ADVERTISEMENT

14 turnovers

Not the coach. Lack of concentration.
RMK: “ the mental is to the physical as four is to one.”
If I made a stupid turnover I got bench time. I didn’t do it again. We were taught to value the ball or there would be consequences. This was taught especially in practice. Stupid unforced mistakes meant running stairs.

If I made a stupid turnover I got bench time. I didn’t do it again. We were taught to value the ball or there would be consequences. This was taught especially in practice. Stupid unforced mistakes meant running stairs.
We're saying much the same thing but you can't teach effort and concentration. At some point you have to let your pupils show what they can or can't do. And punishment is not a very good teaching tool

It's not like we have many options. Bench a starter for a stupid turnover and his sub is exponentially worse.

Reactions: BusdriverE
We're saying much the same thing but you can't teach effort and concentration. At some point you have to let your pupils show what they can or can't do. And punishment is not a very good teaching tool

Effort should be in every players DNA. And, if it isn’t, you force more out of them by giving them pine time. It does work. You can eventually condition players to know the expectations.

Reactions: stollcpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT