💥 BOOM 💥

YOTHN

All-Big Ten
Jun 20, 2014
List the links. Otherwise get off the board. You don't know squat.

Good comeback. Google Brad Stevens. You complaining that IU didn't offer other coaches with NO LINKS to provide is no different. So please, leave this board as you're FOS.

rocketo

All-Big Ten
Feb 23, 2007
Correct, this place was an embarassment throught this process.
And after this hire, many here continue to be an embarrassment. Do we have a list of all those who are doom and gloom? It would be interesting to refer back to that in a few years.

Reactions: YOTHN

bsmitty08

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2004
Where do you get your stats? He took a 13 win Hawks team and turned them into a contender, getting more wins each season he was there and taking them to the playoffs his last 3 years. Then about 8 years ago he took over the Knicks after D'Antoni got fired and made them a 53 win team and the #2 seed in the East. THE KNICKS. You guys must not watch the NBA.
So why wasn’t he long tenured head coach instead of assistant? 3 winning seasons as a head coach out of 9 years

Harpo Marxist

Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2002
Former IU players are on board and excited about this hire...I'm talking successful former players.

YOTHN

All-Big Ten
Jun 20, 2014
So why wasn’t he long tenured head coach instead of assistant? 3 winning seasons as a head coach out of 9 years
I wasn't in the Hawks front office to know why. His teams in Atlanta's win totals went, 13, 26, 30, 37, 47, 53. The last 3 years all were in the playoffs and each time he went further. Why they fired him is beyond me. Then he took over the Knicks after they fired Antoni and promptly went 18-6 to finish the season. the next year they won 54 games and won the Atlantic Division and against lost in the Conference Semi's. They finished 3rd in the Atlantic the next year and the Phil Jackson fired him. Most thought he would get Steve Kerr but Golden State swooped in.

bsmitty08

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2004
I wasn't in the Hawks front office to know why. His teams in Atlanta's win totals went, 13, 26, 30, 37, 47, 53. The last 3 years all were in the playoffs and each time he went further. Why they fired him is beyond me. Then he took over the Knicks after they fired Antoni and promptly went 18-6 to finish the season. the next year they won 54 games and won the Atlantic Division and against lost in the Conference Semi's. They finished 3rd in the Atlantic the next year and the Phil Jackson fired him. Most thought he would get Steve Kerr but Golden State swooped in.
How much does an NBA coach actually coach? Run a program? GM handles building the team and then the players handle the games. Heck you can’t hardly name nba coaches because they don’t really matter.

Beorik

Freshman
Sep 25, 2019
How much does an NBA coach actually coach? Run a program? GM handles building the team and then the players handle the games. Heck you can’t hardly name nba coaches because they don’t really matter.
Wow. I hope you are saying this sarcastically. If you can’t name many nba coaches and/or don’t think they do much then you don’t pay much attention to basketball.

Reactions: outside shooter

YOTHN

All-Big Ten
Jun 20, 2014

Wait, what? You think NBA coaches don't actually coach? Yeah, you definitely aren't an NBA fan, which is fine but that thought process is severely misguided. NBA coaches have changed the way college coaches coach the game. Colleges are trying to replicate the offenses NBA's use so having Woodson and Matta there to help guide this program is a great combo. Not a guarantee for success but nothing is. There is a lot of reasons to think Mike and the leadership are doing what is needed to turn this ship around.

Reactions: UnkaUwe