ADVERTISEMENT

Someone alluded to the 'freshman wall' or some such recently - could be he's just overthinking things. Whatever it is, expect he's in good hands and that sooner or later he'll emerge better than before.
Well, if it is hitting "freshman wall," possibly' followed by "sophomore slump", we may have to wait awhile, but hopefully not, with Bates merely needing to play more instinctively..."letting the game come to him" (as opposed to him to the game), the analysts like to say.

I agree I don’t think we see the defense we saw Thursday, as that is gonna be hard to match. But shooting 35%+ from deep should be very doable. Shoot well, minimize TOs , and it will be a cover without a stellar defensive performance. I’d take a 84-67 win today!!
I think we both said it and the team executed it. Only surprise was how strong our defense was again. Not at the level of OSU, but still damn strong. The lack of turnovers is a welcome change. I hope this is the new norm. Keep it under 10 turnovers a game combined with our defense and we our in a position to win most every game.

Reactions: Cavanagh
I think we both said it and the team executed it. Only surprise was how strong our defense was again. Not at the level of OSU, but still damn strong. The lack of turnovers is a welcome change. I hope this is the new norm. Keep it under 10 turnovers a game combined with our defense and we our in a position to win most every game.
certainly look like a top 25 team last few games. If we win against Iowa I am gonna be thrilled. Hate the Nebraska game cuz it is a must win kinda game that doesn't help the resume.

Reactions: aajohn2000
certainly look like a top 25 team last few games. If we win against Iowa I am gonna be thrilled. Hate the Nebraska game cuz it is a must win kinda game that doesn't help the resume.
Agree on all points. One other element here as teams stack the box on Trayce and Race is seeing our guards penetrate. Even though they are missing the shots, it's good to see our guards go to the rim. Good things typically happen when we see that. In other news, freakin' Wiscy pulls another tight one out last night at Maryland. I believe Davison qualifies for SS and medicare.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT