ADVERTISEMENT

You knew it was going to happen....

It's not like there is anything on there that we didn't already know.

At this point it is pretty much public knowledge.

Reactions: DrHoops
HAng on, lets have a thread of "SHOW US YOUR SHOCKED FACE". This is Putin 101 , BUT. We have elections. ... so does russia and Turkey.

Reactions: DANC
It's not like there is anything on there that we didn't already know.

At this point it is pretty much public knowledge.
That's not the point. The government leaks like a sieve when they want to hang someone. And that's what's happening here.

It's all an attempt to sway a jury, and make it hard to find an objective one.

That's not the point. The government leaks like a sieve when they want to hang someone. And that's what's happening here.

It's all an attempt to sway a jury, and make it hard to find an objective one.
Hmmm. Interesting.

I thought it was CNN that leaked it.

Oh well, anyway, instead of leaking actual evidence, maybe the government should just use Truth Social, Twitter, OAN and Newsmax to spread lies and "opinions."

Reactions: bwcoach
The Trump tape has been 'leaked'. Is anyone else surprised the government wants to try this in the court of public opinion, instead of a court of law?
Trump himself leaked the news of his first indictment. He probably leaked this recording as well. Don't you know that it exonerates him?

Yep, it's obvious, isn't it?

The DoJ is such a joke. Clearly a 2-tier system of justice.
Most of the recording transcript was in the indictment, and you don’t know who leaked it:

“The audio recording comes from a July 2021 interview Trump gave at his Bedminster resort for people working on the memoir of Mark Meadows, Trump’s former chief of staff.”

More than the special prosecutor’s team has it.

Why not address, discuss, and defend what’s in the audio? Could you do that? My guess is not a chance.

More:

Last edited:
Trump himself leaked the news of his first indictment. He probably leaked this recording as well. Don't you know that it exonerates him?

Trumpster talking points for all to see. That they’re ridiculous does not matter.

Yep, it's obvious, isn't it?

The DoJ is such a joke. Clearly a 2-tier system of justice.
I'd like to learn more about this "2-tier system of justice." How long has it been around and who were the architects? How are the tiers organized? How would you describe each tier? What are the main features of each? Can you give some examples of who's in which tier?

The Trump tape has been 'leaked'. Is anyone else surprised the government wants to try this in the court of public opinion, instead of a court of law?
Well I'm not sure if you understand the concept of irony, but you certainly have provided an excellent example...

Silly me, I thought t was Team Trump, speaking at campaign rallies, makng unhinged social media posts on his own platform, and having his incompetent awyers regurgitating nonsense on right wing talk shows that were intent on trying the case in the "courst of public pinion"...

The fact that Trump's own legal team has to gain security clearance to be able to read and examine some of the documents that were seized at MAL and have been determined to be evidence, tells you how badly an argument that Trump didn't knowingly retain classified documents is doomed to fail. Photographs entered in to the indictment that came not from the FBI, but were taken by members of Trump's own MAL staff who were aware that classified documents wre being stored unsecurely and illegally.

Trump's only hope is for the same type of jury nullification that occurred in Bannon's trial, where a MAGA type infiltrated the jury and insisted that Bannonn was being unfairly politically persecuted. Never mind that the arrest of Bannon came via Trump's own DOJ. And of course the victims of the fraud and grift that Bannon was charged with were Trump supporters who didn't understand that Bannon's idea of donate to build the Wall, was actually "donate to buy me a luxury yacht and other luxury items to fuel my lifestyle"...

So yeah, if there able to put a stooge on the jury, they might get a nullification. But Jack Smith has submitted a list of 84 potential witnesses, and many of them are likely people like Esper who will provide damning testimony, like some of what he says here...

Hey maybe Trump can hire his guy Santos as a "character witness"...

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I'd like to learn more about this "2-tier system of justice." How long has it been around and who were the architects? How are the tiers organized? How would you describe each tier? What are the main features of each? Can you give some examples of who's in which tier?
I suspect it’s not the rich tier and the poor tier. The truth isn’t what they’re after.

Here are some examples: Flynn, Stone, Kushner and Mantafort are clearly in the upper tier:

Trump or his team likely is the one who leaked it, to control the timing of when it came out.

most leaks do come from the original source, and are done to control "when" something becomes public, that's gonna become public.

not doubt the Trump team thinks it's better, both in court and public opinion, if this is "old news" when it comes out in court.

the prosecution had nothing to gain from this coming out early.

Most of the recording transcript was in the indictment, and you don’t know who leaked it:

“The audio recording comes from a July 2021 interview Trump gave at his Bedminster resort for people working on the memoir of Mark Meadows, Trump’s former chief of staff.”

Why not address, discuss, and defend what’s in the audio? Could you do that? My guess is not a chance.

More:

It figures you wouldn't have a problem with leaks if it's Trump. But leaking is a bad thing otherwise, for you.

Why should I take a tape recording seriously when you don't take a Hunter transcript seriously?

Hmmm. Interesting.

I thought it was CNN that leaked it.

Oh well, anyway, instead of leaking actual evidence, maybe the government should just use Truth Social, Twitter, OAN and Newsmax to spread lies and "opinions."
Who do you think gave it to CNN? Good Lord, you're worse than Hickory.

It figures you wouldn't have a problem with leaks if it's Trump. But leaking is a bad thing otherwise, for you.

Why should I take a tape recording seriously when you don't take a Hunter transcript seriously?
It’s well known that I’m no fan of leaks. We don’t know who leaked this, but regardless, you can’t defend anything in the audio (again, most of the transcript is in the indictment anyway). At least you won’t try.

Hunter transcript is irrelevant to the Trump case, but I have absolutely no interest in defending Hunter Biden.

Reactions: MrBing
It’s well known that I’m no fan of leaks. We don’t know who leaked this, but regardless, you can’t defend anything in the audio (again, most of the transcript is in the indictment anyway). At least you won’t try.

Hunter transcript is irrelevant to the Trump case, but I have absolutely no interest in defending Hunter Biden.
I'll let the jury decide. That's the difference between you and me - you like to proclaim people guilty without a trial.

You won't defend Hunter, but you sure aren't calling for him to be indicted. And there's a lot he could be indicted for. But again, you aren't interested much in Democrat criminal behavior.

I haven't dismissed the possibility that you're a better-than-average troll, and that you fully understand you're posting nonsense.

I don't think that's it, though. It seems you don't have any real interest in facts, you're unable to apply logic to your arguments, and your elevator doesn't go to the top floor. That's why any attempt at a substantive exchange with you is a complete waste of time.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I'll let the jury decide. That's the difference between you and me - you like to proclaim people guilty without a trial.

You won't defend Hunter, but you sure aren't calling for him to be indicted. And there's a lot he could be indicted for. But again, you aren't interested much in Democrat criminal behavior.
You’re full of it.

Hunter is guilty of some bings already. He pled guilty. Frankly, I care little about him unless Joe Biden is actually involved. Then I’ll be wanting him impeached and convicted. We aren’t there yet.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
IT WAS 'HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL' GOLF COURSE PLANS

LOL

He's like a busted kid trying to lie himself out of trouble.
And how about the "bravado" defense?

What's truly scary is that this won't end when the orange enemy of American democracy finally retires or dies. There's a blueprint now for gaslighting, something this asshole has perfected, that can and will be used by future autocrat wannabes. There are tens of millions of really stupid people in this country who will believe anything. We see a small sample of that here on the WC every day. It's fvcking frightening.

More:

The reporting totally leaves out the context. Trump said about those documents on the recording: “ this totally wins my case”. What do you suppose he was talking about? At that time, Trump must have been accused of doing something wrong besides taking documents. Trump is accused of doing something wrong on a daily basis. The documents had to do with that.

Miley prepared the document. Was Trump’s statement during the time Miley was shooting off his mouth about warning world leaders about an unhinged Trump going to war and doing that behind Trump’s back? I dunno.

Trump mixed up his tenses when he spoke of the documents. He never said the documents were not declassified. To make that conclusion, you have to correct Trump’s grammar.

If it turns out the DOJ leaked this, that could be a get out of jail free card. SCOTUS ( or maybe the CA) whacked DOJ lawyers for similar conduct in the New Orleans cop murder cases 10 years, or so, ago.

Edit: I just heard that Trump is not charged with keeping the document that he was talking about on the tape. Interesting. Why not? Why the leak?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania and DANC
The reporting totally leaves out the context. Trump said about those documents on the recording: “ this totally wins my case”. What do you suppose he was talking about? At that time, Trump must have been accused of doing something wrong besides taking documents. Trump is accused of doing something wrong on a daily basis. The documents had to do with that.

Miley prepared the document. Was Trump’s statement during the time Miley was shooting off his mouth about warning world leaders about an unhinged Trump going to war and doing that behind Trump’s back? I dunno.

Trump mixed up his tenses when he spoke of the documents. He never said the documents were not declassified. To make that conclusion, you have to correct Trump’s grammar.

If it turns out the DOJ leaked this, that could be a get out of jail free card. SCOTUS ( or maybe the CA) whacked DOJ lawyers for similar conduct in the New Orleans cop murder cases 10 years, or so, ago.

You're totally flailing here.

Well, isn't that interesting. So Trump is allegedly showing a classified document to his friends and he's not even being charged with having the document?

Oh, and all those boxes that were shown in the bathroom and other places? Well, there were less than 100 classified docs. So, once again, the prosecutor is telling a false story with his leaks and pictures.

You’re full of it.

Hunter is guilty of some bings already. He pled guilty. Frankly, I care little about him unless Joe Biden is actually involved. Then I’ll be wanting him impeached and convicted. We aren’t there yet.
You evidently have had your head in the sand. According to the transcripts, Hunter said Joe was sitting beside him when he was shaking down his Chinese contact for $5 million.

It does concern our national security and you couldn't care less. That's sad.

Mark Levin says Trump should immediately file for dismissal of the charges because of the leak.

Who else had it? It's common knowledge it was a government leak.

Talk about bad faith posting.
Are you talking about the NBC owned tape? The one where Trump had his own people record it. Are we talking about the tape where Trump admits that he was in possession of classified military information about the United States going to war with Iran? And then he showed it to the people in the table saying I bet you didn't believe me!

Reactions: Bill4411
Reactions: MrBing
You evidently have had your head in the sand. According to the transcripts, Hunter said Joe was sitting beside him when he was shaking down his Chinese contact for $5 million.

It does concern our national security and you couldn't care less. That's sad.
Crack addicts aren't particularly credible, danc.

Also, are you talking about the purported screen shot of the WhatsApp message that doesn't reflect a time, internet connection or cell phone data provider? Lol.

Reactions: Bill4411 and larsIU

Edit: I just heard that Trump is not charged with keeping the document that he was talking about on the tape. Interesting. Why not? Why the leak?
Oh my God. This is a new low, even for you.

The "context" doesn't mean shit. The reason doesn't matter. He disclosed classified national defense information. That's a crime, ace.

Trump is referring to a document which he calls "highly confidential." He adds, "See as president I could have declassified it. Now I can't, you know, but this is still a secret."

This is a slam-dunk conviction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT