ADVERTISEMENT

2017 update: Peyton Manning still da GOAT

qKLe7pj.jpg

I find it hard to believe there are 5 better QBs than Peyton, let alone 10. Part of Peyton's greatness is that he makes the playoffs seemingly every damn year (he's only missed it for 3 of the seasons he played, 2 of those seasons being his first two seasons). That has to count for something. The same goes for Brady and Rodgers. A guy like Brees has better playoff stats than Peyton, but hell, he's only made it 6 of his 15 seasons. Even guys like Elway and Marion weren't a mainstay in the playoffs (though in fairness a second wild card wasn't added until 1990).

And it's not like Peyton has done terrible in the playoffs. Only 2 QBs have made it to more Super Bowls than Peyton (Brady and Elway) and I have no qualms in having those two ahead of Peyton.

Personally, I'd go:

Montana
Peyton
Brady
Elway
Mario

There are several people who could be in this top-5 list and the order could be jumbled up depending on your preference. Brady has won more than Peyton, but I think that's a function of the NE machine (and I admit I am biased). I think Rodgers, if he keeps it up, will end up being the GOAT.

I don't care who the QB is. If your QB gets hit 23 times, MORE THAN ANY QB IN THE NFL HAS BEEN HIT IN 10 YEARS, you will lose.

This statistic is the single biggest indicator for why they lost. DEN's front 4 OWNED the Pats o-line.

No QB hit 20+ times has EVER won an NFL game. What's amazing is that the G.O.A.T. almost was able to overcome it!

Cam Newton: great regular season QB. Epic choke artist on the biggest stage.

Reactions: Moops
Nice troll.....

Only thing worse than his game performance was his presser, and it actually wasn't that surprising. Good lord, what an immature little bitch. Even Deion and Irvin aren't defending him.

Only thing worse than his game performance was his presser, and it actually wasn't that surprising. Good lord, what an immature little bitch. Even Deion and Irvin aren't defending him.

Didn't see it. CHAT RECAP!!

Also, didn't anyone notice that Peyton was clearly bought by AB-InBev? Saying he was planning on drinking a lot of Bud would have been funny if he did it once, but twice? Obviously paid advertising.

What a goddamn whore.

Also, didn't anyone notice that Peyton was clearly bought by AB-InBev? Saying he was planning on drinking a lot of Bud would have been funny if he did it once, but twice? Obviously paid advertising.

What a goddamn whore.

Budweiser tweeted out that it wasn't and they were surprised by it. Seemed scripted tho.

What a goddamn whore.

That's all he drinks and has forever. Just ask anyone at St Elmos, where his private post game study was. Used to hole up there every Sunday night, watch film and drink Bud.

Maybe he can learn to drink real beer in retirement

Saying he choked, and saying he's an immature little bitch, aren't mutually exclusive events. He can be / do both, or neither, or one, or the other.

I didn't see his presser, but I'll take you at your word that he was an immature little bitch. He's never lost in his entire life; it's a new concept for him.

And, I'm not saying his game performance didn't suck; it did. But, I give a lot of credit for that to the Denver D, and the lack of good wide receivers on the Panthers. And, yes, to a sub-par performance by Cam.

I don't think he is that GOAT, but he will rank near the top.

After looking at Cam Newton in defeat, I pictured a 26 year old Peyton Manning in the same situation. Peyton was a great QB, but he was equally good off the field in victory and defeat. He didn't need time to grow up or mature.

Saying he choked, and saying he's an immature little bitch, aren't mutually exclusive events. He can be / do both, or neither, or one, or the other.

I didn't see his presser, but I'll take you at your word that he was an immature little bitch. He's never lost in his entire life; it's a new concept for him.

And, I'm not saying his game performance didn't suck; it did. But, I give a lot of credit for that to the Denver D, and the lack of good wide receivers on the Panthers. And, yes, to a sub-par performance by Cam.

Cam is still growing/maturing. I don't see how you say he sucked when he was under constant attack and pressure from all directions and was the only Panther offensively doing anything to counter Denver with some help from Stewart. The worst on the field play was failing to dive for the fumble, which was almost unforgivable, but I think he thought the ball was going to be batted by the 2 guys already going for it, and he was right, but you still gotta stick your nose in there. Beyond that he had a team in shambles around him with penalties, blown assignments, fumbles and dropped passes.

There's no defending his post-game tantrums, but Hoops Cat is right, the dude just hates losing and doesn't have much experience with it. He used to pull this crap after every loss, and on the sidelines after bad series, so he's making progress. His on the field decision making and throws have improved 100% as well. I'm hoping he learns from watching Peyton and hearing from his coaches, friends and mentors and will get to where he's a professional in interviews, and based on his past, he probably will, but he still has a long way to go there. Denver flat out kicked their ass, and they are still (imo) a blown challenge reversal away from at worst being up 7-6 at half. If that drive continues and they scored, who knows? The Panthers D collected themselves and played a pretty good game after the first series, but the offense, with plenty of help from Denver's D, was rattled all night and for the most part, outside of Cam, again, imo.

Last edited:
Cam is still growing/maturing. I don't see how you say he sucked when we as under constant attack and pressure from all directions and was the only Panther offensively doing anything to counter Denver with some help from Stewart. The worst on the field play was failing to dive for the fumble, which was almost unforgivable, but I think he thought the ball was going to be batted by the 2 guys already going for it, and he was right, but you still gotta stick your nose in there. Beyond that he had a team in shambles around him with penalties, blown assignments, fumbles and dropped passes.

There's no defending his post-game tantrums, but Hoops Cat is right, the dude just hates losing and doesn't have much experience with it. He used to pull this crap after every loss, and on the sidelines after bad series, so he's making progress. His on the field decision making and throws have improved 100% as well. I'm hoping he learns from watching Peyton and hearing from his coaches, friends and mentors and will get to where he's a professional in interviews, and based on his past, he probably will, but he still has a long way to go there. Denver flat out kicked their ass, and they are still (imo) a blown challenge reversal away from at worst being up 7-6 at half. If that drive continues and they scored, who knows? The Panthers D collected themselves and played a pretty good game after the first series, but the offense, with plenty of help from Denver's D, was rattled all night and for the most part, outside of Cam, again, imo.

He is better than he was, but he's still very immature. I think seeing how he still is after an unexpected loss takes away from the spin this year that all the long celebrations and cockiness are him playing the game with passion and joy. No that's him being still immature - it's just immaturity from someone who's winning and on a huge roll. Had he come out still done a part of his job like Manning or Brady or Wilson have still done after Super Bowl losses, he could've changed that perception. Instead he lost the game and a lot of his apologists.

Cam is still growing/maturing. I don't see how you say he sucked when we as under constant attack and pressure from all directions and was the only Panther offensively doing anything to counter Denver with some help from Stewart. The worst on the field play was failing to dive for the fumble, which was almost unforgivable, but I think he thought the ball was going to be batted by the 2 guys already going for it, and he was right, but you still gotta stick your nose in there. Beyond that he had a team in shambles around him with penalties, blown assignments, fumbles and dropped passes.

Sulking and trying to hide under a hoodie while giving Bill Belichick style terse responses didn't help my impression of Newton. I am sure that is the last place any QB wants to be, but he has been around long enough to know what he was doing. Trent Dilfer said he would expect Newton would do better next time. Newton would have to first realize he needs to do better. Hopefully someone will point that out to him.

I imagined dads all over the country sitting with their kids telling them that isn't the way to act after a loss. Then I pictured kids all over the country watching alone and thinking that is the proper way to handle defeat. Athletes shouldn't be role models for our kids, but they are in the absence of real mentors in their lives.

Sulking and trying to hide under a hoodie while giving Bill Belichick style terse responses didn't help my impression of Newton. I am sure that is the last place any QB wants to be, but he has been around long enough to know what he was doing. Trent Dilfer said he would expect Newton would do better next time. Newton would have to first realize he needs to do better. Hopefully someone will point that out to him.

I imagined dads all over the country sitting with their kids telling them that isn't the way to act after a loss. Then I pictured kids all over the country watching alone and thinking that is the proper way to handle defeat. Athletes shouldn't be role models for our kids, but they are in the absence of real mentors in their lives.

Give kids more credit: most know better.

Sadly or not, I think Newton will correct it because I think one of the people (among many, hopefully) who will point it out to him is his agent, by explaining just how much he's costing himself in endorsement $$. However passionate you think he is about football, I do think he's very motivated by his brand and bank account, and I think that alone will correct. I hope he corrects it for the right reasons too. We'll see; barring injury I think he'll be around a good long while.

I'll throw in Roger Staubach, too who had to wait 5 years before he could begin to play and he had to beat out Don Meredith for the job once he finally fulfilled his service commitment to the Navy.

Quarterback G in the postseason: 22-8 (73.3%)
Quarterback G all-time in the regular season: 172-53 (76.4%)
Quarterback G all-time, all games: 194-61 (76.1%)
Quarterback G vs. Quarterback H all-time: 11-5 (68.8%)
Quarterback G vs. Quarterback H in the playoffs: 2-2 (0.500)
Quarterback G, championships: 4
Quarterback G, conference championships: 6
Quarterback G, conference finals appearances: 10

Quarterback H in the postseason: 12-13 (48.0%)
Quarterback H all-time in the regular season: 187-79 (70.3%)
Quarterback H all-time, all games: 199-92(68.4%)
Quarterback H vs. Quarterback G all-time: 5-11 (31.2%)
Quarterback H vs. Quarterback G in the playoffs: 2-2 (0.500)
Quarterback H, championships: 1
Quarterback H, conference championships: 3
Quarterback H, conference finals appearances: 5

If Quarterback G were to go one-and-done in the playoffs each year for the next 15 years, he would still have a better playoff winning percentage than Quarterback H.

Quarterback G = G.O.A.T. = Brady
Quarterback H = H.G.H. = Manning

Perhaps, but quarterback G has a higher percentage of fans who are a$$holes and had to cheat to win. So there is that.

latest

mr-rogers-neighbor-hello-welcome.jpg

middle.jpg

The Brady-Manning debate is over, finished, kaput, done....a fantasy only entertained by the delusional, the ignorant and the haters. Gary Myers, a New York based third party with no love for the Patriots, put an end to it in his book Brady vs. Manning. Brady is now not only being compared, but coming out on top in any historical comparison, with Montana. Manning isn't in the discussion.

Who's this Gary character?

hqdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT