ADVERTISEMENT

2017 update: Peyton Manning still da GOAT

MillerTime

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2003
39°10,- 86°31
qKLe7pj.jpg

Reactions: Lunk
If all you're considering is the regular season, then sure. He's the GOAT. If you consider the post season, at all, then he's far from it.

Reactions: outside shooter
Quarterback G in the postseason: 22-8 (73.3%)
Quarterback G all-time in the regular season: 172-53 (76.4%)
Quarterback G all-time, all games: 194-61 (76.1%)
Quarterback G vs. Quarterback H all-time: 11-5 (68.8%)
Quarterback G vs. Quarterback H in the playoffs: 2-2 (0.500)
Quarterback G, championships: 4
Quarterback G, conference championships: 6
Quarterback G, conference finals appearances: 10

Quarterback H in the postseason: 12-13 (48.0%)
Quarterback H all-time in the regular season: 187-79 (70.3%)
Quarterback H all-time, all games: 199-92(68.4%)
Quarterback H vs. Quarterback G all-time: 5-11 (31.2%)
Quarterback H vs. Quarterback G in the playoffs: 2-2 (0.500)
Quarterback H, championships: 1
Quarterback H, conference championships: 3
Quarterback H, conference finals appearances: 5

If Quarterback G were to go one-and-done in the playoffs each year for the next 15 years, he would still have a better playoff winning percentage than Quarterback H.

Quarterback G = G.O.A.T. = Brady
Quarterback H = H.G.H. = Manning

Last edited:
If Brady plays 4 more years at even a subpar level, he will erase every single longevity record of the roided-up fivehead, and of course him destroy him even further with respect to being a WINNER.

It is not close, it has not been close, and it is a silly discussion.

Brady >>>>>>>> Manning

Manning was carried to one championship, in a postseason in which he had 3 TDs and 7 INTs, compiling a far worse QB rating than either Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson. It was the worst postseason by a Super winning QB this century.

If Brady plays 4 more years at even a subpar level, he will erase every single longevity record of the roided-up fivehead, and of course him destroy him even further with respect to being a WINNER.

Brady >>>>>>>> Manning

Manning was carried to one championship, in a postseason in which he had 3 TDs and 7 INTs, compiling a far worse QB rating than either Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson. It was the worst postseason by a Super winning QB this century.

No one has been carried farther than Brady - with coaching, excellent defenses, the tuck rule, and a kicker that single-handedly won 2 rings for him.

No one has been carried farther than Brady - with coaching, excellent defenses, the tuck rule, and a kicker that single-handedly won 2 rings for him.
Really???? Tell me about last years performance by Brady?
You guys are something else. This dude has done nothing but win and you let a FG kicker take his wins away from him?? You realize that if they missed those FG that the game was tied in both cases don't you? You realize he is the person to drive them the entire field for those FG?
You realize that he Should have 6 Superbowls not 4!

You guys are something else. This dude has done nothing but win and you let a FG kicker take his wins away from him?? You realize that if they missed those FG that the game was tied in both cases don't you? You realize he is the person to drive them the entire field for those FG?
Unitas has to be in there somewhere.

Agree. Again, another one better than Manning.

If Quarterback G were to go one-and-done in the playoffs each year for the next 15 years, he would still have a better playoff winning percentage than Quarterback H.

They are never on the field at the same time so they whole "Versus" thing gets played out. Brady has been pretty bad in Denver, this weekend against that defense will test his legacy.

By the way, they are both awesome, but Manning could have done a lot more in the same offense when coached by that cheat Belicheat. Manning never had a coach who would bend the rules like Brady has.

Reactions: MillerTime

They are never on the field at the same time so they whole "Versus" thing gets played out. Brady has been pretty bad in Denver, this weekend against that defense will test his legacy.

By the way, they are both awesome, but Manning could have done a lot more in the same offense when coached by that cheat Belicheat. Manning never had a coach who would bend the rules like Brady has.

Man I'm a Colts fan but I can admit that Brady is better than Manning. The excuses Colts fans make are tiring. Yea I hate the Pats and Brady and Belicheat and Kraft, and on and and on and on...but my gosh, there really is no denying that Brady is better. He kicks Manning's ass more times than not and probably will again this weekend. Hope I'm wrong but don't think I will be.

Man I'm a Colts fan but I can admit that Brady is better than Manning. The excuses Colts fans make are tiring. Yea I hate the Pats and Brady and Belicheat and Kraft, and on and and on and on...but my gosh, there really is no denying that Brady is better. He kicks Manning's ass more times than not and probably will again this weekend. Hope I'm wrong but don't think I will be.

"No denying"? There is plenty of denying. Manning is an all-time great, so is Brady. This one game won't change the narrative. Again, this isn't Ali vs Frazier, NE has historically had a better defense than Indy, there is no denying THAT.

I'm not a Colts fan or a Manning fan.

"No denying"? There is plenty of denying. Manning is an all-time great, so is Brady. This one game won't change the narrative. Again, this isn't Ali vs Frazier, NE has historically had a better defense than Indy, there is no denying THAT.

I'm not a Colts fan or a Manning fan.
Never said that this one game would change the narrative. The narrative has pretty much been written and Brady is better.
I swear Manning out thinks himself with all the "Omaha" crap. He's smart...maybe too smart.

You couldn't be a more pathetic human being. I've seen hormonal pre-teens with more maturity.

Brady >>>>>>>> Manning

If my Aunt had a dick she'd be my Uncle.

I only deal with FACTS.

If my Aunt had a dick she'd be my Uncle.

I only deal with FACTS.
Then you are looking at the wrong FACTS. You are looking at the Facts you want to see. You don't look at the choke jobs, one and done's and failure in the post season where it matters. Comical that you look at the wrong facts. Manning is an amazing regular season indoor QB. Congrats

Reactions: MillerTime
Cards fans,

If the Cards led the Cubs 11-5 after 8 innings, would it be OK to say "whomever scores the next run wins!" ????

It's a rout, people.
Brady>>Manning

This will be the third time that Manning has had the league's #1 defense behind him. For the first time, he managed to not choke and got at least one win.

Must be the HGH...

No one has been carried farther than Manning.

His crappy 2006 postseason carried by defense and by a hot kicker, with many excellent defenses, with a far superior array of pro bowl teammates, constant rule changes tailored for him driven by his team president, HGH, and an excuse-making public that doesn't want to hang the choker label on "Mr. aw-shucks"

Man, one glance at this post and decided I wasn't reading it. I didn't even look to see who it was from.

Reactions: Moops
For last year's performance, thank this man.........
carroll.jpg

I don't like the idea of crowning someone GOAT before they retire, but when all is said and done, it takes some serious denial to argue that anyone active today is better than Brady. And if there is someone active today who has a chance to finish up there with Brady (there probably isn't, but just "if"), then that's Rodgers, not Manning.

Manning's an all-time Top Ten QB, no doubt, but he's not the GOAT.

Reactions: Bill4411

But you equate Brady with the Patriots. How many games did Brady win without Belichick, Gronkowski or Vinatieri?

I go weeks without thinking at all about sports and very little time at all discussing it. 5 minutes or so here, once or twice a week, is about it.

The four NIH grant applications I submitted in the last 4 months consumed 1000X more of my thoughts than IU basketball, the NFL, or other diversions.

You are over your self-allotted 5 min. once or twice a week...

Reactions: comfortliving
The Brady-Manning debate is over, finished, kaput, done....a fantasy only entertained by the delusional, the ignorant and the haters. Gary Myers, a New York based third party with no love for the Patriots, put an end to it in his book Brady vs. Manning. Brady is now not only being compared, but coming out on top in any historical comparison, with Montana. Manning isn't in the discussion.

The Brady-Manning debate is over, finished, kaput, done....a fantasy only entertained by the delusional, the ignorant and the haters. Gary Myers, a New York based third party with no love for the Patriots, put an end to it in his book Brady vs. Manning. Brady is now not only being compared, but coming out on top in any historical comparison, with Montana. Manning isn't in the discussion.
God, you're annoying. Any chance we can make this actually about the players, instead of your hatred for Manning? I'll try:
1. Brady
2. Montana
3. Elway
4. Manning
5. Young
6. Rodgers
7. Favre (yes, I think Rodgers is already better than Favre)
8. Unitas
9. Staubach
10. Tarkenton

Those last three could probably be shifted around a bit, and I wouldn't argue with dropping one of them for either Graham or Marino. I would argue with dropping one of them for Bradshaw or Aikman.

So, instead of focusing on your Brady/Manning fetish, how about you contribute to the discussion? Who are your ten?

ADVERTISEMENT