ADVERTISEMENT

15 mins. ago 1070 the Fan

indy1203

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2002
According to JMV, IU/Glass has no interest in getting rid of TC.

4d44ce51b7826.image.jpg

Reactions: mazz
If this is indeed true then at least I’ll have confirmation from the administration that their definition of being elite and mine are completely opposite. I used to adjust my schedule around IU basketball. Don't really have to do that anymore. Thankfully the Colts attempted to change things this year or else I wouldn't have any team to follow anymore.

Not that it matter, but I am to. Wife is going to be pissed. We just spent hours painting our sons bedroom with the candy stripes. We will have to re paint!

That's funny, my wife just finished our son's candy stripes this weekend too. Still have to put up the Fatheads though. This nonsense is really taking all the joy out of decorating his room.

Reactions: quad runner
If this is indeed true then at least I’ll have confirmation from the administration that their definition of being elite and mine are completely opposite. I used to adjust my schedule around IU basketball. Don't really have to do that anymore. Thankfully the Colts attempted to change things this year or else I wouldn't have any team to follow anymore.
I always thought Fred was blowing hot air when he said he wanted deep runs and championships. This is prove is a flat out liar.

Glass and the BOT are entitled to make that decision by virtue of their positions. The rest of us get to vote too, though, with our feet . . . .

This is all just getting stupid crazy.

The lost season. The weird substitutions. The lack of defense, ball control and court awareness. The recruiting problems, despite the monstrous budget. The injuries. The terrific victories and the ridiculous defeats. The fan revolt. Fred Glass and his commendable, but misplaced, loyalty. The Kevin Wilson fiasco wedged in the mix. Missouri. No, LSU. No, North Carolina State. Sports writers changing their positions daily. Brad Stevens. Billy Donovan. Gregg Marshall. Tony Bennett. Hell, maybe Lady Gaga. And, now, forfeiting a home game because nobody will likely show up.

This is the most mind-numbingly freaked-up clown show ever. Based on all of this you have to wonder if this is The Twilight Zone and this the basketball version of the Monsters on Maple Street episode. Who exactly are those guys fiddling with the dials and gauges ...............?

The lost season. The weird substitutions. The lack of defense, ball control and court awareness. The recruiting problems, despite the monstrous budget. The injuries. The terrific victories and the ridiculous defeats. The fan revolt. Fred Glass and his commendable, but misplaced, loyalty. The Kevin Wilson fiasco wedged in the mix. Missouri. No, LSU. No, North Carolina State. Sports writers changing their positions daily. Brad Stevens. Billy Donovan. Gregg Marshall. Tony Bennett. Hell, maybe Lady Gaga. And, now, forfeiting a home game because nobody will likely show up.

This is the most mind-numbingly clown show ever. Based on all of this you have to wonder if this is The Twilight Zone and this the basketball version of the Monsters on Maple Street episode. Who exactly are those guys fiddling with the dials and gauges ...............?

Calling this a poorly run operation is an insult to poorly run operations. This operation has become a full and complete joke.

If I had just dropped $45 million for the opportunity to put my name on Assembly Hall, I would be pissed off about the stewardship of this program.

If you are a big money donor who supports this clown show, you are an even bigger fool than the people collecting your checks.

Hopefully all the people that matter to Fred start taking a cue from us low renters. Your program is not sh*t without fans in the seats.

This is the most mind-numbingly freaked-up clown show ever. Based on all of this you have to wonder if this is The Twilight Zone and this the basketball version of the Monsters on Maple Street episode. Who exactly are those guys fiddling with the dials and gauges ...............?

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up. Questioning Fred Glass and his leadership here...

Why is glass more interested in protecting Tom Crean's Ass than IU's? Who exactly is he working for?

Glass’ incompetence just cost Indiana $250,000 after the school decided to pull out of next year’s 2K Sports Classic in New York. Now he’s costing the taxpayers even more money by turning down an NIT home game and the revenue that comes with it.

It’s just one thing after another with Glass, and it’s time for him to go. Do I need to remind you that Glass recklessly gave Kevin Wilson a 6-year contract extension less than a year before he had to get rid of him? Utterly indefensible.

Glass had a good run in his early years as AD, but the job has clearly become too much for him. Indiana needs fresh leadership with more responsible decision making. I don’t know about you, but I’m not happy with my tax dollars going to pay for Glass’ many mistakes.

Reactions: snarlcakes
That's funny, my wife just finished our son's candy stripes this weekend too. Still have to put up the Fatheads though. This nonsense is really taking all the joy out of decorating his room.
I know right! We are doing fatheads tomorrow night. I'm so sad it has become this difficult to try and teach my kids the tradition.

That's interesting phrasing. "Has no interest" in getting rid of Crean. Doesn't say he will, doesn't say he won't. Glass is a lawyer, remember, so you can't take what he says at face value. I don't think this statement means diddly.
JMV did say unless he was lied to this is true.

If true, this is the second miss by Glass when it comes to Crean. I suspect after the Sampson debacle, Crean's contract had some language that would have given the Admin the ability to fire him after the alcohol / drugs /

Glass’ incompetence just cost Indiana $250,000 after the school decided to pull out of next year’s 2K Sports Classic in New York. Now he’s costing the taxpayers even more money by turning down an NIT home game and the revenue that comes with it.

It’s just one thing after another with Glass, and it’s time for him to go. Do I need to remind you that Glass recklessly gave Kevin Wilson a 6-year contract extension less than a year before he had to get rid of him? Utterly indefensible.

Glass had a good run in his early years as AD, but the job has clearly become too much for him. Indiana needs fresh leadership with more responsible decision making. I don’t know about you, but I’m not happy with my tax dollars going to pay for Glass’ many mistakes.

Take a breath . . . your attempt to smear Glass with this argument is, well, at least as irresponsible as what you claim Glass to be.

(1) How does pulling out of the 2K Sports Classic cost IU any money? Has IU already paid that amount to the Classic and won't get any of it back? Is that a guaranteed amount of revenue for participation? What is the net profit from the 2K Sports Classic, if the $250,000 is revenue? How do you know that IU doesn't have an opportunity for a net profit higher than that through another opportunity?

(2) Regarding the NIT game, are you sure that it's costing IU money not to host the game against GA Tech? Wouldn't the revenues have to exceed the costs of putting on the game? Are you sure that that would be the case under the current circumstances? I don't think you can be sure about that . . . .

(3) The Wilson extension was a good business decision that included the right to terminate Wilson for cause . . . and Glass leveraged that provision effectively to correct what Glass believes was a cause for termination. The only argument you could possibly be making here is that based on what Glass knew at the time of the extension Glass made a reckless decision to agree to the extension . . . and you have no factual basis for that, I can assure you.

And finally, is IU's athletic department supposed to be governed by dollars and cents above all other considerations?

Reactions: moneyadvisor
That's economic suicide.

Oh stop the melodramatic statements. Get behind the team. This country has become one of tantrums and riots when they don't get their way. Don't like it, then stop watching. Burn your stuff. Tear up your diploma. It is not going to lead to economic ruin.

People can threaten to quit their tickets, and then when they get their guy to replace Crean, they won't have season tickets to go to. You have to love the university more than any single individual, and that is lost on way too many here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT