like 10 people within 2 strokes of each other coming down the stretch. Won’t give away spoilers on who won, but it was long overdo as I think he is the most accurate thrower on tour.

If you guys haven’t watched post production of this tournament I suggest giving it a go. It was an incredible tournament. I ended up watching the live coverage Sunday and there were something like 10 people within 2 strokes of each other coming down the stretch. Won’t give away spoilers on who won, but it was long overdo as I think he is the most accurate thrower on tour.
He's got that trebuchet type form that generates enormous power from a guy that doesn't look he would.

Also, kids, putting (FPO side) is pretty damn important.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Backstory: @larsIU hit this guy in the head when he majorly hooked a drive on the third hole.

Screenshot-2024-01-24-at-10.55.58-AM.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT