ADVERTISEMENT

#10 Hoosiers

Lee Corso and crew will get a chance to reassess their opinion of the Hoosiers on Gameday next Saturday. I'm looking forward to hearing what Lee has to say! They all picked Michigan yesterday.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Lee Corso and crew will get a chance to reassess their opinion of the Hoosiers on Gameday next Saturday. I'm looking forward to hearing what Lee has to say! They all picked Michigan yesterday.
I was surprised he went with Michigan, particularly after he (and Desmond Howard) correctly picked the Hoosiers against Penn State two weeks earlier.

The ranking and the attention are great but we haven’t won anything yet.
Let’s worry about Michigan State.
Well, we've won three B1G games and it's the first time we're 3-0 in conference play since 1988, so there's that. But I get your point. One game at a time.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Some people just don't want to accept this is an improved Hoosier football team. I am not saying they are world beaters yet but they aren't a group that lets us down and I expect they will continue surprising people this year.

Some people just don't want to accept this is an improved Hoosier football team. I am not saying they are world beaters yet but they aren't a group that lets us down and I expect they will continue surprising people this year.
What Saturday showed is that IU has reached the level where if they play an "A" game, they can beat good teams without the other team having to play terribly.

Like, PSU made HUGE errors all game. IU offense didn't play well, but was able to capitalize. That Michigan game was not full of errors by UM, IU just took of business strongly.

Can IU beat OSU if both playing "A+" games? Probably not. Can they win if IU plays their best game of the year and OSU plays down just a little bit? They could.

I just REALLY want OSU to stumble somewhere on their schedule and see IU win out either way and get into the B1G championship game.

What Saturday showed is that IU has reached the level where if they play an "A" game, they can beat good teams without the other team having to play terribly.

Like, PSU made HUGE errors all game. IU offense didn't play well, but was able to capitalize. That Michigan game was not full of errors by UM, IU just took of business strongly.

Can IU beat OSU if both playing "A+" games? Probably not. Can they win if IU plays their best game of the year and OSU plays down just a little bit? They could.

I just REALLY want OSU to stumble somewhere on their schedule and see IU win out either way and get into the B1G championship game.
I can't like this post enough. Well stated. We can win on our own and don't need opponent to screw up to win. Progress. Go Hoosiers!

We will have to beat OSU to get to Indy. Assuming they beat Maryland this weekend, their last 3 games are Illinois, MSU and Michigan. If we lose to them, there is no way they are dropping 2 of 3. I think it safe to say that their 2 toughest games remaining are Maryland and IU.

IU should be mad about losing to MSU last season, and act like Michael Jordan in the ESPN Series where he (Jordan) always needs an enemy every game or series, sometimes based on things he makes up even to get himself pissed off. That loss to MSU was enough to piss them off and it's the ONLY game Penix has lost as a starter (due to his injury riddled start at IU). Take care of the spittoon, and then get ready for a fun, hyped game at OSU!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT