ADVERTISEMENT

11th. Nt

It’s almost unbelievable to hear Dan Dakich praising IU football and saying that IU should be in the CFP. Not too often he praised IU sports. He definitely doesn’t the basketball program. Kinda nice hearing him saying something positive.

It’s almost unbelievable to hear Dan Dakich praising IU football and saying that IU should be in the CFP. Not too often he praised IU sports. He definitely doesn’t the basketball program. Kinda nice hearing him saying something positive.

He was so far behind he must have had to run like hell to catch up and jump onto that bandwagon...🙄

Last edited:
He's just a bitch from the espn pimp wagon. F*ck espn! All they do is have him forward nba and nfl sh!t all day. Nobody gives a F*ck anymore! When he has fish on I'll listen but other than that it's just like the msm...Here lets shove this nba and nfl down your throat and deal with it and get in line. F.U. your turned off! The media is dirtbag sh!t and its been in our sports now for too long! Arrrrrrrggggggg! Here Herbie let me pass you a blm hankie...Idiot!

1 spot per shoe tossed.

If UF fell at least one more spot to #8 (even though they probably should've been 9 or 10), then no biggie. When they lose they would fall behind IU but keeping them at 7, I can see them getting smashed vs. Bama and still staying in the top 10 somehow. We now need to root for Iowa State to beat Oklahoma to guarantee a team in front of us falls behind. I'm not sold that ISU at #6 would lose to #10 Oklahoma and fall past IU. We also need to root for Tulsa over Cincy.

The new question will be whether Coastal Carolina will move in front of IU if they beat #19 Lafayette this weekend. My hope is that USC has looked bad enough in their wins so far that they won't push them past IU.

Reactions: vesuvius13
If UF fell at least one more spot to #8 (even though they probably should've been 9 or 10), then no biggie. When they lose they would fall behind IU but keeping them at 7, I can see them getting smashed vs. Bama and still staying in the top 10 somehow. We now need to root for Iowa State to beat Oklahoma to guarantee a team in front of us falls behind. I'm not sold that ISU at #6 would lose to #10 Oklahoma and fall past IU. We also need to root for Tulsa over Cincy.

The new question will be whether Coastal Carolina will move in front of IU if they beat #19 Lafayette this weekend. My hope is that USC has looked bad enough in their wins so far that they won't push them past IU.

If USC beats Oregon, they are in a NY6 game regardless because they are PAC 12 champs. It’s as simple as this... OSU beats NW, we will play the PAC 12 champs in the Fiesta Bowl.

I didn't know anyone still listens to that jackass.

He's just a bitch from the espn pimp wagon. F*ck espn! All they do is have him forward nba and nfl sh!t all day. Nobody gives a F*ck anymore! When he has fish on I'll listen but other than that it's just like the msm...Here lets shove this nba and nfl down your throat and deal with it and get in line. F.U. your turned off! The media is dirtbag sh!t and its been in our sports now for too long! Arrrrrrrggggggg! Here Herbie let me pass you a blm hankie...Idiot!
Dude, take a deep breath.

If USC beats Oregon, they are in a NY6 game regardless because they are PAC 12 champs. It’s as simple as this... OSU beats NW, we will play the PAC 12 champs in the Fiesta Bowl.
I agree with you for the most part. If Florida loses to Alabama they have to fall out of the Top 10. They will not keep a 3 loss team in the Top 10 especially with a loss to an Unranked Team on their Home Field late in the Year, and 2 losses in a Row. I maintained that because Georgia lost to Florida, they are tied together with Florida and have to fall with them. Oklahoma is one spot ahead of us with 2 Losses. If they lose to Iowa State, they fall and we move up. The tough one to figure is Iowa State. They are a 2 Loss Team and could be a 3 Loss Team if they lose to Oklahoma. However at Number 6 how far does the Committee let them fall? I like Iowa State, but I don't get the love for a 2 Loss team from a Mediocre Conference.

With Cincinnati, it's all or nothing. They win, they stay, they lose and they are out of the Top 10, but Tulsa doesn't have the Resume to just jump from where they are to the Top 10. I hope Oregon beats USC, simply because I don't want someone on the Committee to get a brain fart and think that a 5-0 USC Team winning a Conference Title should vault somewhere into the Top 10.

Depending upon what happens, I can see us getting as high as 7th when the smoke from the carnage clears.

Lol, Put your foil hat on and say less. Thanks.

• Angry
Reactions: BayernFan
Get rid of CFP commitee and use an average of the AP and coaches poll. These guys are clueless.
This is a yearly thing. There's really no proof behind how they come up with rankings. Like most committees they want diversity in the teams that are ranked. IU fans are finding out what many schools have known for years, the CFP Committee is completely worthless and clueless when it comes to ranking anything beyond the first couple schools.

If Florida loses to Alabama they have to fall out of the Top 10.
I wouldn't assume that, particularly if it's a close loss. The committee loves Florida. We know that because UF was hardly impacted (in the rankings) after losing to a bad LSU team.

I agree with you for the most part. If Florida loses to Alabama they have to fall out of the Top 10. They will not keep a 3 loss team in the Top 10 especially with a loss to an Unranked Team on their Home Field late in the Year, and 2 losses in a Row. I maintained that because Georgia lost to Florida, they are tied together with Florida and have to fall with them. Oklahoma is one spot ahead of us with 2 Losses. If they lose to Iowa State, they fall and we move up. The tough one to figure is Iowa State. They are a 2 Loss Team and could be a 3 Loss Team if they lose to Oklahoma. However at Number 6 how far does the Committee let them fall? I like Iowa State, but I don't get the love for a 2 Loss team from a Mediocre Conference.

With Cincinnati, it's all or nothing. They win, they stay, they lose and they are out of the Top 10, but Tulsa doesn't have the Resume to just jump from where they are to the Top 10. I hope Oregon beats USC, simply because I don't want someone on the Committee to get a brain fart and think that a 5-0 USC Team winning a Conference Title should vault somewhere into the Top 10.

Depending upon what happens, I can see us getting as high as 7th when the smoke from the carnage clears.
i have no idea why cincy is ranked so high. i don't believe they have a single top 25 win and haven't played in a month

Apart from a few of the usual suspects who are infatuated with how the CFP promotes their team, if you read/listen to opinion pieces, sports articles, talk shows, etc the overwhelming majority of people are baffled and appalled at how the CFP committee ranks teams. We only get involved now because we’ve never had to worry about it, Other teams who are a rugular participant in this will tell you it’s the same thing every year.

If you listen to Barta explain the rationale behind some of these rankings, it reads like a Kindergarten book.
“We like Iowa State where we placed them because they have a really good running back.”
WTF?

I'm becoming more and more afraid of clowns as each day passes.

7480d55a92bad7eda455b9406800e036.gif

Reactions: mobilehoosier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT