ADVERTISEMENT

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
IU is now 9-5 ATS. In order to go to 10-5 they need to smash today. This is a tough cover IMO. You have to blow them out to feel comfortable. Any sort of game at the end and you obviously aren’t covering. We win by 10, and everyone’s happy but the gamblers is a real possibility.

I am on the Hoosiers, but this is one I’d recommend just placing a small wager, and be happy with a victory no matter the score.

All aboard!!!

I'd have to study the history, but when is the last time IU won two B1G games in a row by double digits? Nothing else to do this am while I enjoy the solitude of the house before everyone else wakes, may as well do a little IU box score research. Stay tuned.

Edit: The last time IU won consecutive league games by double digits was 3 seasons ago at the tail end of the 2018/2019 season. We beat Illinois on their home floor 92-74 and then finished the regular season by whipping Rutgers at home 89-73. The next game we got bounced in the first game of the B1G tourney by OSU and with that loss our hopes of an NCAA bid were squashed.

If we are going to cover today, IMO, we have to see the three ball going down and play great defense again. Tough to see another defensive effort like the one we saw vs OSU on Thursday. Go IU!

Last edited:
I'd have to study the history, but when is the last time IU won two B1G games in a row by double digits? Nothing else to do this am while I enjoy the solitude of the house before everyone else wakes, may as well do a little IU box score research. Stay tuned.

Edit: The last time IU won consecutive league games by double digits was 3 seasons ago at the tail end of the 2018/2019 season. We beat Illinois on their home floor 92-74 and then finished the regular season by whipping Rutgers at home 89-73. The next game we got bounced in the first game of the B1G tourney by OSU and with that loss our hopes of an NCAA bid were squashed.

If we are going to cover today, IMO, we have to see the three ball going down and play great defense again. Tough to see another defensive effort like the one we saw vs OSU on Thursday. Go IU!
I agree I don’t think we see the defense we saw Thursday, as that is gonna be hard to match. But shooting 35%+ from deep should be very doable. Shoot well, minimize TOs , and it will be a cover without a stellar defensive performance. I’d take a 84-67 win today!!

Defense sticks cause Woodson is in their heads at this juncture of the season. + Coach Woodson can buck up D with 1 T/O and 2 substitutions. Lots of doubling down on Trayce. Race to have a big day along with Miller if his shot is on. Guards will be pressured hard. Johnson better keep his head on level and team focused.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Don’t care what the score is , just hope for a win. At the end of the game a win is a win , and since I’m not betting on it , the point spread doesn’t matter . That being said I hope we win big so I can relax , and enjoy the game .

IU is now 9-5 ATS. In order to go to 10-5 they need to smash today. This is a tough cover IMO. You have to blow them out to feel comfortable. Any sort of game at the end and you obviously aren’t covering. We win by 10, and everyone’s happy but the gamblers is a real possibility.

I am on the Hoosiers, but this is one I’d recommend just placing a small wager, and be happy with a victory no matter the score.

All aboard!!!
Had to take MN at plus 12.
Will be happy to lose on my bet though
Would love to see blow them out and get on a roll.

Defense sticks cause Woodson is in their heads at this juncture of the season. + Coach Woodson can buck up D with 1 T/O and 2 substitutions. Lots of doubling down on Trayce. Race to have a big day along with Miller if his shot is on. Guards will be pressured hard. Johnson better keep his head on level and team focused.
Agree with this. We can bring guys off the bench to energize our defense if needed (Rob, Trey, and Geronimo). Watching that from the bench has helped to get more focus when needed from the starters after a slow start to the game.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
That I'd like to see. Just hasn't seemed himself lately. Having him provide quality minutes along with Trey and Jordan as part of the rotation would make IU somewhat formidable.
His best game was in the Bahamas. What was that all about? A fireball in the dark of night...a "here today, gone tomorrow" scenario, perhaps?

Avoid, as much as you reasonably can betting on a team to whom you have an emotional attachment. Sure, you know more about your favorite team, but your biases (pro and con) amplify.

His best game was in the Bahamas. What was that all about? A fireball in the dark of night...a "here today, gone tomorrow" scenario, perhaps?
Someone alluded to the 'freshman wall' or some such recently - could be he's just overthinking things. Whatever it is, expect he's in good hands and that sooner or later he'll emerge better than before.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Someone alluded to the 'freshman wall' or some such recently - could be he's just overthinking things. Whatever it is, expect he's in good hands and that sooner or later he'll emerge better than before.
He also has that little thing on his mind about becoming a father. Also, his uncle recently passed away. Just lots going on in his life. And a freshman. He’ll be fine.

Was about to reply with basically the same. We have gotten far enough down the road with this group that there must be more complexity. He clearly has talent, but he often appears lost. Hopefully things start to click in the coming weeks.

He also has that little thing on his mind about becoming a father. Also, his uncle recently passed away. Just lots going on in his life. And a freshman. He’ll be fine.
Whoop there it is. Didn't know about the former - definite 'game-changer', more so for youth. Thanks for the heads-up.

He missed the ND game due to his Uncle's death. He returned to school and announced he is going to be a father. That's a big week for a teenager.
I knew about his uncle, but had not heard the other. Yep that messes with your head for a bit.

I guess it's to late in his career to fix XJ shooting style (Problem)
I have a friend who’s a fellow IU grad who always bets against IU if they are favored. I secretly laugh when he loses. I would either bet IU or find another game.

It’s great they covered. Minnesota is having a nice year all things considered, I think they have 11 transfers.

I stayed away from the spread and played the total u132.5. Looks like I'm off to a great Sunday of action. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I have a friend who’s a fellow IU grad who always bets against IU if they are favored. I secretly laugh when he loses. I would either bet IU or find another game.

It’s great they covered. Minnesota is having a nice year all things considered, I think they have 11 transfers.
here’s to your friend going broke

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT