ADVERTISEMENT

IU vs Cinci game 2021

Given all the Cinci players who got drafted, was doing a project and rewatching the game.
IU was dominating them on D, up 7-0, Anderson sack, McFadden picks up fumble. IU on the six. IU scores and goes up 14-0.

But don’t forget we had already gone for a 4th & 1 on 13 and Penix got stuffed. Then Penix also threw a TD in the end zone.

Hoping the new OC can finish better than Sheridan, as IU could have been up 28-0 in first and probably would have deflated Cinci.

I do hope next year’s Cinci team will be less stout given they least 8 starters to the NFL, including top QB, RB, WR, DT and 2 CB’s!

If you want to give money, give money to Hoosiers for Good

I got a text from a few people asking about if we should anticipate a player transferring because of the craze on peegs. I don't read that garbage, but got pulled in today. HOLY SHIT. I cannot believe how many stupid people. (actually never mind America never shocks me on its stupidity) are giving money to the clown hysterics. They are cryptic posting that it is possible that someone leaves. Could it be JG??? Could it be Tamar?? That Eric guy is a rich attention whore and I wish he would move to Japan. Way more money than the normal fan, yet he solicits the public to give to his fund, that has zero transparency. These guys are complete clowns.

You want to give money and have it go to a specific athlete? DM me. You want to give in general for the greater good? Give to Hoosiers for Good. Think about drinking bleach before empowering those clowns tho.

Illinois@IU, Game 3: IU 11 Illini 7. IU holds the Illini scoreless over the final six innings...

RHP Braydon Tucker is on the mound with an ERA of 4.72 in 34.1 IP, while RHP Riley Gowens is on the mound for the Illini with an ERA of 4.54 in 39.2 IP.

In the 1st, Tucker allows the first two batters to reach on a single and a walk, but he gets a K for the 1st out. A double steal puts runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out. Tucker then gets another K for two outs with runners still on 2nd and 3rd. Tucker then issues a walk on four pitches to load the bases with two outs. A single through the left side of the infield scores two runs to give the Illini 2-0 with runners on 1st and 2nd with two outs. A ground out ends the Illini's 1st as this game starts off like the one yesterday with the Illini getting two runs in the 1st.

In IU's 1st, Whalen fouls out, Jesse walks, and Pyne is hit by a pitch to put two runners on with one out. Mathison then hits a 431 ft. three-run homer to give IU the lead at 3-2. Doanes pops out, but Tibbetts then singles to put a runner on with two outs. Ellis lines out to end the inning, and both starting pitchers have thrown a lot of pitches in the 1st.

Naomi Judd passed away.

Sometimes when I am holding my grandsons I sing, "Grandpa, tell us about the good ole days".

Youth mental health crisis

The author of a NY Times story on a crisis in mental health among youth was on Smerconish this morning. Here is the Smerconish interview:

Login to view embedded media
And here is the NYTimes story.

So smoking, drinking, drugs, sex, and tv watching are all down among kids, why are depression and suicide going up?

In the interview the author is not willing to say smart phones/internet ARE the cause, but they are at least part of the problem. Kids are not in face-to-face contact as much with their peers.

But in the article another point exists that did not come up, the average age of puberty continues to decline. Adolescence is a tough time with huge desires to "fit in". But the body may be starting that now before the brain has developed a strong sense of self. Combined with the internet this can be a big problem.

Google does show that across the west puberty is starting earlier and earlier.

I would suggest keeping phones from kids, but that "fitting in" problem raises its head, being the only kid in a class without a phone will cause problems.

This link says the current age in US and Canada is between 9 and 11 for girls, https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Health/...these changes occur,signs of puberty in girls.
Reactions: larsIU

Illinois@IU, Game 2: Illini 18 IU 10. Illini's 10-run 6th dooms IU...

I was unaware they moved the start time of this game up and it's a good thing considering the three main parts of the game in hitting, pitching and fielding all failed to show up for the Hoosiers. IU has given up 15 hits to score 16 runs with 13 earned, and as I post this they have just five hits including two hits in 6th, while committing three errors. IU leads the B1G in fewest errors, but counting the two yesterday, they have committed five errors in the first two games of the series.

In the 6th, it was an inning where IU reverted back to their Pony League days and I could use Little League, but Little League players play better than what IU did in this inning. There was just about anything you could think of from a negative standpoint that happened for IU as the Illini plated 10 runs in the inning.

In the B6th, Mathison leads off with a homer to get IU on the board. Tibbetts also singled in the inning but that was it for IU in the 6th.
  • Sad
Reactions: dr.jb and mk30
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT