ADVERTISEMENT

10 thoughts from the 18th row.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
Here goes.

1. Beer. That was a refreshing and much needed change.

2. Micheal Penix will break every QB record at Indiana. Well, besides the rushing records(ARE).

3. Our defense is a lot faster. They get to the ball fast. We won’t give up as many big plays.

4. Hendershot is really good and should be used, a lot.

5. Our O-line is solid in pass protection. But they come off the ball really slow in the run game. I wish we would play under center a little more.

6. Whop Philyor is our best playmaker. He needs 10-12 touches a game.

7. Hendershot is really good and should be used a lot........oh, I said that already.

8. James Head is an NFL DE. This guy probably won’t be a HUGE NAME just yet. But as a Jr, he will easily have double digit sacks.

9. Our Special Teams look good. William Inge must have had his *** chewed after last season. I hope they can keep it up.

10. There is no reason, that we shouldn’t be packing the stadium with IU fans next week. I know it’s OSU. But we have a “Punchers Chance.”

Here goes.

1. Beer. That was a refreshing and much needed change.

2. Micheal Penix will break every QB record at Indiana. Well, besides the rushing records(ARE).

3. Our defense is a lot faster. They get to the ball fast. We won’t give up as many big plays.

4. Hendershot is really good and should be used, a lot.

5. Our O-line is solid in pass protection. But they come off the ball really slow in the run game. I wish we would play under center a little more.

6. Whop Philyor is our best playmaker. He needs 10-12 touches a game.

7. Hendershot is really good and should be used a lot........oh, I said that already.

8. James Head is an NFL DE. This guy probably won’t be a HUGE NAME just yet. But as a Jr, he will easily have double digit sacks.

9. Our Special Teams look good. William Inge must have had his *** chewed after last season. I hope they can keep it up.

10. There is no reason, that we shouldn’t be packing the stadium with IU fans next week. I know it’s OSU. But we have a “Punchers Chance.”
Ohio State always sells out, there will be too much O-H-I-O, and it will be picture day for the athletic promotions crew. IU "fans" won't really care to come.

Reactions: IUgradman
Ohio State always sells out, there will be too much O-H-I-O, and it will be picture day for the athletic promotions crew. IU "fans" won't really care to come.

You haven’t been to an OSU game in Btown for several years. They haven’t been able to get that going for many visits. The student section is able to shut that down. Albeit with distasteful chats but they are effective.

Reactions: DANC and Chriselli
You haven’t been to an OSU game in Btown for several years. They haven’t been able to get that going for many visits. The student section is able to shut that down. Albeit with distasteful chats but they are effective.
I have been to every OSU-IU game in Bloomington for the last forty years. I have heard it every time,usually, many times. You need to stay for the whole game, just like the students need to. There could not have been 1.000 students on the IU side the second half Saturday. You wonder why we have trouble recruiting top kids?

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
I have been to every OSU-IU game in Bloomington for the last forty years. I have heard it every time,usually, many times. You need to stay for the whole game, just like the students need to. There could not have been 1.000 students on the IU side the second half Saturday. You wonder why we have trouble recruiting top kids?
The student section was quite full at the beginning of the game. Then, yes, most students left at half with the score 35-0 in a totally noncompetitive romp against an out-manned team in a game that was not interesting. What do you expect?

You are simply wrong but believe what you want. I have been to every IU v OSU game since 2002. The only ones I have missed since 1989 are the ones I missed when deployed overseas. The days of OSU taking over the IU stadium ended.

You are simply wrong but believe what you want. I have been to every IU v OSU game since 2002. The only ones I have missed since 1989 are the ones I missed when deployed overseas. The days of OSU taking over the IU stadium ended.
I have never unfortunately been to Bloomington for any game especially Ohio State but it does seem to be an awful lot of OSU fans there and I hear many people say that it seems more like an away game than home game. I don’t know for sure but I hope you are right and I hope the IU students and turnout in huge fashion. And have that same fervor as you see in Assembly Hall.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
That would be really embarrassing. More Ohio fans than Hoosiers. Come on students. You want to influence the world, start here.
This is so ridiculous. There are NEVER more O$U fans at Memorial Stadium than IU fans. This is just hyperbole.

Yes, there are more O$U fans than normal opposition fans. They have a huge fan base and they're within a few hours drive. And they are loud, which makes it seem like there are more there.

But they don't outnumber IU fans. Never have and never will. Not saying there are not a lot there, but certainly not a majority. And they can't get in on student tickets anyway.

This is so ridiculous. There are NEVER more O$U fans at Memorial Stadium than IU fans. This is just hyperbole.

Yes, there are more O$U fans than normal opposition fans. They have a huge fan base and they're within a few hours drive. And they are loud, which makes it seem like there are more there.

But they don't outnumber IU fans. Never have and never will. Not saying there are not a lot there, but certainly not a majority. And they can't get in on student tickets anyway.
There have been games where OSU kicked our butts and at the end their fans were singing and Hoosiers had left the building. Less will come if we beat them in btown. It’s close and they win all the time. Sure would like that to change.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Indiana needs to occasionally beat Ohio St., a la Iowa or Purdue. If you haven't noticed, Iowa and even Purdue occasionally knock off Ohio State...and I'm not talking once in three decades!! That's how you build a huge following!

I’d say it’ll be 2/3 IU fans and 1/3 OSU.

Let the real games begin...

This is bullshit. And if you were really at the game in 2015, you wouldn't be saying this.

Reactions: IU Fan 1989
I’d say it’ll be 2/3 IU fans and 1/3 OSU.

Let the real games begin...

It's usually 40k+ IU fans and maybe 10k OSU fans who are rabbid and very loud.

OSU bringing 15-20k+ fans hasn't happened since pre-Terry Hoeppner when we had no student section.

Poor Nick...blah, blah, blah...the whole sec seems to simplify everything for themselves. 8 conference games, and now scheduling cupcakes the week before rivalry weekend https://www.secsports.com/schedule/football/_/year/2019/type/2/week/13
Bama should be playing some great ooc conference matchups which everyone would tune into but Saban doesn't want anything to do with it.

They pretty much get that going at the end of games where they are killing us. A lot of IU fans have probably exited, and those that have stayed really don't have anything to cheer about. I remember that game in 2015 when we were up 10-6 at halftime and pretty much just shut them down at that point. They were deathly quiet. Wish it would have stayed that way.

Reactions: DANC and 76-1
That hasn’t been the case since 2005. Two years ago was a great atmosphere.

Reactions: UncleMark
It's usually 40k+ IU fans and maybe 10k OSU fans who are rabbid and very loud.

OSU bringing 15-20k+ fans hasn't happened since pre-Terry Hoeppner when we had no student section.
No way. You do realize they’re spread all around the stadium right?

There have been games where OSU kicked our butts and at the end their fans were singing and Hoosiers had left the building. Less will come if we beat them in btown. It’s close and they win all the time. Sure would like that to change.

The last time I was at an OSU game in B-ton those two OSU bald fat white guys who paint their head and get on TV all the time were sitting just down from us. The bastards wouldn't sit down the whole game.....they literally were standing up the whole game. And, unfortunately, we didn't have any fans thuggish enough to sit them down......

That hasn’t been the case since 2005. Two years ago was a great atmosphere.
I was sitting in the section next to the OSU section for that game. While they ended up winning handily, we gave them enough of a battle that their fans didn't have much reason to be overly rowdy. And afterwards talking with OSU fans while waiting for the bus to the remote parking lot we got a lot of respect.

Did not say it was however Alabama having a couple thousand leave early and IU having a couple thousand is a huge difference
Not sure where you're getting your information, but the student section at the Alabama/New Mexico State game was characterized as having "cleared out" in the second half, and the stadium was half empty at the end of the game.

It's 2019. Students won't sit for four hours watching a blowout, whether it's Alabama, Indiana or anyone else.

The last time I was at an OSU game in B-ton those two OSU bald fat white guys who paint their head and get on TV all the time were sitting just down from us. The bastards wouldn't sit down the whole game.....they literally were standing up the whole game. And, unfortunately, we didn't have any fans thuggish enough to sit them down......

Folks in Ohio Stadium would've told those dbags to take a seat. They are annoying...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT